Getting clawing and tip burn with less then 1ml/g of GH micro

GodtyrLoki

Hey guys, I'm growing in coco/perlite (50/50) using the H3ad formula scaled down as my girls seem to be sensitive

I'm in flowering (week 4) atm which usually requires 4ml GH micro per gallon and 10ml of GH bloom per gallon and 1.5ml of cal mag per gallon I'm doing this into 2 gallons as my girls seem to be sensitive so essentially 0.5 micro and 5 bloom per gallon ... and even at 1ml micro per gallon, I am seeing signs of nitrogen toxicity and tip burn ... (I am just about to start with the liquid koolbloom as well)

I have flushed the medium with 2x 400 ppm feeds in a row last night with some more manually poured in to make sure I'm not getting dry spots or w/e as my watering setup is automatic with rings in the pots distributing the water .. I water till 30% run off at least 2 times every day ... I actually did 2 days with zero micro at all and the plants didn't really change too much.

My PH is 5.8-6.0 and I feed twice a day at around 650 ppm ... run off ppm seems to be about 750/800 and run off ph seems to be around 6.3

Is it possible to just drop the micro completely

my lights are 2x 450 watt full spectrum LED's in a 2.5x2.5 tent that runs at around 25-degree Celsius at around 55% humidity I have a Horticulture Lighting Group HLG V2 135 Watt Quantum Board DIY LED Grow Light Kit × 1 coming today or tomorrow (been on backorder so long lol )

It has been a while since I ran the gh series, but 10 ml of the bloom seems high. But you said the ppm is 750-800, so that is about right.
Are they sitting in saucers and are you getting rid of the runoff? That can cause the claw with those nutes/water sitting in the root zone and keeping the o2 out. What is the temp of your water?
Post a pict

My plants are in fabric pots raised in the air on grated trays for airflow, they do not sit in any runoff ever as the runoff goes through the grates into the trays under them.. pictures of the leaves below ... I forgot to mention that I run the 1ml/10ml into 2 gallons, not one so essentially its 0.5/5 per gallon ... water temp is usually 24-27 degrees Celcius

20190401_124249.jpg
20190401_124259.jpg
20190401_124316.jpg
20190401_124413.jpg
20190401_124244.jpg

Pics in Natural light is best

How close are they to that light, looks like it's touching, she looks really stressed

Should be about 16" away at least

Pics in Natural light is best

How close are they to that light, looks like it's touching, she looks really stressed

Should be about 16" away at least
That is what I am thinking. They look like they are too close and and the leaves can’t transpire. I would raise that led. Everything else looks good

yeah in the last 2 days some of the guys have shot for the sky and are almost touching the light ... I didn't worry too much because I didn't see any light burn or anything like that ... but I'm running out of room height wise I did not expect them to stretch so tall as I flipped them at 32 days ... and they have almost tripled in size since then which I did not think would happen with an indica strain

I get my quantum board tomorrow and will actually be dropping the plants a few inches as well and the quantum board should be able to sit much higher then these current lights

the plants are pretty much sitting on the floor just some grates under them and the board is as high as it goes ... if she keeps showing signs of stress ill turn the light down a bit .. I have also turned the pot so that tall boi is on the outa side instead of directly under the lights

I have another 450w blurple with IR and UV in there with the QB as well, will this be overkill you reckon ?

Back
Top Bottom