Genetics Stress Hermies Oh My

Botani

Strain - C99
Breeder - Brothers Grimm
Seed Type - Regular
Grow Medium - RDWC Hydro
Lighting - 3000 Watts HPS (3x - 1000 watt)
Grow Type - Scrog

I germinated a C99 seed from brothers grimm and vegged it until it was big enough to cut a clone and do a test flower to be sexed. Turned out to be female. Went ahead and cut 8 clones to put in my 8 site hydro system. Vegged for about 2 weeks then flipped the lights to 12 12 and right now i am currently in week 5 since the switch and i noticed 2-3 nanners on 1 of the plants and then another single nanner on 3 other plants. 4 out of the 8 plants had 1-2-3 nanners on them in total.

Please note that during week 3 i did a huge pruning of any fan leaves that were excessively in the way and any small bud site / smaller shoots that didnt make it above the scrog net.

I believe that this is the reason i got the nanners. This is something that i have done in the past to well over 20 different strains and did not have any issues such has hermies etc.. but not all strains are alike. I think i already know the answer to my own question but its always nice to have reassurance about it and my question is.....

? - If i choose to take more clones off the c99 mother i kept for another grow after this one will all the clones develop nanners or should they be ok as long as i dont prune in flower next time?

- things to note only 4 of the 8 plants all from the same mother developed nanners and of those 4 plants 3 only have 1 single nanner on each and the 4th had 3 nanners.

this plant is beyond beautiful and is the rotten meat / pineapple smelling phenotype that everyone only dreams to find.

thanks for any help

If I open a sack and smell rotted meat, I'm taking it back and demanding a refund. But, to answer your question, yes.

I’m new to growing and I believe hermaphroditism is just genetic. If it’s born hermie it’s Hermie.
might appear female, then introducing stress, triggers some event that makes the plant express it’s male genes more profoundly.
my newbie Thoughts on the matter as I grew a hermie last grow that did something similar 8 weeks into flower. At 12 weeks there were many a stealth manner.

2 new seeds with totally different genetics.
In flower. No signs of hermies. (So far)As I am paranoid as my first two hydro girls went hermie in late flower lol.
But these two plants no signs of hermies so far. Hope it stays that way.

Back
Top Bottom