Genetics

OlderStoner

In 2013 I ordered some seeds from a supplier in the UK. They were "White Widow" strain and they grew beautiful, thick, frosty buds which had a very strong smell and gave a great buzz. A year or so later I repeated this and got some males and made some seeds. Then I ordered some seeds of other strains and kind of lost track of who, what, when, where. So after getting seeds from each successive generation I have a nice collection as well as some growing experience.

My observation is that over time, the potency of the plants has diminished noticeably. So my question is this natural or could I get the sticky buds the great-grand parents of these plants produced. Some genetics guy I once listened to always said that if left to their own, all cannabis plants will revert to the low THC content and be used mainly for producing fiber for rope and textiles.

In 2013 I ordered some seeds from a supplier in the UK. They were "White Widow" strain and they grew beautiful, thick, frosty buds which had a very strong smell and gave a great buzz. A year or so later I repeated this and got some males and made some seeds. Then I ordered some seeds of other strains and kind of lost track of who, what, when, where. So after getting seeds from each successive generation I have a nice collection as well as some growing experience.

My observation is that over time, the potency of the plants has diminished noticeably. So my question is this natural or could I get the sticky buds the great-grand parents of these plants produced. Some genetics guy I once listened to always said that if left to their own, all cannabis plants will revert to the low THC content and be used mainly for producing fiber for rope and textiles.
just have to plant a shit load and pick the best, strongest, ect plants and repeat it 3x's to bring back the original strain breed

I cannot see how that is true cannabis has been around for hundreds of thousands of years and still has very distinct cultivars to say they would all revert to hemp like cannabis is simply untrue being that would have already happened but new science shows it has been psychoactive for all this time along with the non psychoactive hemp variety. Most likely your plants seems less potent because your tolerance is higher now than it was then.

My observation is that over time, the potency of the plants has diminished noticeably.

what plants exactly?

do you mean that all your crossing and breeding and labour pains has produced low quality bud?

or ,, what?? :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom