Germination questions

bigbudzzz420

my seeds have germinated and the tap roots are out of the seed.im growing indoors 4x4x8 tent , 1200w led , promix hp .
my questions are ...should i plant them and then water right away ? whats the ph 6.0 to 6.5 ? should i start the 18 on 6 off right away even though the are in the medium ? .im starting them in a solo cup . also im gonna kerp the lights about 4 feet away and put the cups in the corners off the tent so its not too intense as this is the only light i have . any advice would help . thanks

U don't have any small fluorescent around the house? You got to. Spiral bulbs. Long flouro tubes. Anything that's on the blue color side might work better for you.

Then again you didn't mention if it was 4 seeds or 40 so...

I liked 18/6 better than 24.
I would say especially with that light.

It would seem if you can pay electricity for that thing u cold probably save the energy and go buy a 65$ t5HO 2 foot 4 bulb on Amazon. Great light.

About the seed. Here is one of mine today.

6f5304b3e796b7840265af28edbc9df4.jpg

To me personally that is no where near ready for me to put in coco.
Others might.

Last batch I let go (under constant monitoring) until tap root was 3 inch long or so. I've noticed the seeds are hard and I think it takes some real lube to help them slide off.

I've had to help some I rushed into pots early shed their shell.

I like them nice and wet and ready to go. That's me.

Hey also before u stick that 1200 watt led on them u might wanna check with an led guy but I think 4 feet might be a lot.

At least for what they cost it better be too close..... Right?

To me personally that is no where near ready for me to put in coco.
Others might.

Last batch I let go (under constant monitoring) until tap root was 3 inch long or so. I've noticed the seeds are hard and I think it takes some real lube to help them slide off.

Agreed. 2 inches minimum here. This way your substrate with mykos added (or whatever else you may use) has more material to work with.

5 seeds , i probably shoukd have grabbed a t5 but this is my first grow and wanted a good set up . the taps are about an inch on 3 of the seeds and the other 2 are about 1/4 inch so far . so ill probably be able to plant 3 tomorrow in promix hp then ill water them afterwards. i really dont want to run the 1200 w led for seedlings , i know , i know i should have thought about it before lol . oh well make due with what you have right ? so maybe ill do like 36 inches away then , thats what the manufacturer suggested for seedlings . So all i gotta do is keep the ph neutral and ill be good , i think .

5 seeds , i probably shoukd have grabbed a t5 but this is my first grow and wanted a good set up . the taps are about an inch on 3 of the seeds and the other 2 are about 1/4 inch so far . so ill probably be able to plant 3 tomorrow in promix hp then ill water them afterwards. i really dont want to run the 1200 w led for seedlings , i know , i know i should have thought about it before lol . oh well make due with what you have right ? so maybe ill do like 36 inches away then , thats what the manufacturer suggested for seedlings . So all i gotta do is keep the ph neutral and ill be good , i think .

While t5's are optimal, all you really require at this stage are CFL's. You can do this really quickly and cheaply.

good idea , ill do that instead. how many watts do i need and how many bulbs . how long do i use them for until i bring out the monster led ?

Since you have a powerful light on standby, use one or two 23W CFLs for the first few weeks. Alternatively, you can use a splitter under the reflector thereby running two CFLs on one fixture. These are often sold as "23 Watt Energy Smart CFL - 100 Watt Replacement". Kelvin range should be Daylight (5000K-6500K). Try to keep your lights anywhere from 4-6 inches away from the surface of your plants. You'll know when it time to shine the big boy on them. :thumb:

This came from Home Depot.

IMG_20170428_074314.jpg

my seeds have germinated and the tap roots are out of the seed.im growing indoors 4x4x8 tent , 1200w led , promix hp .
my questions are ...should i plant them and then water right away ? whats the ph 6.0 to 6.5 ? should i start the 18 on 6 off right away even though the are in the medium ? .im starting them in a solo cup . also im gonna kerp the lights about 4 feet away and put the cups in the corners off the tent so its not too intense as this is the only light i have . any advice would help . thanks
My coach says germinate in cup of ph water around 5.5 from seeding you need your ppm a bitl lower. Then as it grows slowly increase ppm. Til flowering last few weeks back off on ppm again. Ph on pro mix you can get away with 5.5-6.5 hot spots. But in pro mix it's like growing on coco. Treat it like coco. 500 ml or so from seed. Then let it almost dry out day or two depending on pot and ventilation. Promix hp I'm in flowering now my candy cane auto is drinking nuts. It fed 2 litre yesterday's at 2 pm now just sent droop and lifted pot light. Added another 1 lite to gold over til she wakes up. Don't over water if you do just wait til it is dry promix has alot of Nutes stuff in it your seedling won't die. Hope that helps here is my candy cane auto.
I'd recommend thread how to grow on coco. Read first page. Very helpful.
Also check out my journal thread under my signature then click on post started scroll til you see my kings true grow. Which is false name. As I'm learning from some solid people food luck on your journey brother..

IMHO...PromixHP by itself... is gonna' cause you grief!...You need some substance...preferably EWC...or at least a quality potting soil(one with Myco added would be kewl...no time released nutes)...once you have proof of life(tap root)...1/2" is the norm for placing in well watered, but not saturated soil medium...should be good for a week or so, before any more water is needed...a lil' foliar misting under CFL's won't hurt...I can do a dozen seedlings under 4 23 watt CFL's(2 reflector shades with a Y splitter) and a single 42 watt about 4"s away from plants...after 2 weeks in 4" starter pots they should be be ready for up potting...either 1 gallon, or final home...my thoughts are a transitional up potting seem to work better(with photo's)...typically they would then go under My T5/CFL set up...gonna' experiment with LED's this year, so not quite sure about exact heights...tho'...30/36"'s seems to be common..you might experience some stress as the plants adjust to the new light..Welcome to :420:...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom