Gelato OG, Alaskan Purple, PineappleExpress#2 & light opinions needed

jodyhighrollr

Hey everybody! I had a lot happen this year and took a break after my last harvest but now life is starting to feel more normal again so I'm about to start my next grow. Any input would be great and if anyone knows grow journals with this strains maybe you could point me in their direction.

My question on lights is if anyone has any experience with quantum boards and if they think changing all my lighting over would be worth it or if I should just stick with HPS?

I ordered through seedsman and it allowed me to use Visa but said my order was cancelled so I went and bought a prepaid mastercard and a made another order. They had gotten my money for my original order so I ended up getting two orders. I ordered Gelato.og and Pineapple express #2 and they gave me 6x free Alaskan Purple and 6x free White widows.

I'm curious if anyone has any experience growing these strains besides the white widow? I'm waiting for them to come in now but really excited about the Gelato and will be saving the Alaskan purple for outdoor next year and probably will be giving my cousin or uncle the white widows. Thanks for any input. - Jodyhighrollr

I grew the Gelat.OG in my tent under my HLG 600H Quantum Board. I sort of rushed it to flowering because I accidentally killed my first attempt (mainline)after 11 weeks of veg. So my Quadline attempt stayed a little short and stout (roughly 16”) and only harvested just over an ounce dried flower, but it turned a lovely lavender purple. That was back at the beginning of July and threw my harvested plant back outside under the sun to see if it would reveg. Sure enough it did and now I’m waiting on my 2nd harvest of the same plant. Once again the buds are going purple on me but a darker purple with cooler night temps in Southern Ontario. Overall it has a nice calming pain relieving effect on me. First time made me pretty tired but since then not as much. I haven’t had it as often as the other 7 strains I grew but I wonder if my outdoor harvest will have different effect

Just before the chop on July 11th
7923244F-7563-4F42-92C1-BA02A123B55E.jpeg

Same plant as of today Sept 22nd, just 2 months later, and flowering once again
C9632861-390F-4DC9-AB03-2E0E1EC94CC4.jpeg

@EhCndGrower Nice!! So now I have a few a questions for you again if you don't mind. Your buds look nice and dense, I have strong interest in quadlining as well. Do you think the gelato reacted well to the training or do you think it might have yielded more if it had been topped and lollipopped or something like that? I really want to get into quantum boards but only really want to make the change if I get close to the same yield. I have pineapple express #2 and I will be quadlining that for sure. Thanks for the input and it will be cool to see your next harvest off that plant :) - jodyhighrollerr

I think my first attempt at growing it, in a mainline attempt, would of been my preferred way at growing it. I also think my harvest would of been a bit higher as well because it was easier to maintain. Think they would of been bigger, thicker, and denser had it survived. I said I would go back to mainlining for my current grow but got lazy and went Quadline again. I think it took to mainlining better too with easier lollipopping to be done and an even grow height wise. I really wish my 2nd grow didn’t go belly up as it was looking amazing. Still have pics of it on my iPad and you can see how lovely everything could of been. The Quantum Board is a bright as hell light compare to 2 Viparspectra 450w lights I started my first grow with. I went to the QB about 4 weeks into flowering. I will admit that the nuggs got tight and solid when they finished for both harvests so far. I’m on the 3000k spectrum but I think the little blue light I got from my Viparspectra lights might of helped a bit more in the vegetative cycle in comparison.
2758DF9A-77E5-4A31-9104-1E6AA0CAD377.jpeg
98E3DC65-4B9C-428A-91F1-4E18B4652732.jpeg

I have switched to all Quantom boards built all myself. Very easy. I also have bought two to led lights,but can’t mention the name on here,because they don’t sponsor . But only way to go. Run all four 1500 watt and fans and blower and bill only went up 100 bucks a month

Back
Top Bottom