GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Hello growers.

It's about time to start another grow, but first a little background:

The Mrs. has been riding me to take a break. So I will.

This grow will consist of only 4 plants, all grown in the 4x4 tent. The "break" I'm taking is to not grow anything in the 5x5 for the next few months. Mrs. GDB was happy to hear that news! (And, trying to grow in the basement tent during the dog days of August in D.C. would create all kinds of issues for moi! ;) )

That said, a few weeks back I stated that I was going to go with a "Do-Over" grow, using the top-listed seeds on my do-over list. However, the more I thought about it the more I disliked the idea.

I have too many strains that I've yet to grow a single time, and I'm anxious to discovery what they will produce. So I'm sure that a complete do-over grow would have underwhelmed me. Therefore, I'm going to go with 3 new (to me) strains and a single do-over plant.

The new strains are:

@Weed Seeds Express Green Crack.

Here's what WSE says about it:

Green Crack sativa seeds presents a magnificent plant, medium to large, with a strong and open structure, with a relatively large distance between the nodes and long, thin leaves of beautiful light green. It grows vigorously; we advise controlling the size indoors so that it has sufficient space during flowering. She has the symmetrical appearance of a Christmas tree, with a generous production of large and heavy resinous buds, which are concentrated on the central stem and all the secondary branches. This feminized strain grows well in greenhouse conditions, indoors, or outdoors. It grows easily and quickly into a sturdy medium plant reaching 80-120 cm, and a flowering time in September. You will be able to harvest impressive amounts of shiny, trichome-coated buds. The THC content is quite high (15-20%).

Green Crack has a rapid flowering cycle of just eight weeks. The strain has a notoriously pungent smell during the flowering phase, so we advise you to take measures when growing indoors.

The weed has an intense and fruity aroma and taste, with notes of mango, pineapple, exotic wood and frankincense. Green Crack feminized seeds are the result of the cross between a 1989 SSSC Skunk # 1 and an Isolated Afghani Cut. The result is a Sativa dominant hybrid that is vigorous, hardy, easy to grow, short flowering, potent and productive.

The other two new strains are both from Greenpoint Seeds, a breeder operating out of Colorado. On their site they hold reverse auctions, wherein they select three of their strains per day (but not everyday) and drop the price of them at set intervals (usually every ten minutes) until someone scoops them up.

That sounded like fun to me and so I participated in 3 auctions and got 3 six-packs of their seeds at what I consider to be really good prices! Now I want to see if they're worth even the little cash that I paid for them.

From Greenpoint I'll be running a Purple Dream and a Purple Tahoe.

Purple Dream:

Purple Dream is an Indica-dominant hybrid created by crossing Blue Dream and Purple Punch. As a Purple strain, this hybrid smells distinctly of grapes (and a little blueberry, too). Purple dream boasts a pleasant musty flavor. Additionally—for those with an especially discerning palate—it may taste of flowers, pine, grapes, and blueberries. The powerful head high of this lofty strain tends to induce creativity and euphoria. It may also induce relaxation for those who consume high doses. This strain is commonly sought for its soothing and mood-boosting effects. Fortunately, function and motivation are not lost on this strain as they often are with stronger cultivars. However, high doses may induce sleep, so save this one for evenings or lazy days if possible. Many choose to consume Purple Dream as a means of relaxation and pain mitigation. Additionally, medical marijuana users often use it to relieve discomfort, boost the appetite, and improve the mood. However, like most strains, it may cause cottonmouth, so keep a drink handy when consuming this Indica hybrid. The manicured flowers are forest green with a sprinkling of tiny orange hairs.

The large amber trichomes glimmer when the light catches them, making for amazing bag appeal. Cultivating Purple Dream is easierthan many other strains. This variety is resistant to most pests and diseases, and can be grown indoors or outdoors. It grows best outside with moderate humidity levels and lots of sunshine.

Purple Tahoe:

Purple Tahoe is a flavorful indica hybrid perfect for relaxing after a long day or drifting gracefully to sleep. It is the ideal blend of parents Tahoe OG Kush and Purple Punch. As such, it is a relaxing, enjoyable strain with dessert-like flavors and euphoric experiences. The dense, brightly colored nugs glisten in the light thanks to a sea of sparkling trichomes. An alluring aroma of citrus, berry, earth, and pine are easily detectable and give a hint to the experience ahead. But it is the tantalizing flavor of grapes, herbs, and lemon that ultimately kicks off the high.

This pronounced indica strain will send a wave of numbness across the body within minutes after the first puff. Deep sedation may set in quickly when consuming large amounts of this strain. Though many experience a burst of creativity, it is usually contained within the mind with little outward development. Tahoe OG Kush may be suitable for intimate discussions but rarely leads to in-depth conversations or especially profound thinking. Consumers often choose Tahoe OG Kush to treat chronic pain, insomnia, PMS, nausea, and eating disorders. It is also well-received as a therapeutic aid for mental discomfort. Those with anxiety, depression, PTSD, and ADHD tend to enjoy the effects of this strain.

Yes, I'm leaning on the purple. I've been trying to grow a purple plant over the last couple of grows and thus far I'm zero for purple! I'm going to keep trying until I get one that's not green!

Lastly, the do-over seed.

The Original Glue is at the top of my list. But I have a couple of Mason jars of that one on hand. So I'm going with #2 on the list, Cosmic Lights.

This is one of the first photoperiod plants I grew and it remains one of my favs. It brings a great taste and a wonderful effect. I don't have a lot of info about it, but here's the little that I have:

Cosmic Lights Feminized is a cross between Northern Lights and G13 Hashplant from
Sensi Seeds. She smells of pine and lemony citrus and tastes like it smells.
It apparently likes to grow with a lot of purple hue as well. The indica high is
a creeper, coming up slowly, eventually hitting smokers with a heavy feeling of
total relaxation. Patients look to Cosmic Lights for severe pain, nausea, and
appetite loss. Also, it is good for stress relief and insomnia. It is also good
general relief for PTSD.

Flowering period is 8 to 9 weeks.

This was my go-to strain for quite a while. I grew it in 2020 and it jumped the #1 seed on the list because I only have this much left:
IMG_5249.jpg

And that's only a 16oz Mason jar.

Here is the smoke report I did on that one.

I'll be soaking the seeds perhaps as early as tomorrow in the hope that I'll be harvesting them during the Thanksgiving season. And hopefully I will be giving thanks for a purple plant! :)

BTW, Greenpoint provided pics of the plants I'll be growing:

Purple Tahoe:
1659285709854.png

Purple Dream:
1659285656226.png

I'm sure mine will look just like those pictured! :laughtwo:

I won't try to tag everyone that's been kind enough to follow some of my grows. I know I would leave someone out and that would be regrettable. However, I will reference this grow in my current grow thread.

I hope you'll be able to join me. As usual, I'm looking forward!:Rasta:

Peace.

Hello growers.

It's about time to start another grow, but first a little background:

The Mrs. has been riding me to take a break. So I will.

This grow will consist of only 4 plants, all grown in the 4x4 tent. The "break" I'm taking is to not grow anything in the 5x5 for the next few months. Mrs. GDB was happy to hear that news! (And, trying to grow in the basement tent during the dog days of August in D.C. would create all kinds of issues for moi! ;) )

That said, a few weeks back I stated that I was going to go with a "Do-Over" grow, using the top-listed seeds on my do-over list. However, the more I thought about it the more I disliked the idea.

I have too many strains that I've yet to grow a single time, and I'm anxious to discovery what they will produce. So I'm sure that a complete do-over grow would have underwhelmed me. Therefore, I'm going to go with 3 new (to me) strains and a single do-over plant.

The new strains are:

@Weed Seeds Express Green Crack.

Here's what WSE says about it:

Green Crack sativa seeds presents a magnificent plant, medium to large, with a strong and open structure, with a relatively large distance between the nodes and long, thin leaves of beautiful light green. It grows vigorously; we advise controlling the size indoors so that it has sufficient space during flowering. She has the symmetrical appearance of a Christmas tree, with a generous production of large and heavy resinous buds, which are concentrated on the central stem and all the secondary branches. This feminized strain grows well in greenhouse conditions, indoors, or outdoors. It grows easily and quickly into a sturdy medium plant reaching 80-120 cm, and a flowering time in September. You will be able to harvest impressive amounts of shiny, trichome-coated buds. The THC content is quite high (15-20%).

Green Crack has a rapid flowering cycle of just eight weeks. The strain has a notoriously pungent smell during the flowering phase, so we advise you to take measures when growing indoors.

The weed has an intense and fruity aroma and taste, with notes of mango, pineapple, exotic wood and frankincense. Green Crack feminized seeds are the result of the cross between a 1989 SSSC Skunk # 1 and an Isolated Afghani Cut. The result is a Sativa dominant hybrid that is vigorous, hardy, easy to grow, short flowering, potent and productive.

The other two new strains are both from Greenpoint Seeds, a breeder operating out of Colorado. On their site they hold reverse auctions, wherein they select three of their strains per day (but not everyday) and drop the price of them at set intervals (usually every ten minutes) until someone scoops them up.

That sounded like fun to me and so I participated in 3 auctions and got 3 six-packs of their seeds at what I consider to be really good prices! Now I want to see if they're worth even the little cash that I paid for them.

From Greenpoint I'll be running a Purple Dream and a Purple Tahoe.

Purple Dream:

Purple Dream is an Indica-dominant hybrid created by crossing Blue Dream and Purple Punch. As a Purple strain, this hybrid smells distinctly of grapes (and a little blueberry, too). Purple dream boasts a pleasant musty flavor. Additionally—for those with an especially discerning palate—it may taste of flowers, pine, grapes, and blueberries. The powerful head high of this lofty strain tends to induce creativity and euphoria. It may also induce relaxation for those who consume high doses. This strain is commonly sought for its soothing and mood-boosting effects. Fortunately, function and motivation are not lost on this strain as they often are with stronger cultivars. However, high doses may induce sleep, so save this one for evenings or lazy days if possible. Many choose to consume Purple Dream as a means of relaxation and pain mitigation. Additionally, medical marijuana users often use it to relieve discomfort, boost the appetite, and improve the mood. However, like most strains, it may cause cottonmouth, so keep a drink handy when consuming this Indica hybrid. The manicured flowers are forest green with a sprinkling of tiny orange hairs.

The large amber trichomes glimmer when the light catches them, making for amazing bag appeal. Cultivating Purple Dream is easierthan many other strains. This variety is resistant to most pests and diseases, and can be grown indoors or outdoors. It grows best outside with moderate humidity levels and lots of sunshine.

Purple Tahoe:

Purple Tahoe is a flavorful indica hybrid perfect for relaxing after a long day or drifting gracefully to sleep. It is the ideal blend of parents Tahoe OG Kush and Purple Punch. As such, it is a relaxing, enjoyable strain with dessert-like flavors and euphoric experiences. The dense, brightly colored nugs glisten in the light thanks to a sea of sparkling trichomes. An alluring aroma of citrus, berry, earth, and pine are easily detectable and give a hint to the experience ahead. But it is the tantalizing flavor of grapes, herbs, and lemon that ultimately kicks off the high.

This pronounced indica strain will send a wave of numbness across the body within minutes after the first puff. Deep sedation may set in quickly when consuming large amounts of this strain. Though many experience a burst of creativity, it is usually contained within the mind with little outward development. Tahoe OG Kush may be suitable for intimate discussions but rarely leads to in-depth conversations or especially profound thinking. Consumers often choose Tahoe OG Kush to treat chronic pain, insomnia, PMS, nausea, and eating disorders. It is also well-received as a therapeutic aid for mental discomfort. Those with anxiety, depression, PTSD, and ADHD tend to enjoy the effects of this strain.

Yes, I'm leaning on the purple. I've been trying to grow a purple plant over the last couple of grows and thus far I'm zero for purple! I'm going to keep trying until I get one that's not green!

Lastly, the do-over seed.

The Original Glue is at the top of my list. But I have a couple of Mason jars of that one on hand. So I'm going with #2 on the list, Cosmic Lights.

This is one of the first photoperiod plants I grew and it remains one of my favs. It brings a great taste and a wonderful effect. I don't have a lot of info about it, but here's the little that I have:

Cosmic Lights Feminized is a cross between Northern Lights and G13 Hashplant from
Sensi Seeds. She smells of pine and lemony citrus and tastes like it smells.
It apparently likes to grow with a lot of purple hue as well. The indica high is
a creeper, coming up slowly, eventually hitting smokers with a heavy feeling of
total relaxation. Patients look to Cosmic Lights for severe pain, nausea, and
appetite loss. Also, it is good for stress relief and insomnia. It is also good
general relief for PTSD.

Flowering period is 8 to 9 weeks.

This was my go-to strain for quite a while. I grew it in 2020 and it jumped the #1 seed on the list because I only have this much left:
IMG_5249.jpg

And that's only a 16oz Mason jar.

Here is the smoke report I did on that one.

I'll be soaking the seeds perhaps as early as tomorrow in the hope that I'll be harvesting them during the Thanksgiving season. And hopefully I will be giving thanks for a purple plant! :)

BTW, Greenpoint provided pics of the plants I'll be growing:

Purple Tahoe:
1659285709854.png

Purple Dream:
1659285656226.png

I'm sure mine will look just like those pictured! :laughtwo:

I won't try to tag everyone that's been kind enough to follow some of my grows. I know I would leave someone out and that would be regrettable. However, I will reference this grow in my current grow thread.

I hope you'll be able to join me. As usual, I'm looking forward!:Rasta:

Peace.
Hey GDP. :ciao:
Yeaaaa I'm first on the bus.
Hope your having a great day my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hey GDP. :ciao:
Yeaaaa I'm first on the bus.
Hope your having a great day my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks for joining me Bill! Smoking is allowed. :hookah:

Second on the bus and looking forward to the ride. I did the same thing by running my smaller tent and taking a little break. My mrs is enjoying me not running all the grow rooms at the moment.
Thanks for coming Bionic, and congrats on your harvest of some of the most beautiful plants I've laid eyes on!

Slowing down was a win-win for me. I get a somewhat happier spouse and I cut down on all the trips to the basement at weird hours to maintain the plants down there! I have to admit, I needed a break from that routine! :Rasta:

:ciao: I hope you get your Purple this time GDB! 😈
Thanks Boo.

It's funny. I'm still a relatively new grower but back when I was a "really" new grower I tried for my first purple plant (Purple Lemonade auto) and got this:

Purple Lemonade.JPG

And now that I sort of know a bit more about how to go about growing these wonderful plants, I can't get a smidgen of purple out of a purple strain!:Rasta:

Sounds interesting. Im in. I'm going to hang a hammock over by Mel. I'll try to keep out of the way but that's not going to be easy given the size of the hammock. :cool:
Welcome Az and no problem, your relaxation is important to me! :)

I'll be following along, GDB!
I want to see you grow some awesome purple weed :thumb:
Brought a folding chair, since the beanbag and the hammock are already taken..
(Would it kill ya to put a sofa in the back?)

I'll be following along, GDB!
I want to see you grow some awesome purple weed :thumb:
Brought a folding chair, since the beanbag and the hammock are already taken..
(Would it kill ya to put a sofa in the back?)
Thanks for coming MrC! You know I enjoy your company. :Rasta:

If I had known things were going to go this way I would not have invested in seating for the room! :laughtwo:

:ciao:
we advise controlling the size indoors so that it has sufficient space during flowering...
...with your butt!
Tahoe OG Kush may be suitable for intimate discussions but rarely leads to in-depth conversations or especially profound thinking.
:laugh:
It may also induce relaxation for those who consume high doses.
high doses may induce sleep
Deep sedation may set in quickly when consuming large amounts of this strain.
it is good for stress relief and insomnia.
With any luck you won't be posting updates at 2am anymore!

All right! Let's see some purple 💜

Congrats on the new journal, GDB! I love the purple strains, too. However, you might want to try growing them in the cooler seasons as I've been told that's what brings out the colours.

With any luck you won't be posting updates at 2am anymore!
I almost fell asleep reading those excerpts! :laughtwo:
All right! Let's see some purple 💜
Thanks for the cheerleading BudMan!

Give me a "P", give me a "U", give me a "RPLE"! :)
I'm in :popcorn: if you don't mind :cheesygrinsmiley: great selection of strains and nice genetics. I've had some lovely purples in the past mainly due to lower temps in flower but some strains just won't turn no matter what. I I hope you get all the purple :green_heart: :passitleft:
Welcome Gandalf! And thanks for the well wishes! :thanks:
Congrats on the new journal, GDB! I love the purple strains, too. However, you might want to try growing them in the cooler seasons as I've been told that's what brings out the colours.
Thank you HashGirl. And congrats on your JoTM win! :bravo:
And, if push comes to shove, @Bill284 can show you how to make 'em  look purple even if they ain't. :laughtwo:
LMAO! I saw that pic too. I need to see if my camera has a purple setting! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom