General Organics

possibly the closest thing to 'organic' you can find for hydro... I wouldn't know. As my name suggests I stick to soil, but for anyone who stumbles in here in the future I just have to say, I used GO nutes for an outdoor soil grow, and next to a simple 1 part aeration, 1 part peat moss, 1 part aeration mix, with a little compost thrown on top (and only watered with clean rainwater), the GO nutes made for one big sloppy mess. On the plants I used GO nutes (to varying degrees) - I noticed secretions of sticky molasses-like goo from the leaves, probably forced uptake because of the mix of uptake acids and chelates and sugary goop, which couldn't be utilized, so it was respirated out in little bubbles from my cannabis leaves, which attracted gnats and flies. not to mention how annoying it is to mix all these bottles of nutes every watering or so... now the other plants I did with no GO nutes? They did great! It clearly was the GO nutes.

If you're a soil grower and you're serious about organics. There's easier, cheaper, more effective (and much less infuriating!) ways to grow than General Organics. If you need help finding those ways, please PM me, I'd love to save you the frustration and trial/error. Also - if anyone wants to buy an unused GO box :rofl:, despite my sales pitch, please do hit me up I'd love to get my money back and put it towards my soil. heck I'll throw in the opened bottles I have from the first box for free!

No offense JJ Bones - I know you've got GO boxes to sell. I do too. ;) just being real.

SoilGirl: I'm sorry to hear you had so many problems with the GO nutes. but is there maybe a chance you did something wrong in the mixing or perhaps the ground you were growing in already had a surplus of minerals, because I have been using the GO line of nutes for the last couple grows and I have to say they have worked 100% perfect with none of the "secretions of sticky molasses-like goo" like you said. So I have to wonder if maybe there was something else going on you weren't aware of.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with GO organics SoilGirl.

GrowHydro1454, if your name suggests that you will be using this in a hydroponic setup then I'm not sure how well this will work and have no experience. I did use GO lineup with Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and my plants were really happy and loved it. I used RO water and never ph'd anything. No foliar feed or nothing and plants turned out great.

Thanks AllSmiles, its okay, I've found the 'light' :)

and Ascended, for the worst affected, yes I was pH'ing as directed by a non organic grower here. I hadn't learned the ropes of real organics yet so I went right ahead and pH'ed. By the way I wasn't growing in the ground, I was in pots. But anyways, I had other plants in the same soil mix that didn't get pH'ed, and got fed GO's, and the next day after feeding there would be those little molasses bubbles. The other plants in the same mix but not fed GO's, only top dressings of azomite, yum yum mix, and guanos, did much better, and never got those weird respirations.

- yeah maybe this is just me, but I don't think its an isolated experience. Lots of organic growers just plain hate pre-bottled nutrients and its because you can screw them up, if they aren't already screwed up for you when you get them.

I (and many others) call it force feeding when you are on a bottles/watering regimen because well, if you're force feeding your plant in organic soil... Something's wrong. Organic soil feeds plants by itself, by breaking down minerals, nutrients and organic matter, cooperating with microbe life. This is how plants in the wild are naturally nourished. Organics, are meant to be natural. Correct?

Now the problem we face as organic soil growers is how to provide as much nourishment as a natural environment where cannabis might thrive. So we add things like kelp meal or azomite or neem cake to the soil to help diversify our plant's natural environment, taking it upon ourselves to act as a catalyst for that environment. This way, the soil cares for the plant with natural processes. Dumping in bottles instead, is about as natural a process as growing in miracle gro... that's where you cross the line from helping nudge your soil in the right direction, to completely manhandling it.

The process being organic is just as important as the ingredients being organic.

good organic living soil, which you can recycle, is really really hard to screw up... and I can't imagine ever wanting to pay all that $$ for bottles and hassle again, when you're a soil grower all of that's unnecessary... its upsetting to see other organics-hopefuls being led down the disappointing bottled path. Bottles work for hydro just fine. But why use them in soil... soil is natural, hydro isn't.

There's my schtick. :laughtwo: sorry if it ruffles your feathers. I just hope it helps someone out in their organic cannabis growing endeavors. :Namaste: my offer still goes... want a GO box? Hit me up... I'll give them cheaper than any store lol...

Thanks for the nice breakdown into organics SoilGirl. Very informative and totally makes sense. I've read COorganics how to get started growing organically indoors and am following a few growers using Doc Buds HB kit. Very good info. I do plan on going "true" organic sometime however the success I have with GO may delay this some. Throw them nutes my way girl :)

I hope you didn't take my post as being directed towards you in anyway. I was just giving my take of GO for the original poster of this thread on my experience with it and how it worked for me. I just stumbled on this post browsing the organics section looking for answers to a humus tea I made that is acidic (ph 5.2) and if its ok to use. Didn't really find my answer but I just fed and foliar fed it to my girls this morning. Hopefully they survive.
:peace:

I followed the box instructions and read the fine print at the bottom and never had any problems! Read it for yourself and see if you missed what it says about going over the recommended ammount!
20150603_020208.jpg

Back
Top Bottom