GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Thanks GG. How tall or what size will you be waiting for your clones to start the CS project? I have 3 extra plants that I have under minimum lighting so they can grow slower until your about ready. Other than that I can take clones and then go from there. But then I may be 2-3 weeks behind on that. Ill try to keep these babies to grow as slow as possible.

And thanks for taking a trip over to my journal. My second one wouldve been a blast but the package of beans had got stolen twice. So its on hold for now.

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

I'm going to let them get about 12 inches tall before I switch the light cycle over to 12/12. They are only about 4 inches tall at the moment, but they are nearly all showing signs of accelerated growth now. One of the smaller cuttings doesn't look too good, so I may end up losing that one. The larger ones are really putting on the additional leaves and are looking nice and bushey even though they are still real small.

Hey GG!

Sorry to hear about the knee, brother. As someone who's been through a couple of big orthopedic surgeries, I would highly recommend getting a second opinion to be absolutely sure. Some of these surgeons border on predatory, and the surgeries aren't always a sure thing by any means. They make the equivalent of a years salary to you or I... from one fricking procedure, sometimes. They have a lot of stake in YOU having a surgery. It'll buy them another Corvette, ya know?! Or renew their membership to the golf club.

There are good ones too, but sad to say, many of them border on behaving almost... criminally with this stuff (IMO) - they want you to think it's your only or best option, as it's what they know and how they make their dough. Maybe your situation is cut and dry, but definitely get a second opinion if you can. I used to put so much trust in them, but then got burned and really had a surgery I probably shouldn't have had, but was getting such bad advice and didn't realize it.

Hope things keep getting a bit better for you, and good luck whatever you do - the plants sure look good! :thumb:

Hey XL!

Thanks for the insights! This is exactly what my fear is! Ending up with a worse situation than I am in right now. The thing is... The knee always seems to bounce back after these episodes and almost feels normal again. I do have nerve damage from the original injury, so pain is always present, but as you said... Once you have the surgery, there is no going back.

I go down to see the orthopedic guy on Wednesday, so we shall see what he has to say. So far, the only opinion I have had is from my primary care doctor who also has bad knees. He looked at the MRI and reached the replacement conclusion. But I am by no means decided on having that done right now. I would prefer not to.

Anyway... We shall see what the actual surgeon has to say, and also how much something like this is going to cost me. I am on Medicare without a secondary, so the $$$ of the procedure might make the decision for me regardless of what I decide I want to do.

Glad you approve of the state of the plants! They do seem to be doing nicely! Had to top GDP 1 yesterday cause it was growing into the lights. That thing is going to produce a huge amount of bud again this season! GDP 2 is about 2/3rds the size of #1, but she too is poised for another impressive harvest! :) I plan to pollenate a few of her bud sites with Tactical's pollen he sent me. That plant had the biggest and fattest buds as you might recall, so I definitely want some seeds from that one! :)

I will keep you guys posted on what happens with my appointment on Wednesday.

Cheers and thanks for checking in! :thumb:

Yeah, didn't mean to sound like such a downer about it, but I've been burned and it's a bitch of a thing to get burned on... Your body is your temple, ya know? You feel like you should be able to trust a doctor to give you the straight scoop, given what's at stake. But large money... it gets in the way of decency and common sense, frequently. Surgery may very well be your best option, but 2 opinions are always best. :goodluck:

Yea I agree with X. When my mom was in the hospital going threw alot. I studied up on the her condition and also started learning and reading alot about options and choices she would have. It took my family 3 different hospitals to really get the decent help she needed with out all the bull crap and lying from doctors. Read up on your condition bud and see what could be best for you and your knee. Im pretty sure you may have started looking into it already :thumb:

Photo Update 02/12/13

The clones are really starting to put on the growth now, although a few of them seem to be struggling for some reason. Haven't pulled the wimps up yet cause they may still come around.

The bulk of the clones are in my bedroom closet grow space on a 17/7 light cycle

P10103342.JPG

Some closeups of the individual plants showing the wide range of growth rates...

P10103292.JPG
P10103302.JPG

This one has been slowly drying up from the bottom up. Never seen anything like this before. Moved it in here from the bathtub space in case it needed more light. Its still hangin on but not by much.

P10103312.JPG
P10103322.JPG
P10103332.JPG

The remaining clone in the bathtub space... Another one of the wimps.

P10103363.JPG

The mother plants...

P10103352.JPG

All in all the clones are doing really well. Even if I loose those two wimps, I will still have enough healthy plants to continue with the CS experiment.

I figure maybe another two weeks and they will be tall enough to switch over to 12/12 and start with the CS treatments! :)

Stay tuned! :thumb:

i sometimes start a little cs even before i flip the lights it gets a bit of a head start on the sex chnge i just finished cs femin blue cheese and blue mystic and i wish i had hit them harder and sooner with cs it took a while and the females were ready for pollen long before i had male flowers, if i had started the cs sooner in veg they would most likely gone straight into male flowers rather than making female flowers first, i did end up with a nice haul of seeds its in my journallast 2-3 pages if ya wanna see my results, heres 1 shot of the blue cheese seeds not all i got bout 1/2
20130216_124230.jpg
those are pollen sacks i will save for the fem pollen on some other strain
hope you dont mind the pic

Hey BID nice on the beans. Did you also use ultra CS 880 PPM?. I just went back to the first page on your journal GG and then went to Granny's link. So I made sure I got the 50 PPM CS. Just a question, how much CS to add to a 1 Liter bottle of water?

Hey Wiz,

I thought you just used the stuff direct out of the bottle. I need to check the instructions myself since I am getting ready to start doing the CS treatment. Posting a photo update after this post.

RIP GDP #2

This plant had been showing some odd signs of drying out over the last few weeks. The less lit side started dying off, but the main branch still looked fine, but then the other day, that main branch just snapped off at the base. The inside of the branch was all dried out and dead looking. I think this plant had the same malady that the little clone had. Drying up from the bottom up.

Anyway... She's gone. :( At least I got a few clones from her to preserve her genetics. She would have never made it through flowering with such a weak branch if it broke under the weight of just the veg leaves.

P10103921.JPG
P10103942.JPG
P10103931.JPG

CLONE UPDATE

Meanwhile, the clones in the bedroom closet space are getting bigger and bigger. I flipped the light cycle over to 12/12 a few days ago, so soon it will be time to start the CS treatments.

The clones in the bathtub grow space are still on the small side. Not sure what is up with the huge difference in growth rates here, maybe because they are not as close to the light fixture, but I will keep them going and maybe eventually the smaller ones will get big enough to start the 12/12 on them too.

The two biggest ones are GDP 2 clones, so that is good news! She lives on in these new clones! :)

P10103951.JPG
P10103962.JPG
P10103972.JPG
P10103982.JPG

GDP #1

Just had to top this one again as the tops were growing into the lights. No sign of the problem that killed GDP 2 so hopefully she will survive until spring when I can move her outside. Been having a constant battle with Spider Mites on this one. Keep cutting off the infected leaves and treating it with the SNS mite stuff, but I could easily use a whole bottle of that stuff just for one treatment.

P10103992.JPG

Too bad about that dear plant... Other one looks great as do the clones!

i use straight 50ppm cs ,you can go thru alot to get to the finish line, another reason i make my own, but it depends on what your trying to do, wont take much to do say one small branch

Im letting my clones veg for a week and then im using the CS to get pollen then use it in the flower room.

I've started applying the CS to two of the clones in the bedroom closet as of yesterday. The two on the left in the last set of photos. Leaving the largest one of those three alone to be the female recipient. The largest plant on the right in the last set of photos.

Just spraying all the growing tips with CS each morning when the lights come on at 9AM. I don't want to run out of CS, so I am hoping that one spray per day is enough. Starting to see changes in the growing tips now, as the plants begin to respond to the 12/12. We shall see if the CS does the trick and changes their flowers over to male pods.

Will post some photos later in the week.

Back
Top Bottom