GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you bypass the organic feeding cycle with readily available nutes, you are feeding the plants and they and the microbes have no say in the matter. Now it's a bottle fed grow and not an organic one

yes i agree.

geo seems more like a mix of readily available and slower release through microbial action. it's usable in coco which means it has to have a pile good to go from the start. coco's constant water approach makes me curious how it supports the microbes. coco is far closer to a bottle fed media.

edit : which all leads me to believe i'm looking at some type of hybrid.

I am sure that Shed is innocent of any harmful intent but I also felt a need to redirect the conversation that was misunderstanding both microbes and a sponsors product that I have used long enough to know basically how it works. We started down that geoflora rabbit hole with Shed's comment, so I started there with my rebuttal... this too is how we learn.
Fair enough. I just thought you came on a bit strong, especially since I don't feel there was any mal-intent.

Apparently GF has a very large amount of microbes that are time released with every watering and coco probably gets a slow trickle of them constantly. I was told that so many of them came in with every watering that I could ignore chlorine.
Is it possible to still have an organic grow with top-fed organic nutrients that don't have built-in microbes? Or does it need those to make it organic vs bottle-fed? I'm not clear on how to tell where to apply the term "organic grow."

Apparently GF has a very large amount of microbes that are time released with every watering and coco probably gets a slow trickle of them constantly. I was told that so many of them came in with every watering that I could ignore chlorine.

i'm not absolutely solid on how they do that with coco.. if it's a dress and water in you're gonna wash most of your nutes through. which points to being back at some type of fed every water system. slow release and microbe are not real compatible with a constant water system.

i totally understand their system in hp or other bucket media.

Okay so you don’t trust peer reviewed articles found in scientific journals because YouTube is wrong all the time? I guess this is where I exit this discussion.
Science evolves all the time and since Geoflora is a new product, logic informs us that their scientists built on others work and through hard work and innovation they came up with something new! I want to hear from them because apparently your peer reviewed information is a bit out of date.

Science evolves all the time and since Geoflora is a new product, logic informs us that their scientists built on others work and through hard work and innovation they came up with something new! I want to hear from them because apparently your peer reviewed information is a bit out of date.
That makes sense, considering you know what the source is and when it was written.

Is it possible to still have an organic grow with top-fed organic nutrients that don't have built-in microbes? Or does it need those to make it organic vs bottle-fed? I'm not clear on how to tell where to apply the term "organic grow."
No. If the microbes and the plants are not working together, with the plants making all the decisions and the microbes feeding the plants, it's not an organic grow

Probably need a better or at least different definition of organic. Maybe "microbe driven" or something.

Feeding all organic inputs is different from feeding with salt based, but that doesn't necessarily have to include microbes.

Microbes may be preferred in that nutrients are delivered as requested, but feeding all organic inputs and saying that it's not an organic grow seems like a definition exercise.

Is it possible to still have an organic grow with top-fed organic nutrients that don't have built-in microbes?

there's the crux.

Or does it need those to make it organic vs bottle-fed? I'm not clear on how to tell where to apply the term "organic grow."

europe in particular seems loaded with 'organic' bottle nutes that make the claim or strongly suggest it means you grow organically.

you just have to look at the faq to see how many folk struggle with those systems.
in the market all organic means is organically derived sources. it either grew itself or shit to make it in the bag.

it's the same standard the 'organic' bottle nutes adhere to.

geo fits that bill aside from the azomite. that's the only mined product.

for the record it doesn't look to me that geo is claiming you grow organically with their system. only that the ingredients are organically derived.

everything i pull from their lit is carefully worded. and that makes sense.

when is see things that say "buy our stuff and grow organically" - i automatically understand the two things are separate. "grow organically" is a totally separate approach and activity from "buy our stuff" . one does not need the other to exist.

all i know for sure is i'm sitting on a pile of hp and hope it gets the certification to be able to sell here. which is another thing i wonder about. organics generally are a rubber stamp here. wonder why it can't get certed.

I watched a Dian Fossey special on the Nat Geo channel about a year ago. This discussion is reminding me of those gorillas pounding on their chests. :rolleyes: But through all that the troop of gorillas were tightly knit and looked out for one another. Nothing wrong with differences of opinions as it sparks debate which often lead to new ideas beneficial to all. Just please remember to respect each others opinion even if you don't agree with them.

I personally know nothing you guys and gals are talking about. I don't have a scientific bone in my body nor do I have a desire to spend time trying to figure it all out. We have scientists to do that for us. :D But I have like 40lbs each of GeoFlora Veg and Bloom and trying to decide if I want to give it a go with my auto flowering plants. I grow my autos in ProMix and want to find out how it will work in this medium. As yet I have been unable to find a grower on this site growing autos in promix using the GeoFlora nutes. Anyone know someone on here using the GeoFlora nutes with autos and promix?

Oh, I agree with everyone who has posted on this thread the last 2 days.

for the record it doesn't look to me that geo is claiming you grow organically with their system. only that the ingredients are organically derived.

when is see things that say "buy our stuff and grow organically" - i automatically understand the two things are separate. "grow organically" is a totally separate approach and activity from "buy our stuff" . one does not need the other to exist.

all i know for sure is i'm sitting on a pile of hp and hope it gets the certification to be able to sell here. which is another thing i wonder about. organics generally are a rubber stamp here. wonder why it can't get certed.

look at their banner add at the top of our forum. Organic growing made easy. That seems to be a direct statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom