Germy's First Grow Log

I need some of that insulation to cover a heat tape I need to put on my sewer pipe under the house so it doesn't freeze up again this winter. Real PITA to clear that 4" pipe.

CPU fan cooler. Have my doubts.

The Ice probe is a thermoelectric cooler. It uses a peltier device. When an electric current passes through the peltier device emits heat from one side and cold from the other. The Peltier is sandwiched between a heatsink, hot side, and a powder coated aluminum probe on the cold side. The small CPU fan draws heat off of the heatsink. The probe side becomes ice cold. It gets to low 20f out of the water drawing 50watts. My res starts at 4 gals, I recently added another timer just for the chiller unit because the temp control was damaged. The chiller stays on one hour after lights out and turns back on 2 hours before lights on. My res runs between 66-71F during the day and my average daytime ambient temp is around 81F. Mid week when the res drops down to 2+/- Gals the res temp is between 64-68F.

@Germy is your setup RDWC? The Peltier units run about $100usd. My set up isn't RDWC so the one chiller per bucket works for me. You would probably be better off reconfiguring your system to run RDWC and just buy an actual nano chiller, or RDWC with 2 or 3 Ice Probes in your recirculating reservoir. You can get a really nice chiller for about the same process as four Ice Probes.

I'd be running one bucket as aero cloner(tent 1), two in veg(second tent), 2 in bloom(tent three)how much draw do they pull? I'm looking to iradicate the ac unit in the bloom tent. My power bill is 500/mo. 250 ish without it, it runs 24/7. Would I save with 5 ice probes? Maybe try insulating the black buckets with your insulation. Net pot lid too. That alone will decrease it. My 1000 watt is hood cooled and carbon extraction. I may be able to squeak by with hydroguard formerly aqua shield . Thoughts?

I'd be running one bucket as aero cloner(tent 1), two in veg(second tent), 2 in bloom(tent three)how much draw do they pull? I'm looking to iradicate the ac unit in the bloom tent. My power bill is 500/mo. 250 ish without it, it runs 24/7. Would I save with 5 ice probes? Maybe try insulating the black buckets with your insulation. Net pot lid too. That alone will decrease it. My 1000 watt is hood cooled and carbon extraction. I may be able to squeak by with hydroguard formerly aqua shield . Thoughts?

Insulate and def use hydro guard or similar product. I use dutch master gold zone and it is a phenomenal product, it allows you to safely run your res at higher temps. you cant run bennies with either product, they sterilize the root zone. All living things are killed.

What is the temp outside of grow room currently?

Insulate and def use hydro guard or similar product. I use dutch master gold zone and it is a phenomenal product, it allows you to safely run your res at higher temps. you cant run bennies with either product, they sterilize the root zone. All living things are killed.

What is the temp outside of grow room currently?

Took ac out, the ambient is 78. I think insulation and the additive will do it.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom