Germinating In Starter Plugs

not buds.... bud sites where the buds will eventually form typically there is a fan leaf on the bottom and sprout above it

@BoB & GOOch

Even after adding two hours of darkness starting last Tuesday, little else is happening except for the plants still growing to the point where I have to tie them down so the lights won't burn them. I believe they're still in the vegetation stage. Here are two photos taken today (Friday)- one of both plants, and one close up of one of them. To be honest, I don't see anything happening.

IMG_022242.JPG
IMG_022340.JPG

yes as i said nothing will happen until you see staggered growth when you see staggered growth then it is sexually mature and will begin to flower. this takes time not a light cycle

@BoB & GOOch: I'm posting twoe photos- one of both plants, and one of the discoloring on the leaves. Somehow, I don't think I was ever cut out for these, and have almost given up hope on ever seeing any flowering. *sigh*
IMG_024645.JPG
IMG_024552.JPG

Well in all fairness you picked the most difficult manor to attempt to grow for a first timer. Meaning in a small container, this takes using very skilled techniques to be done correct, its not that you cant grow in a small box, it just makes it 100 times more difficult. That being said I think you are doing fine, I would remove the giant fan leaves, and mabey look up LST on the forums it stands for low stress training, its not going to work now but if you read up on it and try to understand it you will use it next grow after this one is successful, which it will be.
Edit
Do not be concerned with the small area of discoloration unless it is in the newer growth or close to lights, the stuff on the edge looks like at some point it had a bit of nut burn but not now, unless that is new growth(at the tops)

on a separate note i see she is finally at her sexual maturity, you can tell in the first pic nodes are staggering now so in 9 weeks you will have buds

@gooch: Much thanks for the reassuring words, but I'll really believe the flowering when it actually happens. Yes, my initial mistake was considering stealth, when I should have considered growing ability, but I had no idea that these plants would be turning into Jack and the Beanstalk. I never imagined anything could grow so fast so high. Now I know. I'm really glad that you and Bob assure me that flowering will happen, and am eagerly awaiting such a time. Perhaps, next time around I'll try the dwarf seeds you once suggested. Again, thanks for the help and the encouragement.

Moshe what are you feeding them now? your formula should be cutting back on nitrogen and increasing phosphorus and potassium

@gooch: What am I feeding them now? Well, with Dealzer there are only three nutrients with which Bob has me working. A grow for the vegetative state, a bloom for flowering, and a calcium/magnesium combo. Nothing else. According to Bob I am approaching the third week of flowering.

@gooch & Bob: Eureka! I finally see white pistils (I think)! Now that they're there, the wait was worth it, and while my very first yield may be somewhat small, I'll take it as a learning experience. Three photos are in the next post. Much thanks for the assistance and encouragement.

@BoB & GOOch: Going into my 6th week of flowering. The pistils don't seem to be getting any larger turning into sizable buds. Do they look all right to you?
IMG_025047.JPG
IMG_025150.JPG
IMG_026251.JPG
IMG_026747.JPG

Bob: Here are the photo. One of the whole box where a bunch of leaves are yellowing and rotting, and the other two of individual buds.
IMG_027444.JPG
IMG_027849.JPG
IMG_027945.JPG

@BoB: The buds seem to be growing with a powerful aroma emanating, although there's a lot of brown coloring in them as you can see. Thanks to your assistance, I think this might just very well work.
IMG_028145.JPG
IMG_028245.JPG
IMG_028349.JPG

@BoB: Here are my latest photos. I don't believe they're ready for harvesting yet, are they? Thanks again for all the help.
Moshe
Flower_113.jpg
Flower_26.jpg
Flower_37.jpg

@BoB: Here are some photos of my buds a day before water and nutrient change. The aroma is fantastic! These buds require some more time- right? Will they grow fatter? Much thanks again! Moshe
Flower_26.jpg
Flower_37.jpg
IMG_031837.JPG

Back
Top Bottom