Germination question

MRWRESTLINGII

...so I am germinating a few beans using the wet paper towel method. They are bag beans. I didn't expect any to pop, but two of four did. That said, a couple have what looks like webbing on them. I assume these are pests and I should just ditch them all and maybe go with water/bleach germination next time before putting them on paper towel.

If you can't tell, i'm a beginner.

Re: Germination question...

Some pics might help but with out seeing it.......is it more of a film cause if so then it's natural and I've actually had to cut it before to let my cotyledons aka sucker leaves spread.......if its like a spider web then it might be something else but I'm taking a shot in the dark.....post some pics and some more experienced growers might chime in.good luckier brother and happy growing!

Re: Germination question...

Some pics might help but with out seeing it.......is it more of a film cause if so then it's natural and I've actually had to cut it before to let my cotyledons aka sucker leaves spread.......if its like a spider web then it might be something else but I'm taking a shot in the dark.....post some pics and some more experienced growers might chime in.good luckier brother and happy growing!

Thanks. I ditched them before taking pics. Not sure I could have made it easily visible anyway. It was a tiny bit of webbing from the bean to the paper towel. It's just bag beans and i'm just experimenting now anyway. I did read that the bleach method is bad for beans and to go hydrogen peroxide instead. Lots of info. Everyone's an expert. 'Cept me. :)

Just use water and a paper towel. The webbing you saw is probably a layer of film that seperates the bean from the shell. Ive had several pop and still enclose the coty's so i had to genly remove them.

Back
Top Bottom