GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project
Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese
A Thorough Photo Documented Adventure Into the Use of Colloidal Silver to Produce Genetically Pure Feminized Seed from Clone-Only Strains

Welcome to my new journal! In the following weeks we will be undertaking the task of producing feminized seeds from two separate strains of Cannabis. The primary focus will be on the clone-only version of Ken Estes' genuine GDP strain. We will also be attempting to produce seeds from our only remaining Medicinal Organic Nursery's Blueberry Cheese strain.

We will be using "Granny420's" Step-By-Step CS Project Journal as our guide througout this process.

We have already secured the same brand of Colloidal Silver that was used in the above process...

P1010444.JPG

Here is a review of the three plants that will be used as mothers to produce the cuttings we will need to clone out and then treat with the CS solution and pollenate with the resulting male flowers/pollen.

The three plants immediately after harvest on October 17th
All the growth shown here is existing undergrowth and was later trimmed off leaving only small bud sites where new growth would later emerge

P10103251.JPG

Those three plants today...

P1010430.JPG

GDP #1

P1010431.JPG
P1010432.JPG
P1010433.JPG
P10104341.JPG
P1010435.JPG

GDP #2
More of the old growth was left on this plant to compare the new growth rate. GDP #1 with a more severe pruning has been more agressive with putting out new growth, so as a result, the Blue Cheese plant was trimmed down to just a few bud sites in order to encourage more rapid new growth. This was just done last night, so it will take some time to see results.

P1010445.JPG
P1010446.JPG
P1010447.JPG
P1010448.JPG
P1010438.JPG
P1010437.JPG

Medicinal Organic Nursery Blue Cheese
Unlike Ken's Cut Clone-Only Genuine GDP, this strain is available in seed form, but we do not have any more seeds, so we are going to attempt to produce seeds from this last remaining BC plant using the same CS process.

Old 50/50 growth shown here on October 17th

P1010323.JPG

After trimming...
We discovered some spider mites within all the old growth and decided to remove the majority of it and leave just a few bud sites where we hope new growth will eventually emerge. We expect this Blue Cheese plant will be several weeks behind the two GDPs in terms of cloneable growth, so for the first month or so, our focus will be more directed at the two GDP plants.

P1010440.JPG
P1010441.JPG

So there ya have it for now gang!

Over the coming weeks we will be constantly updating this journal with additional photos as the plants make their steady progression from reveg to new growth, new growth to cuttings and cuttings to clones. Once the clones have reached rootable form, they will be transplanted into small 1.5 gallon Air Pots and allowed to grow in veg until they reach about 2.5 feet tall. At this point the Colloidal Silver treatments will then begin under a 12/12 light cycle.

We still have several weeks to go before we reach the cloning phase, but we invite you to subscribe to this new journal and enjoy the ride! Like all of my various photo journals, we will slowly ramp up our updates as more and more processes become possible.

So stay tuned and thanks for subbing in!

Cheers and welcome! :)

:cheer::circle-of-love::Namaste:

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

SUBBED!:thumb:

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Hey Goose!

Nice start and introduction to the new journal, this should be a fun one to follow. :popcorn:

Hey Goose!

Nice start and introduction to the new journal, this should be a fun one to follow. :popcorn:

Hey XL and Gittergreen!

Thanks XL!

Glad to see you guys have subbed in for this new one! I am excited about the possibilities this project may provide. As you can see from today's photos, the GDP are maintaining their fanastic resiliance and are revegging nicely already! The BC plant has me a little more concerned since that plant got hit hard by that 50/50 fiasco last spring, and the bulk of the growth on that plant has never converted back to normal veg growth, so at this point, I am not sure if it is going to come back or not.

If not, it is not the end of the world since I could always just buy some new BC seeds from Alex over at M.O.N. but I wanted to see if I could pull off a CS induced seed production with that strain as well as the GDP. The BC is hands down the toughest strain to clone of anything I have ever worked with, so that has a lot to do with my concern about the reveg.

We shall see.

Anyway...Thanks again for subbing in and I hope to have a new photo update by next weekend. This period will be the slowest part of this new journal. That is why I waited until now to launch it cause I didn't want it to languish with no updates for too long. Hope everyone will be patient and await the arrival of clonable cuttings. :)

Yea im definitely subbed over here. I didnt know you can purchase CS? Whats a good site to get it from?

I bought mine from Amazon.com through one of their third party stores. This is the same brand and size that Granny420 used in her CS project, so I wanted to use the exact same kind in an attempt to duplicate as much of her grow as possible.

Her results were excellent, so I plan to follow her directions to the letter.

Great info, cant wait to see it through!:peace:

Thanks Man! Welcome to the new journal!

subbed, i love this subject, i have produced fem seed with home made cs a few times now, its a task for sure but the payoff is tremendous and gdp!! oh my!! i feel you on the cloneing woes with bc i have finally gotten 3 to root after at least 8 failed attempts, i will be doing a fem seed run with them soon too

Welcome to the new journal! :)

It will be nice to have someone aboard with some previous CS experience! I may need your input if we run into any problems along the way. ;)

As far as cloning goes... I've had excellent success with cloning my genuine GDP here. Probably one of the easiest strains to clone of all the stains I have put into my Turbo Klone machine. The BC is at the opposite end of that equation for reasons I have yet to determine. It can be done and using a machine like my T-48 is definitely the way to go. It usually takes me 23 days from cutting to roots with my BC strain. Compare that to roughly 10-14 days with the GDP running right next to the BC cuttings in the same session.

I can't imagine trying to clone BC using Rockwool or some other static method. I seriously doubt it would even be possible.

I havent seen any fans or humidifiers in your grow space or other journal. Do not care for them to the point there not needed or you go off the environment your in? I was planning on getting a humidifier for my grow room. To keep good moister in there. My fans really dry the place out I think. It may depend on the strain also if they like high humidity or not huh? Grow room is around 50% or less on average

I havent seen any fans or humidifiers in your grow space or other journal. Do not care for them to the point there not needed or you go off the environment your in? I was planning on getting a humidifier for my grow room. To keep good moister in there. My fans really dry the place out I think. It may depend on the strain also if they like high humidity or not huh? Grow room is around 50% or less on average

Actually... I've got plenty of them.

I have clip-on or small floor fans in all my grow spaces running on a timers. They are usually out of the view of the camera when I take plant photos. Never need humidifiers though. My RH stays around the 45-50% range which is right where I like it to be.

Fans are vital for new seedlings in order to encourage good main stalk development, and as you say, they also help to moderate temps in the grow space and keep humidity from becoming a problem which can lead to Powdery Mildew infestations and the like.

Leaf texture varies from one strain to another and can just be the way that strain's leaves end up. I wouldn't worry about that. Just keep your RH in that 45-50% range and you should be fine. :)

Front row, baby!

Right on Dude!:partyboy:

Kudos to YOU for putting this idea in my head to begin with! And to Mr. Krip for turning me on to Granny420's excellent CS documentation/journal! :)

You guys had a lot to do with my decision to proceed with this project and I look forward to your continued input going forward! :)

Some of the biggest greatest influences are right here on this journal GG including your self & Jandre. This is a great spot for everyone to be at. Mr. Krip pointed me in a couple good directions also.

Thanks Wiz!

For sure! My last journal ended up being a great hangout for a lot of the regulars and heavy contributors to this site, and I am always honoured to have them subbed in and contributing to my journals!

:thumb:

I think this one is going to turn out to be a VERY interesting and informative body of info by the time all is said and done! We still have a bit of a wait right now as we await enough clonable new growth from the GDPs so I can fire up the TK T-48 and get to work on cloning out our test subjects! :geek:

:morenutes:

Very nice, Bro! +REPS!
That BC looks kinda bare....think she'll make it???

Right on Dude!:partyboy:

Kudos to YOU for putting this idea in my head to begin with! And to Mr. Krip for turning me on to Granny420's excellent CS documentation/journal! :)

You guys had a lot to do with my decision to proceed with this project and I look forward to your continued input going forward! :)

Heheheheh! You know me, if I have input, I *will* put it in!

Back
Top Bottom