Germinating In Starter Plugs

@gooch: Both plants are on 12/12 lighting as per Bob, although the smaller one doesn't seem to be catching up very well. And of course, I can't send Bob any more photos to show him. I suggested this forum to him, but it seems he has not availed himself of it. Will get back to you after I speak with him. BTW, I've seen your grow leg- very impressive.

well there are obvious legal reasons he cannot give you specific instruction on and step by step. His product although it can be used to grow cannbis is likely advertised as something totally different I assume. Having them on 12/12 is not the endo of the world as the real world they dont get a steady 12/12 and never 24. I suggest you use this as a valuable learning experience and document as much asyou can like i am on my journal

edit... Also very important is to make sure when the lights are off there is no light introduced at all not even one little bit dont open it dont look at em dont touch em, only look at them touche them etc... when its lights on

Is this a one off grow or are you planning on continuing to grow after this one is over?
The reason i ask is typically when one goes into the flower one need to be started. It might be prudent to find some private space where you can have enough room to move around and more importantly they have enough room to move around I have never seen a box that small for a full cycle, seems like it would be decent for the 1st stage of the process but typically when you flip it to 12/12 your plant with double, plus half, so if its 1 ft it will be 2.5 , or if its 4 ft, then 10 ft, from what i understand as a rough gauge

@gooch: So sorry I haven't posted in quite a while- lately I've been busier than a one legged man at a fanny kicking contest- virtually no time for myself. In any event, I think I'm beginning to see the buds forming on my original plant (not much going on with the newer one though), and it's growing like all hell with the tops about two inches from the lights. Must speak to Bob about that. Somewhere I saw that when that occurs, the plant can be doubled over by tying it down. Bob will answer that for me. A while ago he told me he might be sending me something to stunt the plant's growth, but that hasn't happened yet. Am still waiting for the buds to form into something that really looks as if it's getting somewhere, but patience seems to be the key to this business. Talk with you soon.

@gooch: Well, unfortunately the big plant seems to have outgrown my box, and even though I tried tying it down, many leaves burned, and the very little buds did not do well either. I started all over again, and this time Bob says that we'll start the flowering stage when they're about five inches tall so they don't outgrow the box. The Crop King seeds sprouted very quickly, they are working on their third set of leaves, and we start the grow (vegetative) stage this week. That is, in two weeks we will be in the flower stage. If we start the flower stage at a height of about five inches, even if the plants triple their height they should not get burned by the lights (I hope). Talk with you soon.

yea that was one of the concerns i had with a box that small, seems like it would be fine for herbs and little stuff but cannabis is not a small plant naturally. You might want to consider the dwarf strain that CK offers. even starting flowering at 5 inches the plant has not reached sexual maturity and will likely not produce much quality bud, but only time will tell for sure. I have read on the various forums about a box that is a set it and forget it box big enough for cannabis Hydroponic Systems & Indoor Grow Box | BCNL

@gooch: It's been quite hectic around here lately, but I'm finally back. After allowing my new seedlings to vegetate to no more than four inches in height, I switched to the flower stage, so they wouldn't outgrow my little box. I am completing my third week of flowering, and this time around the plants look nice and green without any discoloration. I believe I'm starting to see some pistoles, but am told it could take a full month to finally see real flowers. At least this time the plants are not outgrowing my box. Hopefully, going into or completing the fourth week of flowering will yield some results. With nice green plants without discoloration, and not outgrowing their enclosure some results should occur- hopefully. Will get back to you as soon as something positive happens.

I am happy to hear the good news, I am in the last weeks of my first grow here is a sneak peak in-case you havnt been following my grow.
11-26-ww2-2.jpg
11-26-hk.jpg

@gooch & Bob

Here are my plants today, which is the beginning of the 4th week of flowering. For some reason, I don't know if I'm seeing flowers or not. I posted two photos- one of both plants in my box, and a close up of one of the plants. Everything is green with no discoloration. Do you think the plants might just be slower developers?
IMG_022046.JPG
IMG_022142.JPG

heya,
might be but in that case i lack the experience ... my first plant showed signs of flowering (as far as i can tell) today after switching to flower last Friday. You can see some of the early bud development in my journal (as said, i think it shows flowering signs, but not sure as i lack the experience but it looks like an early stage to me) ....
on the other hand, i got some nice infos about flowering hormones production within cannabis females some weeks ago at a canna seminar with an employee from the nutes manufacturer canna :)

there are several methods to make the plant thinking it's autumn and time to flower and thus increasing the production of flowering hormones:
1) below 14hrs of daylight, she starts to produce flowering hormones (12/12)
2) Night Temperatures are lower - 8°C or higher difference to day temperatures
3) light spectrum, i think 6300k light temp for bloom and 5600k for veg as far as i know, but i don't use cfl ....
4a) Dry Soil (nice try in hydroponics xD )
4b) higher EC value (naturally due lesser water and dry soil so this is 4b)

As a final tip, when the Plant shows no sign of flowering after a week, he advised a dark phase of max 36 hours total darkness to make the plant thinking that time grows short until winter and she has to hurry up.

hope it helps :goodluck:

@gooch

Well, unlike the larger plant, I never got to top the smaller in the vegetative state. That's why the larger on the right is bushier. But, at least the untopped one is not a little runt as it was in my first attempt, and has enough height for me to have to tie it down. As you can see, today completed my 3rd week, and I still can't see any flowers. I just got a call from Bob on that, and he told me to add 2 hours of darkness each day- 14 dark and 10 light- which should cause some flowers to grow- I hope. By the way, your buds look terrific, and I wish mine could look that good.

no that will not make anything grow, time it take time for a plant to come to sexual maturity just flipping the lights doesnt do anything until she is ready to bloom, have patience when the new growth starts to stagger then she will start popping flowers

@gooch

Well, not knowing what I'm doing, I'm just following Bob's advice. But, you do say as Bob, eventually the damnable thing will flower- I hope. As you see from the photos, the plants are green without discoloration, which must mean that flowering should take place. Bob thought he saw the beginning of flowers. You've no idea how much I want to see those damn flowers, which will tell me I'm on the way. You'd think that by the 4th week something would happen, but with my lousy luck..........

well typically plants veg for 8 weeks before they even go into flower its typically a 4 month grow process, so 4 weeks is only 1 month they are still babies, give it another couple weeks to mature then it will start flowering you are doing fine i see bud sites forming so you are doing fine

@gooch

Do you actually see buds forming? Well, that's very reassuring. The only thing to do now is to keep maintaining and waiting. Prior to starting this I had a feeling things would go hard with this project. But, once the actual flowering starts (if it will already), I'll have a much more positive outlook. Much thanks for the encouragement.

Back
Top Bottom