Get Active this Election Cycle

Stoney Girl

Events we should try to attend:

WIN-PAC Brunch at Sara Gelser's

Start: Oct 5 2008 - 11:30am
End: Oct 5 2008 - 1:00pm

Join Rep.Gelser, Ways & Means Co-Chair Mary Nolan and Rep. Tina Kotek to focus on improving women's leadership opportunities in Oregon. this fundraiser will benefit WIN-PAC, devoted solely to supporting first-time Democratic Pro-choice women candidates running for the Oregon Legislature.

Please email Sara for directions and to rsvp:sgelser@yahoo.com.

Mid-Valley Health Care Forum

Start: Oct 7 2008 - 7:00pm
End: Oct 7 2008 - 9:00pm

Mid-Valley Health Care Advocates is sponsoring a forum for Oregon Legislative candidates, focusing specifically on health care issues. For more information, email Betty Johnson.

Corvalis Public Library (map)
645 NW Munroe Ave.
Corvallis, OR

Coffee with Rep. Sara Gelser

Start: Oct 8 2008 - 9:00am
End: Oct 8 2008 - 10:00am

Please join Rep. Sara Gelser for coffee and an informal discussion of the fall campaign and the upcoming Legislative session.

Java Connection (map)
1640 Main St.
Philomath, OR

US Senator Ron Wyden's Forum on Senior Issues

Start: Oct 8 2008 - 3:30pm
End: Oct 8 2008 - 4:30pm

US Senator Ron Wyden is holding a forum on Senior issues with State Senator Laurie Monnes Anderson and Gresham Firefighter Greg Matthews, HD50 candidate. Come and share your opinions on what matters most to East County Seniors. To reserve your place, please contact Andy Darkins at 503.665.5861.

Gresham Manor Retirement Resort (map)
2895 SE Powell Valley Rd.
Gresham, OR

Willamette Women Dems host Gen. Tony McPeak

Start: Oct 9 2008 - 4:00pm
End: Oct 9 2008 - 6:00pm

Willamette Women Dems' Speakers' Forum hosts General Tony McPeak, national speaker for the Barack Obama campaign. The event is open to the public, tkts $12 for members, $14 public, reservations made to Patricia Rovainen, 503.656.4445. Light refreshments served. For further info, email Nancy Murray, or call her at 503.635.6456.

Oswego Lake Country Club (map)
20 Iron Mountain Blvd.
Lake Oswego, OR

Canvass Kick-Off with Sen. Ron Wyden

Start: Oct 11 2008 - 10:00am
End: Oct 11 2008 - 12:30pm

Join Sen. Ron Wyden to put Jeff Merkley over the top! It is time Oregon had TWO senators who put working Oregonians' interests ahead of special corporate interests! Please call 541.686.3504, or email kim@forwardoregon.org if you have any questions.

Forward Oregon Lane Coordinated Campaign HQ (map)
1178 High St.
Eugene, OR

LWV Corvallis Candidate Forum

Start: Oct 14 2008 - 7:00pm
End: Oct 14 2008 - 9:00pm

This moderated forum will feature all Benton CO candidates for the OR Legislature.

Corvalis Public Library (map)
645 NW Munroe Ave.
Corvallis, OR

thanks for your post stoney girl.

can you tell me what these meetings have to do with Cannabis?

we only promote Cannabis related events and meetings here.

thanks for your support!

These are opportunities to talk to candiates about SB 465 and build more opposition to it in the Senate as well as to advance drug policy change. I'm urging OR NORML & THCF members to educate candidates about OCTA and dispensary advocates to discuss I-28. I'm urging both groups to tell candidates to oppose discrimination in the workplace.

I'd like to see the marijuana community be an active force in election cycles, instead of waiting until after the election to see what we get stuck with. I'm urging everyone to get to know their candidates and to support candidates who can persuaded to support us.

When we showed up at the OHFB, Elvy & my husband and I made marijuana part of the discussion because it rightly should have been part of the discussion in the first place. My hope is that by posting these events here that they will reach the kind of people we need to come and talk to these candidates about drug policy reform.

Oregon's medical marijuana program has been extremely successful with over 22,000 patients registered. But the downside to this success has been a constant barrage of attacks from LEO, drug prevention advocates, and conservatives.

We need more activists talking to our legislators when they are running for election, and at their Committee and Board meetings, not just when the legislature is in session. My goal is to make marijuana an issue in the Oregon election.

We have a lot of work to do here with sb 465 expected to pass this year. But then again, they were shocked that we beat it back the last 2 times. You know Dan Harmon didn't take the summer off.

Back
Top Bottom