GDP x Sour Diesel - 250W HPS in DR60 Tent

Space doesnt look like an issue to me! Thats alot of good looking buds :) But who doesnt want a bigger grow room hehe
I would wait a couple more weeks unitl the hairs starts to retract into calyx and atleast 30% amber!

What are your temps? (u do know that u only check the temp where theres no light, right?)
I really recommend cooltube for us DR60 growers! And you cant really mess up PH in soil if u start with a good base!

FLOWER DAY 63
End of Week 9

It just got hot here the last couple of days and the air going into the tent is like 80-90 degrees during the day. I take temps before the air goes in, in the middle of the tent, and at the top. I have incoming air, at 82 right now, the middle part of the plant under the cannopy is 86, and up in the top corner of the tent above the light and before the air filter is 90 degrees. The humidity is in the 30's right now up there. I am concerned about the plant getting too dried out and crispy. The leaves aren't as green as they used to be and many of the fan leaves are gone too.

So beautiful bro and so many things to learn from this journal because my space and light is almost the same and in the next grow i would like to do something like this but i'm a little "scared" :D
Many questions :p :
- In flower you only use a 250 W HPS light?
- Wich techniques have you apllied during veg, have you LST them?
- You pot , how many gallons ?
-How much time in veg ?
Sorry to bother but i really want to do something like this

In Flower is Just the 250 Watt HPS. During Veg I start off with either T5 or T8 Fluorescent lights and train the plants using a combination of topping/fimming and supercropping/lst techniques. I mostly bend branches and remove extra growth secondary growth sites and smaller new growing branches with then occasionally some leaves if the plant gets too bushy. The main idea is to keep the plant shorter and to branch out so when in flower there are multiple tops. The amount of time to Veg will vary depending on what lights the plants are under. If I keep them under T5/T8 they will not be receiving much light, but if I put them under a metal halide they will grow faster. I generally start a clone from a plant before I put it into flower and then will be slowly growing the clone for the 2 months under the fluorescents. I keep them growing slow with the low amount of light, and keep them in solo cups to start with, then I move them to rootmaker 1 Gal, and from there either a 3 Gal Rootmaker, or just recently a 7 Gallon Rootbuilder II cut to be around 4-5 Gallon size. I'm still experimenting with pots at the moment, but like the rootmakers because the roots can fill up all the medium and you can use smaller pot sizes and less dirt. I wanted to try one plant in this space to see if it is better than growing multiple plants, but keep in mind you will need to veg longer for a bigger plant. I believe for time and space issues it is more efficient to grow 3 or 4 small plants in 3 Gal pots, then to grow one big one in a 5 - 7 Gallon. But if you want to grow big plants instead of smaller plants, you have to get bigger pots. I prefer to have wider and shorter pots when height is an issue so If I grow in this tent again, I will probably go back to the 3 Gal Rootmakers and fill the tent with smaller plants.

Check out Jasa journal
Jassa Goes Organic Again - DR60 - 250W MH/HPS - C99 - NL - WW

Hodder
Hodder's Scrog - MK Ultra - Soil - HPS - Air Pot

So beautiful bro and so many things to learn from this journal because my space and light is almost the same and in the next grow i would like to do something like this but i'm a little "scared" :D
Many questions :p :
- In flower you only use a 250 W HPS light?
- Wich techniques have you apllied during veg, have you LST them?
- You pot , how many gallons ?
-How much time in veg ?
Sorry to bother but i really want to do something like this

I read somewhere that the roots don't really grow much once flowering stage begins. The critical stage for roots is at the very beginning to start the root training in smaller containers. I think its called the 4 inch rule. You can type in google search for 4 inch rule where there is a file called 4inchruleweb.pdf

But if you want to grow big plants instead of smaller plants, you have to get bigger pots. I prefer to have wider and shorter pots when height is an issue so If I grow in this tent again, I will probably go back to the 3 Gal Rootmakers and fill the tent with smaller plants.
Thank you bro for this extra complete answer.
Also that's exelents results with the 250 W HPS .
About the pots and the space and all that, i really want to apply the scrog technique on my small setup and i think that the only chance that I have to do it, is by putting only 1 plant with bigger pots, because i'am a little inexperient with all this and i think that i wont be able to do it with more than one plant, but also veg longer is something that doesn't atract me :p
But is only a matter of experience and time, trys and people like you will help me get it also this journal is a good starting point :D
Once again thank you for the help,it will surely become useful
:goodjob:

3-18-15
Day 65 Flower

20150318_123207.jpg
20150318_123237.jpg
20150318_123249.jpg
20150318_123257.jpg
20150318_123309.jpg

The buds have been trimmed and are drying in the tent. I have air come on and suck out for 20 mins every 3 hours. Kinda like drying and slowly curing at same time I hope. Once they are dry enough I will weigh and put in jars for cure. Give some idea of the harvest at least then. More pics soon.

I thought the buds would be dry enough to put in jars today. I bent some stems and it isn't snapping yet. Squeezed some buds and there is some moisture content still there so I will weigh the buds tomorrow before putting them in jar to start the curing process. The leaves and trim from the manicure I put into a paper grocery bag and moved the leaves around once a day for the past couple days. They are dry and crispy now, and I think I will use them to make some magical butter. I am guessing around 150-200 grams of buds from harvest.

Stems were still bendy but the outside of the buds was nice and crispy so I put them in jars to redistribute the moisture. So will open jars at least once a day or more for drying and curing stage.

So after about 5 days of drying and some stems removed, but still some random seeding, the total weight was a little more than 200 grams. Just as I was estimating on the high end.

Back
Top Bottom