General Hydroponics Flora Trio

Icemann420

Welcome my 420 family to my General hydroponics flora trio product review. At first glance General hydroponics is it your run-of-the-mill nutrient supplier they have an astronomical amount of product lines to suit every individuals needs from organic to a expert lineup. General hydroponics is there for you I have grown seven plants using the General hydroponics floora trio. Using micro grow and bloom with the added Cal-mag. For the basic General hydroponics nutrients not the expert lineup utilizes select extra chemicals. With the complete lineup in the expert series you cannot go wrong I feel that the armor SI is an Necessity evening running in the basic trio I’ll as it to the mix.

Over all I’m happy with the general hydroponic product line up. And I believe you would be also

Over all I’m happy with the general hydroponic product line up. And I believe you would be also

I used to love General Hydroponics' products, especially their three-part Flora series. Company started by a guy that was literally a rocket scientist in the '70s (worked in the industry, at least). Was growing his own, mixing up his own nutrients (from their components, not a couple of "Hydroponics Nutrients™" jugs), and his buddy told him he ought to start selling them to other people. Went from a scientist mixing nutrients in his spare time to (eventually) selling them to NASA for use in orbit, lol. Clean and stable nutrients. Between the base and the supplements, one has the ability to tailor one's feeding to just about any plant in existence (cannabis or otherwise). Probably did more to introduce the world of cannabis growers to the concept of hydroponics than any other entity.

Fast foward, lo these many years... and the founder / former owner of General Hydroponics sold the company to... The Scotts Miracle-Gro monster. Someone was kind enough to give me a set of their three-part this year, and I have some (old) bottles of supplements from past purchases. So I'll continue to use the products until my current supply is gone. But I doubt I'll ever buy any more, and have real trouble recommending anyone else do so; I don't believe in feeding the monsters. This particular one has been (and continues) to buy up companies that have been big names in the hydroponics/cannabis industry. Which should have even those who don't care who ends up being their "masters" - S-MG has been caught knowingly selling bird feed that was full of... bird poison. It's also in bed with other huge entities that are less than friendly to the human race, like Monsanto.

Is the Hawthorne Gardening Company a Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing for the Cannabis Industry? - CULTURE | MERRY JANE

General advice time: Before buying a product (any product), ask yourself this: Who profits from my custom?

I've kind of been a fan of Osmocote Plus controlled-release fertilizer, too - and they bought that company.

1993 - Bought the Grace-Sierra Horticultural Products Company (Osmocote, Metro-Mix, Banrot, Peters, etc.).
1988 - Bought Hyponex (the largest producer and marketer of organic growing media products in the US).
1997 - Bought Levington Horticulture Ltd. (the U.K.'s leading producer of consumer and professional lawn fertilizer, organics and horticultural products).
1998 - Bought EarthGro, Inc.
1998 - Bought 80% of plant breeding company Sanford Scientific, Inc.
1998 - Bought Rhône-Poulenc Jardin (continental Europe's largest consumer lawn and garden products company).
1998 - Scotts MG entered into a collaboration with the Monsanto Company ("...Under the agreement, Scotts and Monsanto agreed to share technologies, including Monsanto's extensive genetic library of plant traits and Scotts' proprietary gene gun technology...").
1999 - Closer ties with Monsanto (Roundup, Ortho, et cetera).
2005 - Bought Morning Song birdfood brand (...and procedes to kills massive amounts of birds over the next three years or so).
2015 - Realized that some people don't like the name Scotts Miracle-Gro (for some reason:rolleyes: ) and decided to form Hawthorne Gardening Company shell company in hopes of obfuscating the real ownership of its purchases.
2015 - Bought General Hydroponics.
2015 - Bought VermiCorp Organics.
2016 - Bought Gavita Horticultural Lighting.
2016 - Bought American Agritech (aka Botanicare).
2017 - Bought Can-Filters (Canadian carbon filter and fan company).
2018 - Bought Sunlight Supply, Inc.

I skipped several, BtW.

@TorturedSoul thanks for your input. But I was reviewing a product not the company. Let me ask you this does the product work as it should. Is the product not fairly prices. Is the product Assessable yes. All answers are yes. The general hydroponic flora treo works and works really welll. Now if I was reviewing the company then your opinions would b spot on. General general has no support for the medical marijuana community. But the benefits from our community are astronomical.

<SHRUGS> That logic would see me buying from the local fence, since his products were probably just as good as the ones in the local stores, and undeniably cheaper, too. And Hitler's concentration camps did help add to the medical(/medicinal) knowledge - so in your eyes, they were okay, too, then?

You keep buying from them corporations. We'll keep... dying from them corporations.

Wow you make me regret even posting thanks for killing my 420 magazine review of a product. Do what u do. And do it well just some where else please

I apologize.

...for not being able to get through to ya. Usually, whether someone agrees with me or not, I can at least manage to get them to think about what I post. Unless I'm making a statement about Apple to an iPhone user (sometimes they act all butt-hurt - or say, "Yeah, you're right - but I don't care, because I got a great phone." Or try suggesting to Mom that she should no longer be driving. But, FANatics and little old ladies in the pre-dementia stage aside... yeah.

I posted because I thought you might be unaware of where your money was going. Now, knowing that it's more that you just don't care where your money is going... Well, other people read these threads, too - so I'd have still posted.

@TorturedSoul I just did a review on a grow light also. Do u wanna stop over and botch that one to.

Is it a Gavita, lol? No, I probably won't bother. I'll spend the time doing something more likely to give useful results - like yelling at a brick wall to move.

I’m 100% aware of all the wrong doing of general hydroponic I bought gallons of the stuff 2 years ago . I have to use it. But there products work. Who’s worse the guy that bought it or the guy that buys it just to throw it away. They have no customer service what so ever. Yet there dirty fingers are in everything. I believe any individual that had done proper research knows how dirty the company is. But there products work all said and done. They work dam well just to bad they don’t support our community.

I apologize.

I posted because I thought you might be unaware of where your money was going. Now, knowing that it's more that you just don't care where your money is going... Well, other people read these threads, too - so I'd have still posted.

I get why the OP got a little upset but to me this is valuable information for the same reason that it matters to you and quite frankly I had no idea of the history there.

My intention isn't to piss anyone off. I'm not the best at... Well, I never claimed to be a "people person," lol.

But there products work.

No argument there. I used their products for years. Got some in the cupboard now, and I'll use them up and/or share them with a friend or two. Doing otherwise would be pointless, because the corporation has already received its profit from the original purchases by myself and the person who gave the rest to me. When I saw a report of a bunch of mental midgets getting mad at the French government(?) and trying to demonstrate their ire by purchasing bottles of French wine and then pouring it out, I just shook my head. I guess they were unable to comprehend the fact that those who were involved in the Boston Tea Party didn't purchase the stuff that they threw overboard after climbing aboard the ships, lol.

It's just...

to me this is valuable information for the same reason that it matters to you and quite frankly I had no idea of the history there.

THAT. Most people don't walk around with the knowledge that many corporations are owned by other corporations forefront in their mind and, therefore, don't automatically ask themselves, "Which entity ultimately profits from my purchase? And what is that entity doing with those profits?"

I'll apologize again. And this time it's for being an @sshole.

On the other hand, if I post something that p!sses 100 people off - but causes one of them to begin thinking about stuff like this... Well, that's acceptable, I suppose.

I used to love General Hydroponics' products, especially their three-part Flora series. Company started by a guy that was literally a rocket scientist in the '70s (worked in the industry, at least). Was growing his own, mixing up his own nutrients (from their components, not a couple of "Hydroponics Nutrients™" jugs), and his buddy told him he ought to start selling them to other people. Went from a scientist mixing nutrients in his spare time to (eventually) selling them to NASA for use in orbit, lol. Clean and stable nutrients. Between the base and the supplements, one has the ability to tailor one's feeding to just about any plant in existence (cannabis or otherwise). Probably did more to introduce the world of cannabis growers to the concept of hydroponics than any other entity.

Fast foward, lo these many years... and the founder / former owner of General Hydroponics sold the company to... The Scotts Miracle-Gro monster. Someone was kind enough to give me a set of their three-part this year, and I have some (old) bottles of supplements from past purchases. So I'll continue to use the products until my current supply is gone. But I doubt I'll ever buy any more, and have real trouble recommending anyone else do so; I don't believe in feeding the monsters. This particular one has been (and continues) to buy up companies that have been big names in the hydroponics/cannabis industry. Which should have even those who don't care who ends up being their "masters" - S-MG has been caught knowingly selling bird feed that was full of... bird poison. It's also in bed with other huge entities that are less than friendly to the human race, like Monsanto.

Is the Hawthorne Gardening Company a Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing for the Cannabis Industry? - CULTURE | MERRY JANE

General advice time: Before buying a product (any product), ask yourself this: Who profits from my custom?

I've kind of been a fan of Osmocote Plus controlled-release fertilizer, too - and they bought that company.

1993 - Bought the Grace-Sierra Horticultural Products Company (Osmocote, Metro-Mix, Banrot, Peters, etc.).
1988 - Bought Hyponex (the largest producer and marketer of organic growing media products in the US).
1997 - Bought Levington Horticulture Ltd. (the U.K.'s leading producer of consumer and professional lawn fertilizer, organics and horticultural products).
1998 - Bought Rhône-Poulenc Jardin (continental Europe's largest consumer lawn and garden products company).
1998 - Scotts MG entered into a collaboration with the Monsanto Company ("...Under the agreement, Scotts and Monsanto agreed to share technologies, including Monsanto's extensive genetic library of plant traits and Scotts' proprietary gene gun technology...").
2005 - Bought Morning Song birdfood brand (...and procedes to kills massive amounts of birds over the next three years or so).
2015 - Realized that some people don't like the name Scotts Miracle-Gro (for some reason:rolleyes: ) and decided to form Hawthorne Gardening Company shell company in hopes of obfuscating the real ownership of its purchases.

I skipped several, BtW.
I am in the same boat as you Iceman420. I think what Scotts and Monsonto did is just another case of the 1%ers greed. Especially when the son of the president of Scotts is the president of Hawthorne Gardening. Each of the hydroponics businesses within Hawthorne — including General Hydroponics, Gavita and AeroGrow — had double-digit sales growth in the quarter, bringing the hydroponics portfolio’s quarterly sales growth to 22 percent and fiscal year-to-date sales growth to 13 percent, Hagedorn said. And they were quoted saying "We will spend a half billion if we need to , to controll the marajauna industry in the US. and if there is anyone that wants to take us on, Lets do it." And from Public records they have spent more than $750k so far. There are a few companies that are not on your list.

I skipped several, BtW.

So what your saying is........LONG LIVE CAPITALISM!!!!!!

Gotta love those savings.

(House and garden out of holland has the best nutes on the planet for cannabis (canna was started by one of the original owners of house and garden and also has good nutes)
But the house and garden line is so fucking expensive it's why I stick with tried, tested and true GH)

I feed half strength flora series 3 part nutes and my girls love it.
Never had a deficiency or a lockout yet.
(Yes the girls are short I only have 25" plant heigh to work with from canopy to lights)

BANNANA KUSH, JACKS GIRL, CHRONIC WIDOW, SWEET ZOMBIE love their flora series.

(Day 1 of the 3rd week since 12/12)

received_464448471100423.jpeg

I also use this schedule with awsome results.
Drain-to-Waste-Nutrient-Schedule-custom.jpg

I grow in PROMIX HP and run an alternating ph going in from 5.9-6.2 throughout the grow.
I flush every 20 days with with triple my pot size of fresh RO water and the second after i flush i empty all the runoff then immediately run my half strength nutes again and call it a day My girls always happy.

As seen on GH website if using calmag mix nutes in this order

CALMAG
MICRO
GROW
BLOOM

And if using silica, then add nutes in this order

ARMOR SI
CALMAG
MICRO
GROW
BLOOM
so u dont lock out anything

Welcome my 420 family to my General hydroponics flora trio product review. At first glance General hydroponics is it your run-of-the-mill nutrient supplier they have an astronomical amount of product lines to suit every individuals needs from organic to a expert lineup. General hydroponics is there for you I have grown seven plants using the General hydroponics floora trio. Using micro grow and bloom with the added Cal-mag. For the basic General hydroponics nutrients not the expert lineup utilizes select extra chemicals. With the complete lineup in the expert series you cannot go wrong I feel that the armor SI is an Necessity evening running in the basic trio I’ll as it to the mix.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BRUH those plants look fuego. Thanks for the nice write up on the nute line we all know and love. People always getting politcal and shit. Dont sweat it. Always gonna be someone trying to find a problem with a sunny day........is what it is and wuz what it wuz

Wow you make me regret even posting thanks for killing my 420 magazine review of a product. Do what u do. And do it well just some where else please
well said, I've seen Nebula Haze pull over a pound under a 315W LEH (8 pots mainlined in a 2 x 4 tent) with the base 3 and cal mag. Grow with what works for you and enjoy doing it.

@TorturedSoul thanks for your input. But I was reviewing a product not the company. Let me ask you this does the product work as it should. Is the product not fairly prices. Is the product Assessable yes. All answers are yes. The general hydroponic flora treo works and works really welll. Now if I was reviewing the company then your opinions would b spot on. General general has no support for the medical marijuana community. But the benefits from our community are astronomical.

Im using the coco series and im so happy with the plantz that are on it im trying to uae it to fix mild deficiencies with my girls that are potted ina soil mix and thanks for the useful charts and feeding info. Very useful for a newbie like me. Many thanks

Im using the coco series and im so happy with the plantz that are on it im trying to uae it to fix mild deficiencies with my girls that are potted ina soil mix and thanks for the useful charts and feeding info. Very useful for a newbie like me. Many thanks
Don't get discouraged by the inevitable meanness from those who are 'brand possessed' on these forums. It will happen. General Jackassery seems to be a condition of signing up to post. lol I like all kinds of different nutrient companies. I'm happy with my first run of GH in pro-mix HP. I'm running full strength with no issues. I tried the half strength chart and it was not enough for my hungry-ass white widows while running CO². lol. My suggestion with GH is to watch the ppm, it's pretty hot. I've run Fox, Remo, Biotabs (AWESOME EASY AUTO FOOD), Advanced Nutients, Emerald Harvest, and CCH²O nutrients. None have disappointed me. Being a noob sucks for all of us who were there. Learning to see what leaves and stems are telling you is a learning curve for sure. But keep growing and it'll become second nature. Then you can learn to push them to max production and quality and you'll realize the headache was totally worth it. Stay safe, stay healthy, and ALWAYS Happy Growing.

Yes. I said it was a requirement. I do feel that every time I say anything, regardless how nice it is, or how helpful it is, someone has to attack me...or tell me exactly how wrong I am. Usually someone who wasn't even born when I started my horticultural hobbies. So, after being insulted and treated like shit because I'm not a 20 year veteran on the site, I feel it is perfectly acceptable to get a few jabs in. There is no "snarkiness", just a blatant piece of information for a person fairly new to the forums so they just get how it goes on them. I've been a grower for 25 years and get treated like I'm some 20 year old kid with a CFL in the closet on every single one of these forums because I've only been on them for like a year and my time on the forum apparently dictates how much experience I have.

Easy my green friends! My comments are not here to cause any dissension. Its my first experience and I am glad some one did a bit of the work for me this time. I want to learn and grow more. Ultimately though. I do not think anyone can know. Knowing itself is a form of ignorance its an idea that thinks it doesnt need to learn anymore... and thats never the best idea. Im really happy and open to all the information on this forum, the critical view points also. Im here to learn. Thank you guys. Have rad pipes this weekend . :cheer:

Life was so much easier before everything was so "woke". I've used this product for over 15 years and it hasn't harmed me yet. I've been sticking seeds in dirt since before a lot of you were born, but according to what I read, I was damn lucky I harvested anything... I was once told, if you can grow pepper plants, you can grow weed. Guess I'm lucky.

Back
Top Bottom