Germinated seed

I've seen pictures of inch+ long roots on a germed seed. I don't know what the 'ideal' germinated seed looks like but I tend to plant in soil 24-48 hours after the seed first splits and pops its tiny root boner. To avoid any damage to the seed from my giant man hands I use tweezers and drop the seed into soil so the root points down and lightly cover it up then wait a few days and bingo bango you're a proud parent of a new pot plant.

I've seen pictures of inch+ long roots on a germed seed. I don't know what the 'ideal' germinated seed looks like but I tend to plant in soil 24-48 hours after the seed first splits and pops its tiny root boner. To avoid any damage to the seed from my giant man hands I use tweezers and drop the seed into soil so the root points down and lightly cover it up then wait a few days and bingo bango you're a proud parent of a new pot plant.

So after in soil but before it comes growing out of soil do I need to put light on it? This is my first grow

So after in soil but before it comes growing out of soil do I need to put light on it? This is my first grow
Your best bet is to read up on some of the basics of growing

Soil
Nutes
Lights
Venting
Veg
Flower
Lots of stuff here and Google, the more u read the better you'll be

Also starting a journal will get people into your grow and can help you with questions you get

Once the seed pops out of soil you can start it in lights, what light u using??

Your best bet is to read up on some of the basics of growing

Soil
Nutes
Lights
Venting
Veg
Flower
Lots of stuff here and Google, the more u read the better you'll be

Also starting a journal will get people into your grow and can help you with questions you get

Once the seed pops out of soil you can start it in lights, what light u using??

I can’t start journal due to lack of posts.

To answer your question, yes. To germinate the seed should be in the dark because a seed is usually in the soil when it germinates and it's dark under there. Once it's germinated it will reach for the light, so yeah, after you pop your germed seed in the soil put a light over it. Don't use anything really powerful or it could kill them at such a young age. Personally I've just used a desk lamp for the first 2-3 weeks. Just be sure to use a globe that doesn't get really hot and you can put the light cm's from the plants and they'll do great.

Back
Top Bottom