Germinating seeds

SirGrowAlot

I have read many different blogs and reviews on germinating seeds. All of them say the best way is to put in a wet paper towel, place paper towel inside a ziplock baggy, blow air into baggy then zip close it...
But some say to place the baggy in a window seal and some say to place it in a cool, dark place.
which place is the best??

seed needs darkness,warmth, and moistiur to germinate. I take a paper towle, get it nice and wet then ring it out so it is just damp, Then i place it inside a plastic container put the seeds in, fold the paper towel in half so it is covering the seeds, then throw a cover on it, wrap it in a t-shirt and leave it either in your grrow room if it is warm enough or just somewhere there is always going to be constant heat. On the back of a router or on a cable box is a good spot. Or if you have a heat pad that would work to just on a low setting. I just germinated 2 seeds this way i had taproots in 2 days.

Things you need

-Plastic container with cover (Or ziplock bag)
-Damp Paper towel
-seeds
-dont let the seeds get any light
-keep in a warm spot (75*f-85*F) is ideal

Awesome..
Thank You for the great info!!!

welll i got some issues going on right now with air ducting and venting the room/light that i am going to have to try to figure out..
K will will def have to do that..

I posted this on another thread but will post again for anyone who may benefit.
Growing Seed is a Lost Art it seems with much emphasis on electricity cost, having to grow indoors, speed, production, time, there are many reasons to use clones. BUT if your goal is to obtain or transfer genetics you will need seed. To Germinate Seeds I get a clean glass jar, fill it with distilled water with Ph of about 6.1-6.5 and soak the seed in the water 24hrs, and until the seeds drop, and sink, indicating water has entered the shell. Then take the Jar and empty the water and seed onto a clean exspensive Paper Towel, folding the paper towel up with seeds inside the wet Paer Towel and replace it into the now empty jar. Then place the Jar (with name of strain on it) in a dark spot with a warm pad underneath. Wait 24-72hrs and the seeds will pop. Wait until they show cotyledons before placing in Root Riot Plugs, rock wool cubes, or soil. Keep under fluoroscent light and you should enjoy terrific new strains now available in seed form.

So in one hole of the HID light i can have ducting hooked into the light and up to my fan/filter, but can have the fan/filter inside the grow closet. But on the other end hole of the grow light I need to have ducting running outside of the grow closet and just dumping it. Correct?

I posted this on another thread but will post again for anyone who may benefit.
Growing Seed is a Lost Art it seems with much emphasis on electricity cost, having to grow indoors, speed, production, time, there are many reasons to use clones. BUT if your goal is to obtain or transfer genetics you will need seed. To Germinate Seeds I get a clean glass jar, fill it with distilled water with Ph of about 6.1-6.5 and soak the seed in the water 24hrs, and until the seeds drop, and sink, indicating water has entered the shell. Then take the Jar and empty the water and seed onto a clean exspensive Paper Towel, folding the paper towel up with seeds inside the wet Paer Towel and replace it into the now empty jar. Then place the Jar (with name of strain on it) in a dark spot with a warm pad underneath. Wait 24-72hrs and the seeds will pop. Wait until they show cotyledons before placing in Root Riot Plugs, rock wool cubes, or soil. Keep under fluoroscent light and you should enjoy terrific new strains now available in seed form.

What are cotyledons?? Sorry if its such a newbie question

if the cotyledones are the white things that come out of the seed then when do you know it is time to put in soil? As soon as you seen them? Do they have to be a certain length?

I have better yields by first soaking my seeds directly into purified water and let them soak for 24 hours in total darkness. A shot-glass works perfectly for this.

This approach helps loosen the tough outer shell and therefore saves strength within the seeds for rapid growth!

After the 24 hours use the paper towel approach or napkins, but don't use napkins with or towels with color dyes.

If you doubt this approach try two batches of seeds. Half to the water and half to the napkins. Judge for yourself to see which become true hearty seedlings faster.

I remain,
SOGLAD

Back
Top Bottom