GERD/Acid Reflux

BuzzyB

Hey all! I just started using Medical Marijuana a few months ago. I had acid reflux so badly that I was literally at the point of vomiting, 24/7. I could not lie down to sleep as it would kick in and make it a miserable night to add to my chronic insomnia. I have been using 'medibles' as my medication delivery system of choice and my acid reflux is completely GONE! I have had it for years and it feels incredible to not even have the slightest twinge of heartburn! It has cleared up completely! I cannot attribute it to any certain strain, but I use heavy indica all of the time. Hope this helps someone else! :love:

If you had heartburn that bad for that long you'd better have an endoscopy. My heartburn lead to cancer and the removal of my esophagus. Better to be w/o an esophagus than to be dying of cancer. The cancer was discovered by an endoscopy.

If you had heartburn that bad for that long you'd better have an endoscopy. My heartburn lead to cancer and the removal of my esophagus. Better to be w/o an esophagus than to be dying of cancer. The cancer was discovered by an endoscopy.

Thanks for the reply! I did have an endoscopy procedure done and it was confirmed that I had a hiatal hernia but nothing else other than GERD. I suffered with it escalating for months until I was at the point of constant nausea. I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with the 'beast' but glad you have it under control now. It's scary when you have this stuff and you think it's just because you had some spicy food. MMJ has been a blessing so far in this household! I am finding things on a daily basis that it helps or eliminates! I am sure there will be much to learn! Stay well! Thank you for your response!

This is an old thread but I figured I will resurrect it for the good of others it may save.
My wife was treated for reflux and GERD for several years before doctors finally gave her an endoscope after she Complained that the pain was just getting ridiculous.
Result : ADVANCED GASTRIC ADENOCARCINOMA ( Stomach Cancer ).
Inoperable due to spreading to peritoneal membrane and liver.
39 years old, given 6 to 12 months to live on 17th September 2013
Started heavy regime of chemotherapy immediately, and I began reading.
Started juicing Kale/Cucumber/Celery/Apple and drinking a home brewed yoghurt called Kefir.
Started cannabis tincture in August this year along with her 3rd line chemo Taxotere.
Last scan in November this year was clear .......?
Back for another CT in January 2015, fingers crossed.
I am now on the grow to produce oil for her healing.
Moral of this story, don't wait until it's too late, reflux and GERD can be deadly. Demand a scope if your doctor is reluctant to offer. It might just save your life.
Cheers

Hello , I've recently (2 -3months) been getting really bad heartburn , something I've never had before I wasn't even sure what was happening for the first week until I started getting that acidic taste and getting sick I went to see the doctor and I was given some relief with medication but that was short lived , I am currently drinking antacids way beyond what I should , but as u know trying to do anything or nothing all pose problems with it , I normally wouldn't look at marijuana because of drug testing at work but I've not worked since anyway and I think il give this a go , you said your using medibles what's that ? I saw a magic butter machine on YouTube for oil , tinctures and butter it looks easy enough but $249. + the price of the weed is expensive here as I'm in oz and at the moment is still not legal , this wouldn't stop me to be honest but it does seriously limit my ability to get a particular strain, and from all that I've read the indica strain is the way to go , as is like if it would help repair the damage done from smoking , do you know where I can get those medibles ? As this is no way to live and the doctor is looking more towards surgery something I'd much rather forego , thank you

I've just only noticed you posted that 2yrs ago , but your in Australia aswel ya ? Atleast you were , if you get this by any chance I'd appreciate a pointer bud , cheers

I suffer with GERD/acid reflux and have for years. Got it under control with Omeprazole, but stopped taking it due to long term effects. One major thing I rely on now is baking soda shots. A little water, a little baking soda, and you are usually good.

Hey all! I just started using Medical Marijuana a few months ago. I had acid reflux so badly that I was literally at the point of vomiting, 24/7. I could not lie down to sleep as it would kick in and make it a miserable night to add to my chronic insomnia. I have been using 'medibles' as my medication delivery system of choice and my acid reflux is completely GONE! I have had it for years and it feels incredible to not even have the slightest twinge of heartburn! It has cleared up completely! I cannot attribute it to any certain strain, but I use heavy indica all of the time. Hope this helps someone else! :love:

Could you, or anyone else reading this thread give me an example of edible you buy. I have been taking rabeprazole for sometime now and other meds for over 10 years. I'd much rather take an edible. Also I noticed you said it was a heavy indica. Did this leave you unmotivated at all with a couch lock feeling? Thank you in advance for any responses.

Oh my goodness I've had the same issue and started medebles for the same reason I'd better get myself an endoscopy I didn't know Gerd was that serious :(

Back
Top Bottom