GG4 - Black Haze - Secret Recipe & OG Kush From Clone Under T5/LED

Awesome bud. Congrats!!

I've never seen a plant that dark! Absolute beauty.

Gave my OG the good ol chop and she's now hanging for the next few days. She smells like like gas and lemons lol. I'm expecting around 3oz from her once she's dried which isn't the best, but considering it's a Kush plant I expected a smaller yield. The nugs are fully coated with res and I had lots of quality top colas. I'm for sure going to use the air pots on all of my next grow. This plant was in a 4gal hydro pot that I made slits in for drainage, but compared to my plants in the air pots she's definitely lacking the height and would require feelings less often. being in colder temps (62-75°F) during the flower period played a part in lots of the purples on her. Going to make some brownies from the shake and popcorn nugs just in time for Christmas. Still 3 more plants to go before the next grow journal will begin (I have some real nice genetics for the next go round :dreamy: ) here's some shots I took while trimming before my phone got too sticky lol :blunt::allgood::allgood::tommy:

image5446.jpeg
image5445.jpeg

Awesome bud. Congrats!!

I've never seen a plant that dark! Absolute beauty.

Yeah this and my black haze pulled out lots of purple this go round. Going to add an HPS bulb for my next grow to bring the heat up in the tent a bit. All in all some good smoke, and lots of it that I don't have to leave the house to get. :thumb:

Damn dude, how did I miss this. Sorry bud. Congrats on the harvest!!!

Thanks man. Not too impressed by the OG Kush plant. Smelled so good before I chopped her and now it's a weak smell but still sticky and still drying. Probably going to make some wax outta these nugs. I'm a bit confused to why it turned out this way. My only guess would be the Fox Farms line of nutes that I used to flower these girls opposed to the Canna Coco brand that I've used before. Not going to freak out just yet but if my others aren't up to par then it would have to be blamed on the nutes I used. That's the only change I made besides the air pots. Kinda upsetting when you wait so long to harvest and its borderline bammer. One can only get better tho, I guess..

Here's a couple shots from my GG4 and Black Haze (respectively). This would be Day 75 for them, about 5-7 days left of flushing before I'll chop these down and start my next journal. Hoping for a good harvest as my last one was a big disappointment. Interested to hear some harvest/drying/curing techniques that you all have used that have been a success. I'm wondering if I just didn't properly dry them or if it's something else causing it to smell grassy. Should I let her dry up for a few days before harvest? Any advice would be helpful, not looking forward to another disappointing harvest.
image5617.jpeg
image5618.jpeg

Looks great man. I love the color. I have had a few strains that were just very disappointing when it came to taste and smell. Iv also grown diffrant strains side by side with those ones using the exact same feeding, drying and curing method that taste and smell amazing right after drying and only get better over time in the jars. So I am going to have to say it is a genetic thing. Some strains may not carry the smelly tastey genetics and some may need a little longer to cure before they get that taste and smell you are looking for.

My drying and curing method: I wait 12-24 hours of darkness depending on my work schedule. Then cut the main stock before any light is exposed to the plant. I do a full trim on the buds cutting all the fan leaves and sugar leaves off (this gets used for butter).

After the plant is all trimmed down I put the buds on my drying rack, very similar to your for 5 days or so. Sorry I don't really keep track of rh. I just check on them every day squeeze a nug or two, smell them and smoke a small piece to see if it can stay lit or not. I don't like to wait till my stems snap because the buds sometimes feel a little crispy when I wait that long and you can't gt that freshness back once you lose it :) then they go in jars, opening the lids for 10 mins 2 or 3 times a day. Not everyone will agree with my methods but this is what has been working for me. Good luck with everything!

Although i have not tried it yet. Iv read you can add flavor extracts to your flush 3 hours before you harvest and the plant will take in the taste and smell of whatever extract you use. There are alot of flavor extracts that I would like to try out some day. Green apple, orange cream, strawberry, watermelon, chocolate and so on. I have not yet tested this method but it said to work without ill effect on your buds.

Thanks man. Not too impressed by the OG Kush plant. Smelled so good before I chopped her and now it's a weak smell but still sticky and still drying. Probably going to make some wax outta these nugs. I'm a bit confused to why it turned out this way. My only guess would be the Fox Farms line of nutes that I used to flower these girls opposed to the Canna Coco brand that I've used before. Not going to freak out just yet but if my others aren't up to par then it would have to be blamed on the nutes I used. That's the only change I made besides the air pots. Kinda upsetting when you wait so long to harvest and its borderline bammer. One can only get better tho, I guess..

Don't drying buds always lose some of their stink and then get it back when curing?

My Blue Cheese that is currently drying, also doesn't smell as potent as when I chopped her. I'm not concerned though, as previous plants did the same. After about a week of curing, and the smell starts to pop again. Did you quick dry a sample?

Looks great man. I love the color. I have had a few strains that were just very disappointing when it came to taste and smell. Iv also grown diffrant strains side by side with those ones using the exact same feeding, drying and curing method that taste and smell amazing right after drying and only get better over time in the jars. So I am going to have to say it is a genetic thing. Some strains may not carry the smelly tastey genetics and some may need a little longer to cure before they get that taste and smell you are looking for.

My drying and curing method: I wait 12-24 hours of darkness depending on my work schedule. Then cut the main stock before any light is exposed to the plant. I do a full trim on the buds cutting all the fan leaves and sugar leaves off (this gets used for butter).

After the plant is all trimmed down I put the buds on my drying rack, very similar to your for 5 days or so. Sorry I don't really keep track of rh. I just check on them every day squeeze a nug or two, smell them and smoke a small piece to see if it can stay lit or not. I don't like to wait till my stems snap because the buds sometimes feel a little crispy when I wait that long and you can't gt that freshness back once you lose it :) then they go in jars, opening the lids for 10 mins 2 or 3 times a day. Not everyone will agree with my methods but this is what has been working for me. Good luck with everything!

Although i have not tried it yet. Iv read you can add flavor extracts to your flush 3 hours before you harvest and the plant will take in the taste and smell of whatever extract you use. There are alot of flavor extracts that I would like to try out some day. Green apple, orange cream, strawberry, watermelon, chocolate and so on. I have not yet tested this method but it said to work without ill effect on your buds.

Much appreciated DV. I'm thinking she was just still pretty wet from her flush so it's taking a bit longer to fully dry out now that they're in jars. I hung dried for about 3.5 days and then chopped the buds off of the stems and let them sit on a tray for another day or so until they were a little crispy on the outside. That's when I started to jar them but they're still fairly spongy when I burp the jars. I left them open in the jar over night and they're starting to feel and smell better. Going to harvest another one today and just try to perfect my drying/curing process this time. Thanks again brotha! I'll get back with an update of the next harvest sometime tonight

Don't drying buds always lose some of their stink and then get it back when curing?

My Blue Cheese that is currently drying, also doesn't smell as potent as when I chopped her. I'm not concerned though, as previous plants did the same. After about a week of curing, and the smell starts to pop again. Did you quick dry a sample?

Yes I hear what you're saying but it was a bit of a grassy smell that I wasn't anticipating. Left the jars open over night and they have dried out a bit more and feel almost normal. Thinking they were just really wet from being flushed a couple days before harvest. And I did try a quick dried nug in my bong and it's definitely a strong head high and taste well, but the smell isn't nearly as strong as any plant I've grown in recent knowledge even with a quick dry. Would be a good strain to use for butter for that reason

I've got a problem with my drying buds now. They seem dry in just 3.5 days. Not good. Damn...

Harvest Day Part 2! Going to cut down my Black Haze and Secret Recipe today. Will post some nice shots of them later on but for now here's the ladies last upload while still upright. Hoping for some good weight on these and will use better drying/curing techniques

image5772.jpeg
image5771.jpeg
image5770.jpeg

I've never seen a plant as dark as the black haze. She looks delicious. Would love to try that strain.

Excellent work.

Black Haze chopped and she is a Beauty. Darkest strain I've ever handled personally. Anxious about how it smokes. Now I'm chopping down my secret recipe plant for today. Just keeps getting better and better.

image5883.jpeg
image5884.jpeg

That is nug of the month... and it's hard for me to say that because I plan on entering one of the sour chiesel nugs next month.

Back
Top Bottom