GG4 - Black Haze - Secret Recipe & OG Kush From Clone Under T5/LED

OGfromthewest

Hello all, I have been growing for about 2 years now and am looking to connect with others in this grow and get some feedback and tips. Maybe we can help each other out! I've been keeping my grows documented for myself, but felt this time around it would be nice to share the journey with others and connect.

So to begin:
I am growing 4 plants from clone
-GG#4 (hybrid)
-OG Kush (indica dom)
-Black Haze (indica dom)
-Secret Recipe (sativa dom)
These are all hand-picked from a supplier of their top clones, all female for sure.
-Daily Watering to run-off as needed, sometimes watered every 24-36hrs
-No pests/bugs as I'm growing indoors
-Standard room temp at 75°F/ Grow area between 75°-83°F on average

Equipment:
-Built-In 8x8x4 grow box
-1x aircooled 4-foot/8-bulb T5 fixture (4red/4blue)
-2x aircooled Mars 2 400w LED (for flower)
-4x 1 gallon basic pots, will move to 5gal air pots soon
-using Coco Coir mix w/perlite and coco chips as my potting medium
-two fans blowing in my grow area
-Canna Coco nutes line (a/b, rhizo, cannazyme, etc)
-reservoir of 10L used, recommended ph of 5.5-6.3 is my preference.

---This journal is being started during week 2 of veg, so I will post what I have done so far in my next post. Looking forward to learning a lot as I have been scrolling thru these forums since I begun my life of a "gardener"

-Cheers to a happy grow and new knowledge! :surf:

re: GG4 - Black Haze - Secret Recipe & OG Kush from Clone under T5/LED

For sure man (or gal, don't won't to discriminate lol). Very much appreciated as I'm all so new to the forums myself. I'm going to post the pics I have up to date in the next 15 minutes or so, just couldn't do it from my phone. This grow has me very excited as my GG4 and Black Haze have taken off like mad!

re: GG4 - Black Haze - Secret Recipe & OG Kush from Clone under T5/LED

Here are a few updates of what has been done so far to date. I am planning to veg for 4-6 weeks and flower for 8-10 weeks depending on how large they become. I have been documenting this grow via the notes app on my phone so this will be the first two weeks of my grow wrapped into one post, and will continue on from there. I had switched the order of the pots around in the first few images so I will do my best at identifying each in these four images, and will make sure they stay in the same order for all images here on out. Here we go!

Day 1:
day130.jpg

Transplanted all 4 plants from their original clone pot into basic 1-gal pots. Filled with a Coco Coir chip mix and perlite. Full feeding of Canna nutes (a+b, cannazyme only) for the first week to let roots get comfortable in their new home.

Day 6:
day612.jpg

Last day of the feeding for this nute cycle, adding rhizotonic to next reservoir. Making sure my ph levels are in the safe zone [5.5-6.3] with my ph modifiers. Super cropped each plant to create new canopies from smaller new growth in the middle of plants, caused all to get bushier as expected. Topped the OG Kush plant because it was growing too tall already.

Day 12:
day137.jpg

Update on the super-crop, gained density in each plant besides the OG Kush, which may have had an improper bend that was too far. Still responded back well and new-growth coming along well.

Day 14:
day149.jpg

Two-week update. Last day of nutes for this resevoir, going with a lighter feeding for this reservoir before transplanting to new 5G air pots.

re: GG4 - Black Haze - Secret Recipe & OG Kush From Clone Under T5/LED

Here is an update from 9/22/15 of the ladies just before they're transplanted into their final homes.

9/22/15
day167.jpg

[from left to right] SR-GG4-Black Haze-OG Kush

Transplant day 9/25/15! Excited to move these into 5G airpots as well as 4G basic pots. I am going to compare the growth of the two pot styles to try and get some pros/cons of the two. I plan on trying out smart pots for my next grow so stick around for that as well

Roots to GG#4. These should have been transplanted a week prior but the root system is very healthy. All plants were rootbound like these.
day19tpd.jpg

Final setup for the next couple of weeks. Black Haze needed another feeding before being transplanted as she was a bit dry. GG#4 and BH will go into the airpots and OG/Secret Recipe will go into the basic 3G pots that will be placed into flower a week before the other 2. Setting up my tent to flower these and will include a 2 400w Mars 2 leds. Not sure if the T5 should be used as well? I have 4 blue and 4 red bulbs running currently in the T5.

day19tpdap.jpg

9/30/15 gave a full feeding last night. Looking to LST once they aren't looking as stressed. :thumb:
day24aps.jpg

Week 4 update, going to be putting up my flowering tent this weekend and slowly move my girls into flower one by one, a few days apart. I will be running Fox Farms Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. Here's my babies over this past week or so.

image863.jpeg
. :rollit::rollit:
Amazing new growth from topping/LST'ing. These girls are ready to flower this weekend. Thinking of cloning from my GG4 before I do that thou. Any feedback? Eh. Probably not. I'll be here until the grow is done. May just go back to Instagram/YouTube as this hasn't been much of an interactive grow.

image862.jpeg

Howdy OG you got some healthy looking plants there for sure. I am still a new grasshopper learning the ways of the force. What does the GG stand for? Subbed with your grow.

Thanks Flame! The GG is Gorilla Glue #4, a hybrid strain. She's my largest plant so far so I am going to flower her a week before the others to catch up on size with the rest. Thanks for stopping in, I will have daily updates now that I'm ready for flowering. :high-five:

Subbed up and will try to be in here as often as I can. Where'd you get your OG from? I'm about to have a few OGs going myself hopefully. Don't give up on here yet. I know the frustration of no one coming in but they will eventually lol. Your plants are growing well. I've been seeing a lot of people using those airpots lately. They seem great to me. Good drainage and helping the roots get more oxygen to help make more roots. Good job sire, and keep up the good work! :thumb:

Looking good, don't give up so soon on this site. Although there may not be allot of people subbed and replying, I am sure you had a few good people read through and if you had any trouble they would help out. The way I see it, if people are not telling you that you are doing something wrong then you are on the right path. The only advice I could offer is to clean up your grow space, you don't want to attract any pests or mildew. Good luck with the grow. That girl on the left is going to be a beauty. Is that the gg?

Thanks OD! I'm definitely loving the growth since moving into the airpots. I've don't a lot of Supercropping along the way and it seems as though they bounce back quicker in the airpots. Setting up the tent this weekend so I will have new pics to begin flower season. Subbed in on your side also, so cheers to happy grows! :high-five:

:thanks:
I can see the views now and they have been going up with the extra comments so I appreciate that. Either way it's nice to have a journal out there to look back on. As for the grow area, I'm planning on moving these into my larger tent this weekend and beginning a new set of ladies in this veg tent. Will post images in my new setup soon!

:thanks:
I can see the views now and they have been going up with the extra comments so I appreciate that. Either way it's nice to have a journal out there to look back on. As for the grow area, I'm planning on moving these into my larger tent this weekend and beginning a new set of ladies in this veg tent. Will post images in my new setup soon!
I agree with you about having something to look back on, my first journal I only had like 2 followers lol. I was a little discouraged too. Iv used that journal a few times to look back and see how growth rate and stretch was to compare with current grows. the few people I did have helping me out offered great advice or had a links to good information. When I started my 2nd journal here I found out about the contests! Plant of the month, nug of the month and so on. These are great ways to get you name out there in the community and you get awesome prizes from the sponsors! Nutrients, pests controls, lights, butter makers and all kinds of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom