Oldude66

This seems like a good place to simply speak up. The setup - 11 x 15 room - 3 growing areas - the greening area is lit by LEDs, the sprouting is florescent and the flowering is sodium. I've smoked for nearly 60yrs now. This is the first time I've accepted that such behavior as a stand.

My hope and the direction I am operating out of is "find, fun and repeat". Find people that move and operate in a similar manner and for purposes I can share. To extend those contacts into activities where smiles and joy abound. Then to repeat the process within a newer and larger arena.

Welcome aboard .... I've been smoking about 40 years myself ... sounds like you've got a pretty nice set-up ... :bongrip:

It's nice of you to extend such a warm greeting. What's your growing setup?

Nothing special, just a doz. 40/200 daylight CFL bulbs in a couple of closets ... CFLs have made the fun of growing available to everyone, just depends on how much space you have ... Yesterday I planted Blue Mystic autos and Northern Lights, both from Nirvana. Still waiting for them to 'POP'... :bongrip:

First time using Lamberts Organic Potting soil from Home Depot ... pretty nice soil especially when amended w/ plenty of Perlite ... I hope to start a journal after they sprout. :bongrip:

The truth about the room I'm using is it requires a lot of infrastructure work done to it: light fixtures installed, strong air exhaust, water disposal, wall covering and room separation, all this before I plant a single seed. It's not like this will make money or something.

My hope is to explore growing lots of different plants - food, spices, and of course smoking material. It seems to me that the time is right.

Welcome I am new here also been puffin over 30 years ( I know i'm a youngster) look forward to sharing stories with you and everyone here.

Welcome I am new here also been puffin over 30 years ( I know i'm a youngster) look forward to sharing stories with you and everyone here.

What brings you here - what's ur setup and ambition?

The truth about the room I'm using is it requires a lot of infrastructure work done to it: light fixtures installed, strong air exhaust, water disposal, wall covering and room separation, all this before I plant a single seed. It's not like this will make money or something.

My hope is to explore growing lots of different plants - food, spices, and of course smoking material. It seems to me that the time is right.

Might be good to start slow and considering you're looking at growing veggies too perhaps an auto-flower form of MJ would work well for you. I know if I had more room I'd have a tomato plant and a couple peppers going along w/ the weed ... :bongrip:

That's what I am doing - starting with several af and a couple others with about the same timing to harvest properties. I'm considering which plants I will also grow. Right now I'm thinking Calea zacatechichi (Dream Herb Leaf of God) and several others. Not all as exotic, like tomatoes and kiwi.

I've been thinking about using the "growing journal" but not sure I'm up to all that and the work, too. What are you up to?

Right now I am mostly outside had a late start but was able to put out some Master Kush one Pineapple express and a few Purple gas,My goal is to grow enough so I do not have to buy.

Been a strange day, I finally purchased some new equipment today. I wish, on some level, I was handy - as in able to build stuff, but alas, I had to spend $$ to continue with my setup. I do have question for someone who knows about LEDs. I've made the decision to use LEDs, thinking that long term cost are lower with them over other types. The problem I have is whether to chose the 1 amp or 3 amp bulb.

It appears that even within the overall LEDs the 3s are twice as expensive as the 1s. I have read somewhere that 1s even when doubled don't give off the lumens that 3s do. Where's when I would like to get some advice from someone with experience.

Anybody?

Just finished moved my seedlings from propgration to hydro system.

I've a few questions

Can a bent stem be saved - how?
Propgration in a tray seems tenious - what's the best way with to grow from seeds?

Any ideas?

Knowledge is not for understanding, but rather for cutting.

ChesterC said:
Please let us know how you like them ... :bongrip:

I've been considering a pair to light up a couple grow spaces I have ... :bongrip:

I bought a pair - the Drom folk very easy to work with

Knowledge is not for understanding, but rather for cutting.

The plus to a journal is you get a lot of experienced advice. Too much work for me too. What AF did you choose and from which source ? I've got five of Nirvana's Blue mystic that just entered their third week. They are seriously stunted due to pilot error. I've got 1 Northern Light from Nirvana that's not doing much better so it's not an AF thing. A bent stem can be saved especially if it's not split ... There are several excellent videos on Youtube on how to grow autoflowering weed, plus several forums dedicated to growing AF weed. I use soil so I plant my autos directly into the pot that they will be grown in. I have an LED on it's way. Should be here next week. Hopefully it will give all my stunted girls a kick in the ass since they are supposed to begin flowering in about 10 days.

My Blue Mystic from Nirvana @ 14 days ... about 1/4 the size they should be.
Happily they've more than doubled in size in the past week :bongrip:

7_6g.JPG

7_6d.JPG

7_6b.JPG

Back
Top Bottom