Getting Freaky With Mars Hydro And The FC3000

Someone hooked me up with some F1 crosses they made. I'll be growing the following

Genetics:
2x Strawberry Cheese Fondue x Freakshow
2x Original Skunk x Freakshow
2x MAC1 x Freakshow

Freakshow-img.jpg

The mutation didn't really express itself in the seeds I germinated. I thought the one below was going to be freaky but by the 2nd set of nodes it seemed to be growing normally. It's unfortunate but hopefully I'll find some freaks another time. I've got plenty of these seeds and crosses to play with. The seeds aren't feminized so there's always a chance for a few males too.

20220519_142322.jpg

I have 3 plants outdoors on our adjacent property and I have 3 basking beneath the TS600 which fits perfectly into a small cabinet. It's a great little light to start plants with and they love it. Assuming things go as planned then the female plants will be moved into a 4'x4' from @Mars Hydro and flowered with the FC3000. If there's any hiccups then they'll just finish outdoors.

Day 18
They're all waiting to be transplanted and topped in the next few days.
20220531_134457.jpg

DOB: Friday the 13th :thedoubletake:
Lighting: Mars Hydro TS600 and FC3000
Environment: Mars Hydro 4'x4' grow tent
Medium: Promix HP
Nutrients: MC

The FC3000 is a beast and is the light I use in my 4'x4' back home. It does an awesome job even in the larger than recommended area. I purchased one when they were first released and I was recently gifted another in a giveaway. They've changed the diode count, distribution and tweaked the spectrum slightly so it'll be interesting to see what's changed. I may run both side by side for comparison.

Here's some more information about the lighting.

mars-hydro-led-grow-light-fc-3000-2.jpg
mars-hydro-fc-led-grow-light-daisy-chain_1.jpg
mars-hydro-fc-3000-led-grow-light-2_2.jpg
mars-hydro-fc-3000-led-grow-light-3_1.jpg

I'm not going to bother tagging anyone right now.
Everyone is welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

:passitleft:

Someone hooked me up with some F1 crosses they made. I'll be growing the following

Genetics:
2x MAC1 x Freakshow

Freakshow-img.jpg

The mutation didn't really express itself in the seeds I germinated. I thought the one below was going to be freaky but by the 2nd set of nodes it seemed to be growing normally. It's unfortunate but hopefully I'll find some freaks another time. I've got plenty of these seeds and crosses to play with. The seeds aren't feminized so there's always a chance for a few males too.

20220519_142322.jpg

I have 3 plants outdoors on our adjacent property and I have 3 basking beneath the TS600 which fits perfectly into a small cabinet. It's a great little light to start plants with and they love it. Assuming things go as planned then the female plants will be moved into a 4'x4' from @Mars Hydro and flowered with the FC3000. If there's any hiccups then they'll just finish outdoors.

Day 18
20220531_134457.jpg

The FC3000 is a beast and is the light I use in my 4'x4' back home. It does an awesome job even in the larger than recommended area. I purchased one when they were first released and I was recently gifted another in a giveaway. They've changed the diode count, distribution and tweaked the spectrum slightly so it'll be interesting to see what's changed. I may run both side by side for comparison.

Hey Mucker. :ciao:
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Looks Awesome so far Buddy!! Ya never know, maybe 1 will Expresss the Freakshow genes later in growth!! Fingers crossed, it could happen. You will prosper wi them I'm Certain!! ;)

That Mars hydro light will do the trick, I'm sure of that!! :bongrip::popcorn::popcorn:

I'll tag along.

Day 21

I topped the plants and found a few pots for their transplant. I'm just waiting for the bugs to buzz off...

Check out the little meristems.
20220602_223123.jpg

For the ladies outside, I just drilled a few drainage holes in some pots from the dollar store.
20220603_150651.jpg

And here they are... the other three.
20220603_150507.jpg

The odd one is in the middle... Maybe not a full on mutation but there's still some weirdness with the leaves.
20220602_222008.jpg

20220603_150521.jpg

I've been wanting to do a freakshow grow for a minute! I believe the freaky genes are recessive, I bet if you back-cross that middle one the next generation would be freakier.

I wish I chatted more with the guy who hooked me up. We don't speak that often.
It would've been nice to know which of the crosses showed the mutation when he grew them out.
I know the MAC1 did (that's the odd one above) because he found a male and did a second set of crosses with it.

{ Strawberry Cheese Fondue x Freakshow } x { MAC1 x Freakshow }
{ Original Skunk x Freakshow } x { MAC1 x Freakshow }

My understanding of breeding is pretty limited.
I wasn't sure if the second set would be more or less likely to express the fs trait.
There's plenty of seeds and crosses to try though.

I notice a bit of leaf curl on a few of the plants. I'm wondering if that's something that got passed down. The three that are outside were the tallest of the bunch and I know it's not always the case but I figured they may be males. It might be fun to collect some pollen.

I was just looking at a freakshow, Australian bastard cannabis cross and the breeder said further back crossing should bring out more of the freakish traits. I've used a silver thiosulfate kit from 420 mendo or something like that to make fem seeds and it was dead simple. Maybe give it a try?
seedstash.jpg

I was just looking at a freakshow, Australian bastard cannabis cross and the breeder said further back crossing should bring out more of the freakish traits. I've used a silver thiosulfate kit from 420 mendo or something like that to make fem seeds and it was dead simple. Maybe give it a try?
seedstash.jpg
Blew my mind ...... That's a ridiculous big seed collection.... Are any of them yours? Like home made cross that seeded?

Blew my mind ...... That's a ridiculous big seed collection.... Are any of them yours? Like home made cross that seeded?
All the ziplock baggies are fems that I made. Preservation of some of my wife's favorites, and a bunch of stuff crossed with a purple skunk dawg clone I had that was awesome. My clone guy moved away and gifted me a bunch of strains and I don't have the space or patience to keep a bunch of mother's alive so I chucked that pollen! These are from 2 consecutive seed runs I did before finding this awesome site.

I almost ordered some colloidal silver the other day but I keep reading that STS is more successful at making pollen...
Seems cs is cheap and relatively easy to make if you have some silver and batteries laying around. Apparently people manage to reverse with it but end up with very little pollen. I didn't check yet but I'm guessing the mendo spray is expensive? Anyway, reversals are for sure something I want to try out. I wouldn't mind running some S1s of a few things or even making a few feminized crosses just for fun. Would be cool to see how uniform the clone onlys are that I had a while ago. Bet if the S1s were uniform buddy keeping the mothers wouldn't be. @Braddah Waiheesohai, any idea if Drunken Bastard is real? Been eyeing that one for a bit now but been skeptical because I haven't really seen it around. It seems 'ABC' isn't a myth though like some people kept claiming lol.

I tried the colloidal silver and couldn't get it to work, wasted months. The sts kit from twenty 20 mendo is $35, and is plenty to do several runs. A friend and I grew out a bunch of ducks foot and abc outdoors maybe 10 years ago, it was fun, but I didn't particularly enjoy the smoke.

IMG_20191009_170523.jpg

Supposedly this is drunken bastard, and I found a site that sells the seeds... But that purple looks photoshopped a bit which kinda sketches me out.

Genetics:
2x MAC1 x Freakshow

Freakshow-img.jpg

20220519_142322.jpg

Day 18
20220531_134457.jpg

Bro the leaves on the first picture you show looks like damn tomato plants. Besides the buds of course

Day 33
I did some minimal training the other day and ordered some fabric containers for their next transplant.
Most will be finishing in 3 gallons - Which is a little smaller than usual but the plan is to flower them early on...
Likely by the middle of July at the latest. One will need to finish in a 2 gallon because the bags came in a pack of 5.

There's rabbits that run around here and cause mischief so the plants have to stay elevated.
Yes, I've had a plant chomped down before. But anyway, here's the outdoor ladies.

20220615_144916.jpg

20220615_144849.jpg

20220615_145002.jpg

The ladies inside are running out of room but I should have my tent setup by next week.
20220615_145349.jpg

Thanks for stopping in.

Back
Top Bottom