Germination

EastCoastBud

420 Member
So two nights ago I put 4 purple kush seeds in water then transferred them to the paper towel once they sank. So far 2 opened and 2 didn't, how long could it possibly take? When do I know they are duds

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So two nights ago I put 4 purple kush seeds in water then transferred them to the paper towel once they sank. So far 2 opened and 2 didn't, how long could it possibly take? When do I know they are duds

I have found that when I put them in water I need to check back in a couple hours to sink them or they float up and don't absorb water.

Then take them out paper towel with one or two sheets above the seed. Needs to be moist but not drenched. I have some pictures in my grow log.

Also make sure it is at least 20 degrees Celsius. And also make sure to leave seeds in the dark.

I have had stubborn ones go 5 days before cracking open. If I get one that doesn't open in the paper towel I put it moist dirt with a clear lid just for the heck of it. One made it.

I would keep it going for 2-3 more days anyway. Good luck:thumb:

I've been growing for over 25 years. Not an expert by any means. I just put them directly in seed mix. Not sure why all the tissue and such. Never understood that hassle. Last 6 pack I planted took 4 days and all 6 were up. Your all thinking too hard.

I've been growing for over 25 years. Not an expert by any means. I just put them directly in seed mix. Not sure why all the tissue and such. Never understood that hassle. Last 6 pack I planted took 4 days and all 6 were up. Your all thinking too hard.

Yeah the soil provides cover and moisture and you don't run the risk of damaging the tap root.

Crop King is very specific about how they want customers to germinate their seeds and in my experience, their seeds are WAY more stubborn and less vigorous than any other seeds I've popped.

If you follow their germination instructions perfectly and your seeds don't germinate, call or email them and they'll replace 'em, that's one thing I absolutely love and appreciate about them, they stand by their product and really support new growers.

To your original question, I've had some Crop King seeds take upwards of a week but their plants have still developed very big and healthy plants once above soil.

I just started 5 Green Crack seeds , put them in water for 14 hours and than to paper towel, within 24 hours they had a beauty tap root, i than put them into one inch rockwool cubes, and into a 4 inch rockwool, three of them have a root out the bottom of the 4 inch cube already and are about 3 inches high with a set of leaves coming out already, the other 2 are about the same height but no root out the bottom yet, the 3 that have a root out the bottom i have taken and put 2 into dirt and one into a hydroponic bucket . its is now day 6 since starting! I will post a photo as soon as i figure out how to post a picture !

I have learned the most important tool i have is my patientice. im a bit of a perfectionist so any issue that used to come up ( leaf issues, bugs, growth, etc...) i would usually act to quickly. usually being wrong in my diagnosis. the plants have an amazing ability to "fix" themselves if i usually wait a few days. the paper towel is by far the best method. i like 72 degrees. if the seeds didnt come up fast enough for me, i would crack them by hand. i now wait and see. if i plant ten and one dose not come up, i now assume its a tuff husk. not a bad seed. i put them in a small vice and slowly put pressure till i get a small crack.then wait a day, if nothing i then extreemly carfully pull open the husk, not all the way. then wait.you want the tap root to come out 1 1/2 inches.then put in dirt.let the embreyo kick the husk off itself.very important.when its ready it will release itself from the husks wall. i mist mine to shoot off the husk.dont ever touch the embreyo its very delicate.ive messed more shit up by hurrying-good things come to those who wait!! when i get ready for my gorrilla grow i do about 300 seeds on paper towels, then to cups.patience is a skill.get some bag seeds and you can practice on them. ive done many experaments from lst, to growing in a beer can, to twisting 2-3 tap roots together to make 3 plants with 1 root ball for plant counts,males everything.alot of times things start growing and going to fast to where you wished they would slow down.enjoy the ride

I have 0% germination from Crop King's Bubba Kush and 60% germination from their Northern Lights. This after 10 days. The 60% germination of the Norther Lights happened in the usual 24 to 36 hours. I am not a novice grower and have developed my own seeds over the years. I was just looking for something new to introduce. Beware of Crop King.

Yes. Currently have 3 Indica of unknown variety at 8 days in my Aerogarden. All 3 are growing like "weeds". Just use plain water for first week then slowly add nute's 1/4 then 1/2 strength once a week till week 4 then full go on nute's. After week 4 make sure you prune some of the roots or they will quickly clog your pump and wreck the grow, every 2-3 weeks after that prune roots again. Make first water change after week 3 then every 10 days after that. Don't try to grow more than 2 or 3 at a time with it or they will crowd out quickly.

I have 0% germination from Crop King's Bubba Kush and 60% germination from their Northern Lights. This after 10 days. The 60% germination of the Norther Lights happened in the usual 24 to 36 hours. I am not a novice grower and have developed my own seeds over the years. I was just looking for something new to introduce. Beware of Crop King.

So I talked to Crop King re the poor germination and they are going to replace the Bubba Kush seeds. It seems that they do stand behind their product, it just remains to be seen how good their product is. Has anyone bought from Peakseeds??

Good luck! Crop King just delivered my first order in a crazy fast time...germinating their seeds now. First time buying seeds from anywhere. I'll go back to them for different strains once I see how these do.

So I talked to Crop King re the poor germination and they are going to replace the Bubba Kush seeds. It seems that they do stand behind their product, it just remains to be seen how good their product is. Has anyone bought from Peakseeds??

second batch of Bubba Kush arrived and 90% germination after 36 to 48 hrs..so I'm happy.
Purchased from Peakseeds and they arrived quickly and the seeds look fat & healthy. Will start germination soon.

I was 100% germination 6 for 6 of my CBD Auto Cheese. So far I'm 10 days in, they seem to be a lot slower growing than decent bag seeds initially but the last day they've really begun to take off, now with 3 nodes and very healthy looking. Doubt that they will be 90 day to harvest though, I'm expecting more like 100+ under my 600 watt hid and 150 watt cfl. 4 of the 6 are in hydro (deep water) and 2 are in really great soil mix.

Back
Top Bottom