Germany: Cannabis Law

well, it may never arrive, and you may be "invited" by your friendly neighbourhood cop-shop..

marijuana is ILLEGAL in germany as well as in switzerland. DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT carry MJ with you if you dont want to have it confiscated and risking a fine. if you dont exceed larger amounts, say 5 gramms, you will not be arrested. it is even illegal in the netherlands, but it's TOLERATED up to five gramms.

bongs, pipes, papers, vaporizers, as long as they're reasonably clean may get you a raised eyebrow, but nothing more.
but even them i would avoid bringing on flights as to avoid cavity-searches or the like.

i was born and live in switzerland, so that may account for some credibility..

I live in Germany and I'm a member of the Cannabis lobby here. Marijuana is not illegal in Germany.

Last time I checked, where you were born doesn't make you an authority on any subject, and babies don't usually know much about the law, let alone the cannabis laws.

There is a big discussion about the difference allowed from one region to the other. In Hamburg, you can carry up to 3 grams, and in Berlin you can carry up to 8. The discussion is that it only takes 90 minutes (fast train) to get from one city to the other, and with no smoking on the trains - one simply cannot consume 5 grams in 90 minutes.

My experience in Hamburg is that it's tolerated quite generously. The worst case was that it was confiscated. The people who get the most trouble, are making trouble in general *and* they have product.

Seeds are not illegal, and you can grow your own. Buying and selling is technically not allowed, but tolerated, there is no war-on-drugs (cannabis) here, but you are allowed to grow it, own it, and smoke it (discreetly) in public with no consequence.

How clean you underwear is and how clean your pipe is, are of the same importance to Airport security.

Traveling by train from Amsterdam to Suisse, via Germany...Was hoping to take some extra weed with me but seems that's not a wise idea?

It mostly depends on how discreet you are and how much attention you draw to yourself that has nothing to do with weed. If you are just a young traveler, minding your own business, it's not a problem.

The trains between Amsterdam and Germany are checked with dogs sometimes, but they aren't looking for your 5 grams, they are looking for large amounts.

If you worry, keep your stash in an airtight baggie, and put the baggie in a bag of coffee. I've never had problems with dogs in that case. But remember too, if you've been smoking, you smell like it - so deodorize yourself for ultimate discretion.

It's much more tolerated in Europe, nobody is looking specifically for you. If you are being an A§§, then you'll have trouble anyway. Just be cool and you'll be fine.

Yeah a friend here in Suisse also said people occasionally mail weed from Amsterdam, to themselves

It seems unnecessary, unless you are flying, then it would be necessary. I've done this too. The only issue is the smell -if you can disguise that, then there's no issue. Within the EU there is little security for things like this. A box from California to Europe, however, is another story.

Try not to forget that there is MUCH more to Amsterdam than weed. I know that's hard to comprehend when you are part of counter culture. The art aspect alone is enough - but they have their tulips, and ...my mind keeps roaming back to art. There are amazing museums there, as well as their cheese industry. If you've ever been there as a tourist you might know that the merchants gladly ship your purchases to you so you don't have to carry them. It's quite common to ship for tourists, not only in the Netherlands. Getting a box from there shouldn't be suspicious...unless it smells suspicious.

I'm going to be flying in to Frankfurt from London this Saturday and was wondering how easy it is for a tourist like me, I'm actually from Chicago, to score? Is there a specific part of town anyone could recommend? A place where there's more of that "culture"? Sorry to sound so naive, but I've never traveled to Germany before.

I live in Germany and I'm a member of the Cannabis lobby here. Marijuana is not illegal in Germany.
In Hamburg, you can carry up to 3 grams, and in Berlin you can carry up to 8.

1. Marijuana is illegal in Germany but the DA and Judge dont care to deal with small pity crimes like 5grams or such. But it is still illegal and if u are an asshole u will get taken to jail for just a 1gram , but u may never be truly charged with anything (other than being an asshole), they will tell u go home after 24hrs and we will send u a letter if we r gonna charge you . LOL

2. I live in Berlin and its 15grams , not 8grams.

I'm going to be flying in to Frankfurt from London this Saturday and was wondering how easy it is for a tourist like me, I'm actually from Chicago, to score? Is there a specific part of town anyone could recommend? A place where there's more of that "culture"? Sorry to sound so naive, but I've never traveled to Germany before.

No joke , Go to any park big take a walk around until u see black guy(s) hanging around go ask them , they always keep a few dime bags on hand, may not be the best stuff but hey gets the job done . P.S. black guy(s) hanging around parks selling weed in Germany r gonna be cool, they will even maybe walk up too u n ask if u wanna buy , at least the Rasta's do :)

Yeah a friend here in Suisse also said people occasionally mail weed from Amsterdam, to themselves
mailing anything inside of the EU u will not have any issues, the issues arise when you have customs that are authorized to open search and seize when they feel like it (regardless of content).
Feel confident u can mail freely within the EU.

Awesome, and thanks!

Any specific park in general? Like in London, I know if you walk around Soho, that area of the city is pretty easy to score. In Chicago, can name off the exact intersections, lol. Is there an area of town specifically "catering" to our crowd?

Thank you again in advance for your time

Awesome, and thanks!

Any specific park in general? Like in London, I know if you walk around Soho, that area of the city is pretty easy to score. In Chicago, can name off the exact intersections, lol. Is there an area of town specifically "catering" to our crowd?

Thank you again in advance for your time

Have no idea buddy , any of the main parks in FrankFurt, I found this little post online maybe it helps .
"Where to buy marijuana in Frankfurt, Germany : near the Konstablerwache station. Look for the young \"middle east\" types, all of them seem to be selling hash. Some good quality, some bad. Two scores netted me a pretty good chunk (5 grams) of good quality morroccan blonde, and a 4 gram score of very lousy quality I don\'t know what. Be careful. Always check the merch before you walk away. If it doesn\'t smell right, don\'t buy it. The parks along the river near Romer mentioned in the original report don\'t seem to have any smokers any more."

Yup, I came across the same. Thanks again everyone for your insight! I'm looking forward to exploring the city with the wife and kid, then can hopefully unwind at night after they go to bed :cheer:

Have no idea buddy , any of the main parks in FrankFurt, I found this little post online maybe it helps .
"Where to buy marijuana in Frankfurt, Germany : near the Konstablerwache station. Look for the young \"middle east\" types, all of them seem to be selling hash. Some good quality, some bad. Two scores netted me a pretty good chunk (5 grams) of good quality morroccan blonde, and a 4 gram score of very lousy quality I don\'t know what. Be careful. Always check the merch before you walk away. If it doesn\'t smell right, don\'t buy it. The parks along the river near Romer mentioned in the original report don\'t seem to have any smokers any more."

Yup, I came across the same. Thanks again everyone for your insight! I'm looking forward to exploring the city with the wife and kid, then can hopefully unwind at night after they go to bed :cheer:

Cool , if u live in Chi-town I doubt ull have a problem getting the job done in Frankfurt.
Wish u n urs a nice stay in Germany as the weather is really nice these days *Lucky*

sorry to revive guys but i come from australia and i used to smoke to help with my aspegers, and thus made me cope better. I wouldnt say im a pot head as i would only have 1-3 cones a week just to relax. im in nürnberg and havent had much luck finding any. Does any one have any suggestions for this area?

Hello everyone im John and im new to the site today.Im for Stuttgart in September on the train from Amsterdam.I wanted to bring 10 pre rolled joints with me.What are the risks and do the trains be checked with police and dogs and if they do what sthe limits to carry for personal use and will they take it off me.All answers would be greatly appreciated

I was in Germany in the mid 70's and the hashish trade was considered a funding source for terrorist groups and the like. With decriminalize and establishing markets for the production of hashish that funding would dry up. Of course politicians will always use the anti drug soap box to run their campaigns on. That is why the education of the masses is needed to weed out those reprobates.
:theband: :rocker: :biglaugh: :goof: :headbanger: :passitleft: :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom