Getting Freaky With Mars Hydro And The FC3000

Day 33
I did some minimal training the other day and ordered some fabric containers for their next transplant.
Most will be finishing in 3 gallons - Which is a little smaller than usual but the plan is to flower them early on...
Likely by the middle of July at the latest. One will need to finish in a 2 gallon because the bags came in a pack of 5.

There's rabbits that run around here and cause mischief so the plants have to stay elevated.
Yes, I've had a plant chomped down before. But anyway, here's the outdoor ladies.

20220615_144916.jpg

20220615_144849.jpg

20220615_145002.jpg

The ladies inside are running out of room but I should have my tent setup by next week.
20220615_145349.jpg

Thanks for stopping in.
Looking good Buddy :goodjob: That last pic, she is showing some freaky serrations on her leaves! Nice and healthy!!

I'm still convinced it might be a male. It's the lankiest of the bunch. I guess we have to wait and see. Hopefully they throw some preflowers in the next few weeks and I'll know before the flip. I looked into it a bit and @Braddah Waiheesohai was right... It's apparently rare to see any mutations in the F1 crosses so it's cool to see any serrations at all.

I'm still convinced it might be a male. It's the lankiest of the bunch. I guess we have to wait and see. Hopefully they throw some preflowers in the next few weeks and I'll know before the flip. I looked into it a bit and @Braddah Waiheesohai was right... It's apparently rare to see any mutations in the F1 crosses so it's cool to see any serrations at all.
Fingers crossed that she is a girl!! It will be really interesting to see how she turns out :goodluck::popcorn:

Day 33
I did some minimal training the other day and ordered some fabric containers for their next transplant.
Most will be finishing in 3 gallons - Which is a little smaller than usual but the plan is to flower them early on...
Likely by the middle of July at the latest. One will need to finish in a 2 gallon because the bags came in a pack of 5.

There's rabbits that run around here and cause mischief so the plants have to stay elevated.
Yes, I've had a plant chomped down before. But anyway, here's the outdoor ladies.

20220615_144916.jpg

20220615_144849.jpg

20220615_145002.jpg

The ladies inside are running out of room but I should have my tent setup by next week.
20220615_145349.jpg

Thanks for stopping in.
Your ladies look beautiful out in the sun.
I'll never be able to catch up with you.
Hope everything is going great my friend. :ciao:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Thanks @Bill284, with all the stuff you've been through you really deserve some success.
There's plenty of time to catch up still and by August I'm sure your outdoor ladies will be huge.
Don't let the bugs or weather discourage you. Good luck my friend. :peace:

Thanks @Bill284, with all the stuff you've been through you really deserve some success.
There's plenty of time to catch up still and by August I'm sure your outdoor ladies will be huge.
Don't let the bugs or weather discourage you. Good luck my friend. :peace:
Thanks Regrowth , thanks.
I'll do my best to catch up.
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

I put the tent together tonight with it laying down with the door facing up while standing inside of it.
I ended up stuck in there and there wasn't enough room to flip it on it's side. :laughtwo:
Thankfully there's windows on the side of the older 4x4 tents, @Mars Hydro.
I managed to unzip one of them and crawl out.

Unboxing the FC3000.

The packaging was discreet which is appreciated.
The box had the model number on it but was still inconspicuous.
The spacing of the bars was changed a bit and now the driver can be shipped in the middle of the unit.
It was well packaged and is a beautiful light overall. Here's what was in the box.

20220626_182333.jpg

1x FC3000
1x Driver and mount
1x Cord for daisy chaining
1x Power cord
1x User Manual
2x Ratchet hangars
2x Metal hangars
4x Screws for the driver mount

Like I mentioned before, the diodes and diode spacing were tweaked slightly in comparison to the earlier models;
There's now three diodes per lane instead of two and the light distribution near the corners has been improved.
20220626_181737.jpg

20220626_193409.jpg

Here's some more information about the light from the sponsor's website.

MARS HYDRO FC3000 SAMSUNG LM301B 300W LED GROW LIGHT​

Mars-Hydro-LED-Grow-Light-FC3000-A1.png

High PPFD Output and Even PAR Distribution:
The multi-light bar design and the dense distribution of the grow light chips facilitate an even distribution of PAR. Optimal PPFD values for plant growth are achieved in every corner of the effective coverage area.

Exclusive Design of the Spectrum:
The full spectrum is enhanced with blue and red light. The rich blue light promotes plant growth and the abundant red light improves the yield and quality of the plants.

Daisy Chain Dimming Feature:
Dimming from 10 to 100% depending on the growth stage of the plant, while saving on electricity costs. The daisy chain can be connected to 30 lights at the same time from one master light.

Fast Heat Dissipation:
The wave-shaped heat sink dissipates heat quickly allowing cool operation.

DLC Certified and 5 Years Warranty:
DLC-certified LED grow lights are high quality and efficient, meeting the highest standards in the industry. No need to worry about any quality issues, the 5-year warranty, and local repair provide excellent after-sales service.

Click here to read more...

I've always been impressed with their products.
I can't wait to put it to use.
Here it is hanging in the 4x4 @Mars Hydro tent.
20220626_193303.jpg

Mars-Hydro-LED-Grow-tent1.png
Mars-Hydro-LED-Grow-tent2.png

Snapped a few limbs. It's all part of the process.

20220628_133226.jpg

20220628_133257.jpg

Get down! Get down!
20220628_140957.jpg

This is for @Trala and @Carcass, something to look out for when training with these kabob sticks.
Nearly all of the skewers have mold growing on them.
In some cases even near the top away from the wetness of the soil.

20220626_202020.jpg

It even managed to spread to a few of the leaves and wipe them out. It might be worth investing in metal ones.

20220626_202255.jpg

Hi Regrowth :)

Mould spores are microscopic and are everywhere all the time. Conditions are what make them flourish. Damp and warm is what those spores love best. During our wet summer I had wooden kebab sticks go mouldy in their plastic bag! What is your humidity in your tent?

This was my state over a month ago.

Fuck you mould spores!

The plants were a bit overcrowded under the ts600 until I got the tent setup; Ideal conditions for mold I guess.
I had some on my skewers during the last grow but nothing to this extent. You had it in their bag? oof lol.
Metal or bamboo would be preferable I guess. At least I think bamboo is mold resistant.

The plants were a bit overcrowded under the ts600 until I got the tent setup; Ideal conditions for mold I guess.
I had some on my skewers during the last grow but nothing to this extent. You had it in their bag? oof lol.
Metal or bamboo would be preferable I guess. At least I think bamboo is mold resistant.
Yeah, the bag was opened.

I had a layer of mould on the wooden lid of a store jar in there too.

I’m so lucky my plants weren’t effected. Or slightly effected. The zkittkes called Sunny had a bit of rot which is why I harvested her early.

Rather than be scared by mould, I examine conditions coz like I said, those spores are everywhere just waiting for conditions to bring them to visible life.

Day 55

I transplanted the other day but was lazy and drenched the plants with plain water instead of feeding them properly. They basically got flushed and I knew that was a bad idea; Yellow leaves, brown spotting and purple stems... Yep, pretty sure that's a calmag issue. I hadn't supplemented any at all throughout the grow so it should've been expected. Now they're all overwatered but hopefully on the path to recovery. The MAC1 in the back was hit the hardest.

Front Left: MAC1 x FS
Back Left: MAC1 x FS
Front Right: Strawberry Cheese Fondue x FS
Back Right: Original Skunk x FS

20220707_191538.jpg

I broke a few tops this week doing the LST but they're starting to shape up nicely.
Here's the plant that I feel has the best canopy of the bunch. The Strawberry Cheese Fondue...
The one outside looks pretty similar so I would say that the strain just trains well.
20220707_190200.jpg

I was hoping to sex the plants before flipping them but I still haven't spotted any vulvas or nut sacks.
I always make the mistake of overcrowding my tent so I'll be flowering them in the next few days.
Smaller is better if it means less trimming and finishing the grow before October. I'll either light dep the two outside or bring them over if / when I weed out some males in the tent.

Day 55

I transplanted the other day but was lazy and drenched the plants with plain water instead of feeding them properly. They basically got flushed and I knew that was a bad idea; Yellow leaves, brown spotting and purple stems... Yep, pretty sure that's a calmag issue. I hadn't supplemented any at all throughout the grow so it should've been expected. Now they're all overwatered but hopefully on the path to recovery. The MAC1 in the back was hit the hardest.

Front Left: MAC1 x FS
Back Left: MAC1 x FS
Front Right: Strawberry Cheese Fondue x FS
Back Right: Original Skunk x FS

20220707_191538.jpg

I broke a few tops this week doing the LST but they're starting to shape up nicely.
Here's the plant that I feel has the best canopy of the bunch. The Strawberry Cheese Fondue...
The one outside looks pretty similar so I would say that the strain just trains well.
20220707_190200.jpg

I was hoping to sex the plants before flipping them but I still haven't spotted any vulvas or nut sacks.
I always make the mistake of overcrowding my tent so I'll be flowering them in the next few days.
Smaller is better if it means less trimming and finishing the grow before October. I'll either light dep the two outside or bring them over if / when I weed out some males in the tent.
Hell Man, just put them all outside under the Summer Sunshine for as many hours a day as you can! Then back inside the tent for 12 hrs. I bet ya they perck up with a fresh Summer Breeze and Light!!

Hell Man, just put them all outside under the Summer Sunshine for as many hours a day as you can! Then back inside the tent for 12 hrs. I bet ya they perck up with a fresh Summer Breeze and Light!!
I was thinking the exact same thing!

Corrupted Great minds think alike ;)

I changed the light schedule the other day. Today is Day 3 of bloom.

I had a poke around the tent today; The freaky one that I swore was a male has some pistils showing.
That was the one that ended up in the 1 gallon container - whereas the others went into 3 gallons.
I could do an emergency transplant into a 5g with some recycled soil from my last grow.
But I'm not sure if it's worth disturbing her at this point. Not sure about the others yet.

I changed the light schedule the other day. Today is Day 3 of bloom.

I had a poke around the tent today; The freaky one that I swore was a male has some pistils showing.
That was the one that ended up in the 1 gallon container - whereas the others went into 3 gallons.
I could do an emergency transplant into a 5g with some recycled soil from my last grow.
But I'm not sure if it's worth disturbing her at this point. Not sure about the others yet.
Do it Buddy, Transplant her carefully!! You will thank yourself later!! :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom