Getting tested for benzos: Will I pass?

Jazzpurrs

420 Member
My drug test is on Monday, it's a non dot 10 panel with Labcorp.
The only thing I have in my system are benzos, I am prescribed 0.5mgs of xanax once a day as needed for anxiety disorder.

On Thursday, I took one extra because my anxiety was really bad that day so it was 1 mg in my system as of Thursday. I have stopped completely.

What is the half life for xanax in the system?
I am 5'7, 195 lbs.
Took me about a month to be cleared of THC completely.

People are freaking me out, saying that I cant have ANYTHING in my system regardless if I'm prescribed.

I dont know what to do.

Unless you are like a brain surgeon or a jet pilot, bus driver, etc.... I do not believe for a second that you will have any difficulty if you have a prescription---a prescribed med means you are legally taking it. On top of that, is the drug test even looking for benzos? Good Luck!

Definitely understandable, but wouldn't something like Labcorp test the levels of the benzo if positive on drug test?If that's the case, wouldn't they be able to see if I took more than what I was prescribed on one of the days by one pill?
I'm not even sure of the cutoff levels.
People are just telling me that I'm in big trouble even if I do have it in my system.
I work in the medical field, I'm a certified medical assistant.
I was told it was up to the employer whether or not they're a completely drug free office.
It was not specified, the registration says non-dot testing, which I know could be a 5 panel or a 10. It wasn't specified.

I know what it's like when you're worried about a test but in your case, with a prescription, I don't believe anything heavy can happen to you. In my view, even if they're worried about the benzos, the most they can legitimately do is give you the lowdown on their rules, warn you, or whatever. Even if you've been taken more than your script indicates, you can simply say that sometimes you forget if you've taken your meds or not and you've had the experience of taking double on other occasions.

Trust me, I'm on meds for 20 years now and it's very easy to forget on occasion, if I've taken a med or not. Can happen to anyone. Finally I'll say that, worry is the most useless, non-productive, unconstructive thing you can do. Fear is driving the worry. Don't focus on what you fear, what you don't want...bring yourself back and focus always on the things you want. Focus with certainty not hope.

Most drug test test for THC, not sure if benzo has thc in it?

I was being tested regulary some years ago: they tested for all opiates (morphine, heroin, oxy's) as well as speed, and THC. Perhaps they tested for benzos as well, I just didn't hear that from them.

Back
Top Bottom