germination to flowering?

quiyettoker

Hey, i jus wanted to know if i put a germinating plant in the flower room with my 1000wt hps, how long would it take to bud if it was a female? by the way i changed the light to veg at 18/6 so it can increase the size of them, there are 9 plants.

Re: germination to flowering???

you really shouldnt put a plant straight into flowering after germination... it has to have some kind of veg cycle. and different strains have different flowering periods, plus every plant is different and may need a shorter or longer flowering time than another.

^ what they said. . . unless you had an auto flowering strain. . . in which case it wouldn't matter what your lighting time was. . .

I have never used Hps, but 1000 sounds pretty strong for some seedlings. . . could be wrong about that. . . :peace:

...never flower right after germination...your plant needs to build up some bulk...atleast veg for 2 weeks or so...unless you are using clones i wouldnt put anything right into flower..unless its autoflowering

it wont reach maturity if it goes immediatly into flowering from germination..a plant reaches sexual maturation towards the end of vegging..and if you start to flower before that point you will notice sex withen the first 2 weeks of flowering.

I put a germed seed into 12/12 right off the back as an experiment. It took 5 weeks to show sex and it's yeild is gonna be horrible.

I put a germed seed into 12/12 right off the back as an experiment. It took 5 weeks to show sex and it's yeild is gonna be horrible.

how much vegitative growth before flowers?

well now the plants have been veggin for around two 2wks, and 3 of 9 plants are 1-2 feet tall now, so now can i put these plants in flowering cause itz gettin expensive(my wife gets mad at me, i told her itz my thing don't hate on me).

well now the plants have been veggin for around two 2wks, and 3 of 9 plants are 1-2 feet tall now, so now can i put these plants in flowering cause itz gettin expensive(my wife gets mad at me, i told her itz my thing don't hate on me).

Height has very little to do with a plant being READY to flower.

Have they started to produce alternate nodes? If not, they won't produce much.>[

yes, they all have more than two notes. Im in the first week of flowerin and no big changes so far but i changed the nutes ..

Height has very little to do with a plant being READY to flower.

Have they started to produce alternate nodes? If not, they won't produce much.>[
Actually they will produce just fine...it will just take longer to show gender and flower fully.

Actually they will produce just fine...it will just take longer to show gender and flower fully.

We must live in different universes, just finished havesting a grow of mixed clones and seed germed. plants.

the clones were of course ready to flower when purchased, the seeded ones vegged for 5 weeks, but were still putting out opposable nodes and shorter by 12" than the clones (36"). The seeded girls produced 90% airbuds, while cloned girls gave up 8oz. of fine bud. Needless to say we put the seeds back in the drawer for the present grow:>)

My 12/12 seedling was killed by a ferret I was watching during the time. The little shitling chomped it in half and left it on the floor for me to find, so I will not be albe to continue the experiment : (

Back
Top Bottom