General consensus on when Week 1 actually starts?

Latitude17

In my quest for "doing it right" to know when to start my nutrient feeding properly, I am reading a lot of posts and this is fairly inconsistent. The best explanation I have found so far is:

Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings)

So basically when your sproutling looks like this?

017-day-7-lui-seedling.jpg

Or wait until the cotelydons have fallen off completely?

:Namaste:

If they in soil most folks wait 2-3 weeks before starting nutrients as some stored in seed and some in soil (unless it is clay soil out of your backyard), soiless mediums different. IMHO not enough nutrients is better than too much, as too much can get ugly in a hurry, so I always start with a lighter dose than what the nutrient company table says, as each strain a bit different and not enough is easier to fix than too much.

If they in soil most folks wait 2-3 weeks before starting nutrients as some stored in seed and some in soil (unless it is clay soil out of your backyard), soiless mediums different.

Thanks for the response! By 2-3 weeks, what does the typical plant look like? 3rd set of leaves? More?

IMHO not enough nutrients is better than too much, as too much can get ugly in a hurry, so I always start with a lighter dose than what the nutrient company table says, as each strain a bit different and not enough is easier to fix than too much.

My question is more on the timing of when to start altogether. From the time the seed pops the cotelydons out of the growing medium until ________ days/weeks? I've read 6 days, 1 week, 10 days, 12 days, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and some people have even said to start a light nute dosing as soon as they seen green popping out of the growing medium.

There are plenty of excellent grow journals on here starting at "Week 1". I just want to know what/when "Week 1" really is. :thedoubletake:

Does that make sense?

Germination for a week then seedling for a week and finally week 1. Give plants 1/4 strength nutes in the seedling week on your second feeding. Then after follow directions on nutes

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Germination for a week then seedling for a week and finally week 1. Give plants 1/4 strength nutes in the seedling week on your second feeding. Then after follow directions on nutes

Thanks! So just to be painfully clear this would technically be "Week 1" on calendar week 3?

Any opinion on the physical state of the plant? Sets of leaves, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Germination is 10 days. Then it veges for 2 weeks, then you flower 8 weeks. depending on what your plans are. But week one is in the germination stage. If you look at it any other then that your gona get confused. Week 1 of flowering is different the week 1 of vegging. A plant has 3 stages so you can have week one for each stage.

I just popped some GSC ,WW Seeds I put them in double solo cups until they are ready to transplant. After I transplant I watch for stress and then start counting veg. Weeks

Same with clones. Once they pop roots I transplant into double solo cups wait til the roots have descent structure and transplant to final container. Then I start counting veg. Weeks.

Well a lot has to do with the medium you use too. I know the Fox Farm Ocean is usually too hot for seedlings and clones which is why I usually get the Happy Frog. I then gave it a week after seed broke the soil before i started using half strength fox farm and wholly mackarel

"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro"
Hunter S. Thompson

Nice the only reason i use the Happy Frog is because I was starting autos and they are a bit sensative.

"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro"
Hunter S. Thompson

I start Week 1 as soon as I see the planted seed pop it's head out of the ground. So, Day 1 of Week 1 is when I first see green out of the soil.

One other thing to consider is that a cannabis plant is "ready" as soon as it starts to "fruit"...i.e., when ANY of the buds are ready to use--even though you'd prefer to wait until the whole plant is ready. Think of an tomato plant--one tomato will be ready to eat while some of the others on the same plant will have to wait longer before harvest. So, if a seed company says "10-weeks seed to harvest" it doesn't mean it'll be necessarily be totally ready---some of the buds will but not all.

Back
Top Bottom