Germination time differences between strains?

xtrchessreal

On Jan 2, I placed an amount of seeds into rapid rooters and some in small plastic planter pots into a dome with a heat pad and a thermometer set around 83 degrees F. There were several strains which I will call M, Shock-T, Toe Cheese (I found it inside my shoe), Stinky Diesel, and Mystery...we don't know where it came from. At this point 54% have germinated its been 5 days as of this writing. Of the strains M popped first in the rooters, then at 3 days Shock-T popped in soil. None of the others have popped.

I was wondering how long should I give the rest before giving up on those?

:peace:

Today I found Mystery had popped :popcorn: and as I did a forensic uncovering it appeared as though one more Shock-T had popped but had not reached the surface yet so I covered it back gently. :wood:

The Toe Cheese and Stinky D all were non starters and I found several white larvae around them. :rip: One of the Stinky D seemed to be eaten from the inside out and only the shell was left.

I potted the rooters and everything is in soil now, moved a CFL 6500 light real close, I might add a second one to cover the area better. When ready I will clone them for sex except for M, I have too many of those seeds to worry about making a mother this time. I'll add some mosquito chunks to the trays later when they get a bit taller. F'n gnats!:geek: Somewhere I must find time to trim and transplant my mother "D" its lookin like it might be root bound. I've had 100% success with cloning but I lost my two year old Mother "M" due to some miscalculations. Hence the restart.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom