Germination and transplantation

greengatorade

Hi,

I have used the paper towel method to germinate my seeds. They are now open. Afer 4 days, the tip of the root is visible, but barely out of the shell. Is it the right time to transplant them to a growing medium?

I was thinking using moist rooting cubes. Does it sound like a good choice?

According to another post, they should be burried, maybe 0.5 cm (1/5 of an inch), the tip of the root directed to the ground. Can someone confirm?

Regarding the light, I was thinking putting them 12 cm (5 inches) from a regular kitchen fluorescent light until they develop a few leaves. Then, transplant them to a bigger container and put them under HPS lights. What do you think?

I will implore Mother Nature for forgiveness of my beginner's mistakes :adore:

Thanks!

Green Gatorade

when the root is about1/2 inch long... you should place it in the growing medium with root tip facing downwards

now i find that if you let the seed lie directly above the soil with the root buried beneath in the soil the shoot will grow fastest with best germination results. (rather than burying the whole seed + root underground)

Eyeless said:
when the root is about1/2 inch long... you should place it in the growing medium with root tip facing downwards

now i find that if you let the seed lie directly above the soil with the root buried beneath in the soil the shoot will grow fastest with best germination results. (rather than burying the whole seed + root underground)

Thanks! That's a great tip! What about the rooting cube and the light (type + distance)?

greengatorade said:
Thanks! That's a great tip! What about the rooting cube and the light (type + distance)?

If your using floros keep the light at 1 inch away from the tops of your plants. this needs to be checked everyday.

Rooting cubes such as Rockwool cubes, I use them all the time for gemenating seeds they work great, once the plant gets going good you can place it into your soil pots.

Back
Top Bottom