Germination under 24-0 or 18-6?

You could use about an inch of course gravel, which is easy to get. Or, you could just put a couple layers of paper towels over the drainage holes. This is what I do, to keep the soil in the pot.

Thats a good idea, thanks. Had a brain fart today when I realized that I did'nt buy any new soil before the weekend so the transplant is going to have to wait another day unless they are closed tommorow for presidents day, but I did pull out the tent,light and the fan and put them in there. I will start another thread when I get them placed, I feel bad about taking over this members thread.

Thats a good idea, thanks. Had a brain fart today when I realized that I did'nt buy any new soil before the weekend so the transplant is going to have to wait another day unless they are closed tommorow for presidents day, but I did pull out the tent,light and the fan and put them in there. I will start another thread when I get them placed, I feel bad about taking over this members thread.

Fred Meyers and Walmart are ALWAYS open. Edit: also Home depot and Lowes. They'll def be open.

I just don't want no debate or anything I just want some suggestions, plus I mean by going 18-6 regardless, is that I'm unsure rather leave it 24-0 after it has popped out or go ahead and put it 18-6. I also got another one right beside it that hasn't popped yet but it's in a smaller cube

I don't think there's a real debate about Cannabis being a C3 plant which doesn't require a dark cycle to process, store or build any of its tissues. There's huge debate about exactly what that means! :)

I germinate at 24/0 and can't imagine ever changing that. I don't want my newly sprouted girl to sit in up to 6 hours of total darkness when she first arrives. If nothing else I'd suggest staying at 24/0 until most if not all of your new beans have broken ground and had a day or so of light.

I also decided to veg at 24/0, as according to the experts such as Jorge and Ed, the only thing 20/4 or 18/6 is reduce the size of your plant, and the science supports this to a large degree.

Our veg tent is only running a 200w led (Twilight Spider x4) so it's cheap to run 24/0. Our flowering (or more accurately Autoflowering still) tent is running closer to 800w, so I do 18/6 there to save some electricity and provide a cooler night to promote color changes.

I didn't know that huh. Well she's in the dro bucket. I looked on ebay for those Twilight Spiders and I couldn't find them. I got them on 18-6, I have to say it's the littlest one I've ever spouted. Haha the clay pepples are bigger then it lol. But it already has detailed vines.

Back
Top Bottom