Getting ready for my outdoor grow, here is my arsenal so far, feedback please

pointer80

hey all, I am a long time organic gardener and first time canna grower and I will be growing my plants in the ground along with my other crops. Over the last few years I have been building my garden spot with llama manure, compost I make and I mulch with cardboard, old straw and aged shredded leaves and then till everything in(eventually I want to go completely no till). Here is my material arsenal that I have gathered up this year to help in my grow: 5 yrds of llama manure to spread on garden before planting, about a yard of my compost that has been sitting since last year, which I will put into my holes(also starting to make more now), half of truck load of rabbit manure, also some alfalfa meal, kelp meal, bag of malted barley, comfrey plants, shredded leaves aged from last fall, couple bales of old somewhat decomposed straw. I also have access to a nice supply of aged sheep,goat and cow manure. I also started some worm bins which is how I want to utilize the rabbit manure and some of the kelp and alfalfa meal for castings. I guess I need to figure out how to best utilize each of these products and what else I need to add like neem meal, rock minerals etc. Any feedback and advice welcomed. Thanks.

I would strongly suggest at the bottom of each hole put about 1/4 full of PH nuteral river rocks about 1/2 in in size. This will ensure that it will drain properly and as a bonus it will let air get to your roots so no chance of root rot. I want to caution you on over hyping your soil. If you put everything you listed in there then the soil will be way to strong and could burn the plant up before it has a chance to grow. Good luck. look forward to some picts later on.

Back
Top Bottom