Getting Ready 4 Blue Skys

Blue Sky

I restarted my garden on 21Feb after a complete overhaul.
My endeavor started with 3 clones, A gift from a dear friend and a pill container of seeds from some average to good med.

My goal is to have 45 to 50 healthy girls to spread out over the hills. I never put all my girls in the same hotel.

I started by wrapping the whole area in reflective bubble wrap to help with environmental.

Lighting is 1 240 led veg, 1 240 led veg/bloom and a 180 try band UFO

I use a hi lo weather center to track conditions since i don't live in the garden.

I have sorted and planted the seeds using farmers 50 trays and a bur-pee dome i have had for years. 50 at a time about a week apart.

I keep the humidity a little hi in the beginning because i use a electric heater to keep the temp correct.

The garden is under my staircase and is 6'x6' and 1' up to about 5'. Its a staircase what can i say.

I use 2 fans one is a oscillating tower 3' tall and the other is a 5' round.

I use MG potting soil 50 lb bag with 2 lbs of per-lite and 1 lb of vermiculite. It has always done fine in the past.

When transplanted to the hotels I auger holes 1/3 larger than a 5 gal bucket and fill it with the same mix.

16 March 2011

My latest adventure into my garden has revealed the need to trans plant many of my seedlings and adjust my lighting. LED's are completely different than the MH and HPS i have used in the past. I must find the proper distance as my clones have become bleached and the seedling stretched. I believe with proper adjustment things will come batch under control. As far as transplanting i am using Kegger cups with 4 holes drilled in the bottom, Kabob sticks with twistys from the produce department to train the baby's.This in side stuff is way to complicated. but a gardener must due when the rewards are sooooooo sweet. My tomatoes and lettis are more accommodating to my lack of experience.

I believe that the transition to real sunlight will be much shorter this year by using the full spectrum of light. Any suggestions on this subject would be appreciated.

I almost forgot to include the CO2 part of the room. I'm trying to keep it around 600 ppm for now. Will be ramping it up shortly. Hopefully the transition to natural environment won't screw them up. Any input on this?

I haven't really searched the forums to see if anyone other than myself dose this method. I did read the "Closet Cultivator" several times. Great book and lots of info but dose not deal with LED's or transition growing. I just love the taste of a good out door grown med. Like my tomatoes the stuff grown inside is wonderful but i think it just lacks the tinge of wild you get from birds pooping on your plants or the bee's visiting it could be the bug crap or MAYBE IN MY HEAD.
( I don't need input on that subject LMFAO

18 march 20011

took advantage of a nicer day and trans planted 27 seedlings. and started 75 moor seeds. A total of 80 beautiful plants as of last night and my seedling goal is within reach. My next objective is to sex them and start cloning the kush & diesel girls for a better selection of meds. i may even select a male or two to provide stud service in a garden or two. There are a few that I believe are males and I have marked them to see if i am correct. At only three weeks they are very impressive.

Sorry folk. Real life caught up to me and it was a matter of choice how i have been spending my time. The garden has been tweaked a little and i will explain with pics latter.

Here we go. Some pic for the hungry eyes.

Had to supplement the LEDs with HPS. 600 watts of LED just wasn't cutting it. So I'm running HPS on a 12/12 at first maybe more if i like what i see. Again any thoughts?

simcard_022.jpg

simcard_023.jpg

simcard_024.jpg

CD
I'm north of the Mason - Dixon, They will stretch and show sex within a few weeks of going outside, Not part of the original plan but should go back into veg with little time. I have always tried to remain flexible with plans. Life is what happens wile making plans;)

Oh by the way all 108 holes are auger-ed and filled with 50% potting,10% per-light, 10% vermiculite, 30% soil or as close as i can get. Stationed along a 6 mile trail 25 yards off. I walk it daily and NEVER see a soul not even on my trail cams.

Over the past week i managed to get all the plants in pots or cups. I removed many of the training wheels form them. Reduced the light to 18/6 to promote stem growth and turned the fans on HIGH. lmfao. Robins have arrived so nice weather isn't far behind. Cant wait for the warming mother to arrive 4 Me not the plants. The aches and pains are off the hook.
)

Hi mate,

Go to your gallery and open the pics you want to post.

Below the pic is a link. Cut and paste with the [ IMG ] tags either side.

If you go to my journal and quote one of the posts I have with pics it should help you see what I mean.

Hope that helps.

The weather is looking good for the next few days mid 60's so i will start out side conditioning. 5 @ a time.

I had discovered my first male 2day:( He was a strong and ballsy fella hidden in the back of my little chunk of paradise. I'm guessing an auto flower strain cause lighting is still on 18 / 6 . SOOOOON my little beauty's SOOOOON!

Back
Top Bottom