Germinating A Slightly Burnt Seed

MojoNojo

Hey everyone, i'm really new to the community but have noticed you all are very helpful and was wondering if anyone had any experience with my possible problem.

I found a seed after lighting my pipe. The seed was SLIGHTLY burnt on one end.

It's a dark brown seed -- so i'm assuming it should be viable.

The burning of it concerns me yet i still attempted to germinate it.

I'm 3 days into the germinating process with the paper towel method... I've just been keeping it under my bed and i assume it's warm enough with the plate over it and the lack of A/C in the summer.

Still no crack in the seed yet and was wondering if i'm doing anything wrong or if anyone has any knowledge on trying to cultivate a burnt seed.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

forgot to say. i think it may have been a little too cold under the bed so i moved it to sit on top of my satellite box.

and i see people talking about scarification, is it possible that the burn might help?

Never tried. I guess it depends on how the living cells contained in the shell were affected by temp x time of exposure. What U got to loose by trying? It shouldn't take 3 days for a seed germ. At least I don't think so. Been dealin wit clones for a while. I'm sure some1 else who knows better than I do will come along with more info. Good luck. :peace:

now when u say, it shouldn't take 3 days, do you mean you've seen it happen more often in less time or in more time...

i don't think i burnt it too much, but who knows... i really hope not, because it'd be really depressing lol...

my friend's goin to school for agriculture and said some seeds need to be heated or scarified so perhaps it was helpful, but he's never dealt with that kind of plant so i was hoping someone would come to the rescue.

i appreciate your help, advice, and sharing your experience.

you like moms? lol... um... if this helps, the stuff was dank and i was told it was "purple kush"

i tried researching it but came across conflicting documentation. Some say it's only Indica. Some say it's an Indica/Sativa Mix.

I can say it deff has indica in it because it's a very sleepy high.

And thank you for the welcome !

When people breed at home or for a quick buck, I like to call them bathroom breeders. A lot of people just want seeds. So they get a male and a female and put them together harvest, plant some keep some, maybe give or sell some. A breeder may grow out 20-100 seeds and will be careful to select the best males and females to breed based upon what strength, growth pattern, flowring time, yeild and of course the high to name a few. They continue to breed the best and repeat this process maybe back crossing (crossing a parent with its progeny) every few generations until they can consistently predict what the plant will do. Marketing is the last step. If they don't do this I'd say they were amateur breeders. That's my personal opinion. Any more questions or details you'll have to do some reading. That's how I learned. I haven't gotten into it yet. It can take years to perfect a strain. I wanna master different growing techniques 1st.

So we're on day 4 moving to day 5 and still hasn't cracked... I assume if nobody else is willing to put their two cents in then this must be a dead seed or I may have killed it by burning it slightly?

So we're on day 4 moving to day 5 and still hasn't cracked... I assume if nobody else is willing to put their two cents in then this must be a dead seed or I may have killed it by burning it slightly?

Seeds store moisture in them while dorment. (Why they hiss and pop when you accidentally smoke them.) Once you burned it it is possible you vaporized the moisture that was keeping the seed alive and possibly cooked the inside. If it hasnt popped after 7 days I dont think it is going to bud, sorry.

thank you guys for your feedback! it's around day 5 and still nothing... i've moved the seed to just a damp papertowel in my closet im startin to think i got excited over nothing... it's just one of those things where ur excited because it's FROM THE WEED YOU LIKED so you hoped you could cultivate it... does anyone know a reputable site for privacy shipping of seeds?

Back
Top Bottom