Germination under 150w hps

radi

I germinated my seeds in paper towel for 3/4 days, then i put them in plastic cups under the soil.

I just have a 150w hps and i'll be running a 12/12 from seed method.

What light schedule should i do until i see the sprout? And the distance to the lamp?

Thanks.

Honestly radi I would hold off on the hps and use cfls for now during veg.....you will get better light to heat.... Once they plants are a couple weeks old than I would switch it over... Are you running autos?... :ciao:

I cannot afford any more lights for now, just have to use the 150w hps.

This is my first grow so im using bag seeds and i want to try the 12/12 from seed.

About the distance, good tip. They start to sprout today, but before the distance was 16 inches from the light. Next time i'll try more distance because of the dry soil on top.

I read somewhere the distance to 150w hps was 16 inches seedling and the 8 inches when they got bigger.

Honestly radi I would hold off on the hps and use cfls for now during veg.....you will get better light to heat.... Once they plants are a couple weeks old than I would switch it over... Are you running autos?... :ciao:
Great advice Vince, my thoughts exactly!

I cannot afford any more lights for now, just have to use the 150w hps.

This is my first grow so im using bag seeds and i want to try the 12/12 from seed.

About the distance, good tip. They start to sprout today, but before the distance was 16 inches from the light. Next time i'll try more distance because of the dry soil on top.

I read somewhere the distance to 150w hps was 16 inches seedling and the 8 inches when they got bigger.
CFL are about $2 each, if they are seedlings you can veg them under the CFLs for a few weeks until you need the extra light of the HPS. Four 23w CFLs will use half of the electricity of the HPS and pay for them selves in less than a month, so you can't afford to NOT buy buy.

Yes in this method is about 21 days to see the sex, then transplant to bigger pots and Hps light.

I have always used a 4 or 600 watt HID MH/Hps bulb when growing from seed with no problems and only use cfls when cloning, when clones are fully rooted they go under a HID bulb also.

HID bulbs give you much better growth than cfls but if you do have to use them spend wise and buy a t5

Anyway your 150 watt is fine my friend and you'll get good results using it from start to finish. Plus a 150 watt bulb will hardly cost much to run anyway especially if doing a 12/12 grow from start.

Yes that's what i tough, running a 150w it's not a high electricity cost so i never tough on buying CFL and i only have 1 grow box. Was cool to have another and run CFLs and the Hps separately, maybe in my 2nd grow.

The only problem is that i have seen a lot of people saying to do 24/7 or 18/6 until i see the sprout and this increase the electric cost with the hps, but i guess it's just a few days because i use papel towel first and when i see the sprout im gonna change to 12/12.

Thanks everyone.

Hi again, so i've been thinking about it and i want to buy 4 23w CFLs for my 2nd grow, to use until they show sex and then put them under the 150w hps and the 4 CFLs. Its almost 250w in flowering. CFLs = Till they show sex / CFLs + 150w Hps = After they show sex.

What do you think about that since im using 12/12 from seed its all in one grow room. This way i can save in the electric cost. Is 4 23w enough?

And the CFL are 2700k for flowering right?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom