Getting Freaky With Mars Hydro And The FC3000

Hey Regrowth!

Wow those plants are looking healthy and just gorgeous :adore:

Are you planning on keeping or storing any of the male pollen? If so, how are you doing it? I'll be collecting my first bit of pollen soon (and making my first crosses), so I'm genuinely curious.

My family owns two cottage properties so in the summertime I can grow a few extra plants legally.
But back home, to stay within the legal limit, I can't see myself being able to breed.
I've brought this up before, but I feel like the laws should've counted veg plants separately (or even not at all).
They're comparable to hemp! But good luck breeding, cloning or keeping mothers around with a four plant limit.
And I can't see myself growing non feminized seeds again anytime soon.
It's a shame since I was given so many of these crosses to try out and wanted to find some freaks.
It's a bit of a joke really and just goes to show how little the legislators understand the plant.

Those strawberry cheese fondue plants were beautiful but all the males ended up dismembered and buried.
If everything goes according to plan then I'll grab few clones from my buddies when it's time to start my next run.
I gifted someone some cuttings a few months back, so hopefully I can get a couple of them back.
Or maybe I'll just take a break for a bit and work on emptying my stash... Probably not though lol.

Is this your best grow to date? Coz I feel like it’s the best I’ve seen you grow since joining.

I’m so super pleased for you!
I appreciate the flattery. The best grow I had since joining was the GSC and MOAB run IMO.

Apart from the leaf serrations, they kind of bubble out a bit.
I'll try to show you what I mean next time I grab some pictures.

Day 35

MAC1 #2

20220812_185304.jpg
20220812_185241.jpg

Here's some of that trichome goodness. Even the fan leaves are getting caked.
20220812_185346.jpg

20220812_185408.jpg

MAC1 #1
20220812_190608.jpg

20220812_190430.jpg

Seems like a mag deficiency... Noticed it a few weeks ago but I thought that bumping the MC up would fix it. It did not.
20220812_190402.jpg

Day 35

MAC1 #2

20220812_185304.jpg
20220812_185241.jpg

20220812_185346.jpg

20220812_185408.jpg

MAC1 #1
20220812_190608.jpg

20220812_190430.jpg

Seems like a mag deficiency... Noticed it a few weeks ago but I thought that bumping the MC up would fix it. It did not.
20220812_190402.jpg
Wow that is some Crazy Amazing trichome coverage on those big fan leaves!! You can now without a doubt Say that Yes, Fan leaves are smokable!!!:D I not totally sure about your last picture my friend. It does kinda look like maybe a cal/mag issue. But again. I don't grow the same medium as you. So wish my stoned ass could be of more help :passitleft:

Either way Your ladies are looking Absolutely Beautiful!! :bravo::headbanger:!!

Wow that is some Crazy Amazing trichome coverage on those big fan leaves!! You can now without a doubt Say that Yes, Fan leaves are smokable!!!:D I not totally sure about your last picture my friend. It does kinda look like maybe a cal/mag issue. But again. I don't grow the same medium as you. So wish my stoned ass could be of more help :passitleft:

Either way Your ladies are looking Absolutely Beautiful!! :bravo::headbanger:!!
Thanks man. They're all covered. I'll be throwing a few fan leaves in my trim pile, don't know about smoking them lol.
Without a few of each phenotype I can't really be sure, but maybe the newer light on the right helps a bit more with trichome production. They did tweak the spectrum a bit. I was thinking maybe if I swap the two plants in the back I might find out. And bout the calmag, I'm always afraid the extra nitrogen might mess something up so I try alternating when I add it. But that one plant wants more of it. And If I'm totally off on it being a mag issue that's fine too but seems like it.

Day 35

MAC1 #2

20220812_185304.jpg
20220812_185241.jpg

20220812_185346.jpg

20220812_185408.jpg

MAC1 #1
20220812_190608.jpg

20220812_190430.jpg

20220812_190402.jpg
Hey Regrowth, hope you are well my friend. :ciao:
Garden looks great, Frosty.:bravo:
@InTheShed has experienced similar issues with MC I believe.
He suggested adding something and I don't want to say as I'm not 100% sure.
Hopefully he can drop in and give us a hand.
He helped GDP with a similar issue I believe.
Hey Shed hope you are well my friend.
Any suggestions to perk her up?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Sorry to have missed @Bill284's tag on Saturday but it was a busy weekend! The problem that I always found with MC in flower was that the lowers would yellow because of the low N in the ratio. On top of the high K there's the high Ca. So when you try to bump the nitrogen you end up with Ca and K toxicity locking out other nutes.

I helped Grand Daddy Black with his issue by recommending 5.5g MC and 1g magnesium nitrate, which luckily he had on hand. Later he said:
BTW, @InTheShed's advice about giving the MC-fed plant a little magnesium nitrate was spot on. The Black Domina clone (front right) now has the fewest yellowing leaves in the tent!

Sorry, Shed. Was eating dinner.
I'm about an hour from civilization so having things on hand would've been great.
I do have some epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) and calmag. No magnesium nitrate though.

Their last feeding was 25g / 16L MC with 15-20ml of calmag.
That works out to 1.56/L, where the max recommended is 1.59g.
But before that I was only giving about 24g and no calmag at all.
Just a bit about 2 weeks prior and none really throughout veg.
I mix nutrients in a 5 gallon bucket so numbers get fudged a bit occasionally.
It's just the one plant having issues, the others seem happy and healthy.
I grabbed a few photos incase it's helpful.

20220815_164229.jpg

20220815_164242.jpg

20220815_164330.jpg

The problem with calmag when you need nitrogen is it's adding a lot more Ca as well, which you probably don't need with MC.
I'm about an hour from civilization so having things on hand would've been great.
There's an Amazon for that! Or a feed store might carry it if they have fertilizer.
I do have some epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) and calmag. No magnesium nitrate though.
That will bump the magnesium and the sulfur! It won't add any nitrogen though.

I appreciate it Shed. Just trying to avoid a boat ride and trip to town.
I'll lay off the calmag though and just try the epsom salt.
Can I maybe add some stove ashes or coffee to get the extra nitrogen? Is that right?

Coffee might be nitrogen but I think that wood ash doesn't have any.

"Add coffee grounds directly to the soil in your garden. You can scratch it into the top couple inches of soil, or just sprinkle the grounds on top and leave it alone. In smaller amounts, especially when mixed with dry materials, coffee grounds will give up their nitrogen. Used coffee grounds are actually nearly neutral in pH, so they shouldn't cause concerns about their acidity. Be careful not to use too many coffee grounds or pile them up. The small particles can lock together, creating a water resistant barrier in your garden."

I wish they would get some smaller bags stocked on the 'zon.
I don't want to have to order a few years worth of nutes.
Especially if there's something better that comes around.
I've got enough to finish this grow but maybe not for another afterwards.
1teaspoon per gallon for the mag sulfate?

Back
Top Bottom