GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

You can go about collection a few ways. Before I go into that, though, Has that pollen gotten wet at all?

Now as far as the collection goes, I recommend the following:
A) DEFOLIATE a collection site on the male.
B) Dispose of leaves that got dusted with pollen in a pail of water.
(water will kill most of the pollen as well as keep it from floating around to any other plants you may have)
C) Carefully bag up the male flowers while still on the plant.
D) Snip the branch off below the bag.
E) Shake the holy crap out of the flowers inside the bag.
F) Remove the stem and flowers from the bag, and dunk them into a pail of water.
GG7) Use a small paintbrush to very carefully dab the pollen onto the buds you want to pollinate.
H) Bag up treated buds for 30 min, then remove bags and mist with water to kill any loose pollen.

Pollination, and fertilization of the ovum takes mere minutes in cannabis. Any female flowers that received pollen that was active and if fertilization was successful, the pistils will recede and turn color within 24 hours.

Pollination facts for those reading that would like more info:
When a pollen grain lands on or is carried to the receptive tissue of a pistil known as the stigma, the flower has been pollinated. But this is only the first step in a complicated process that, if successful, leads to fertilization. The pollen grain contains two cells- a generative cell and a tube cell. The generative nucleus divides to form two sperm nuclei. The tube cell grows down into the pistil until it reaches one of the ovules contained in the ovary. The two sperm travel down the tube and enter the ovule. There, one sperm nucleus unites with the egg. The other sperm nucleus combines with the polar nuclei that exist in the ovule, completing the process known as double fertilization. These fertilized nuclei then develop into the endocarp, the tissue that feeds the embryo. The ovule itself develops into a seed that is contained in the flower's ovary (which ripens into a fruit). In gymnosperms, the ovule is exposed (that is, not contained in an ovary), and the pollen produced by the male reproductive structures lands directly on the ovule in the female reproductive structures.
fantastic info Jandre you know with all the breeding talk in my journal it would be good to have it in there i"ll copy paste or if you like you could repost it, reps purple brother,

Hey GG so glad your back. I went a different route and added CS to my DWC res and it started to show nanners and producing seeds. havent had any male flowers/ball sacks show up though. Ill do the regular misting as you did on the next clones. Your GDP 1 is huge. Nice mother plant. :)
interesting way to get the cs in, systemic should create a 100% sex change, on the ones that dont produce big pollen filled sacs i find that removing them with tweezers ,drying ,crushing may be nessessary to get the pollen also pollen is very potent mixing it 50/50 with diotomaceious earth or very dry flour (i bake the flour for 20 min on 350f to sterilize it) this will make your pollen go much further and pollinate very well without wasting any ,but i really do prefer the de since its a great dessicant too keeping the pollen bone dry,, another method to collect pollen is to like jandre suggests defol the big leaves near the male flowers (this makes access much much easier,i tend to lst or supercrop the main stem on the male so he is growing horizontal and then you can lay out a sheet of foil or wax paper or even copy paper to catch the pollen as it falls or when you tap it,and lastly the most involved way (what im doing now with my gdp male) is to pluck the open flowers one by one carefully into a small container film canister ,snuff can,rx bottle etc, i keep it right under the area im collecting as falling pollen and flowers are likely,i collect this way for as long as the male is making viable flowers,2-4 weeks on average, this method also will allow for the male to be revegged or cloned if you want to keep a source of fresh pollen avalible, , hmmm seems like i need to move this post over to my journal as well as jandre's for those following my breeding program there lol got more detailed than i planned (good ol blue dream)

Thanks guys!

More crap I have had to deal with. Sorry for not getting back sooner.

The pollen flowers on these CS flower tops is really small, so it isn't like a normal male plant. They haven't gotten wet, but I am giving them more time to develop before I try to dust them onto the non treated female plant in that same space.

I will keep you guys posted as soon as I can.

Need to go back down to So Cal, so I will be offline for the next week. Will post a photo update when I get back.

Talk to ya then! :)
you have safe and good fortune in whatever you do, we'll be here when you return! godspeed my friend:thumb:

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

fantastic info Jandre you know with all the breeding talk in my journal it would be good to have it in there i"ll copy paste or if you like you could repost it, reps purple brother,

interesting way to get the cs in, systemic should create a 100% sex change, on the ones that dont produce big pollen filled sacs i find that removing them with tweezers ,drying ,crushing may be nessessary to get the pollen also pollen is very potent mixing it 50/50 with diotomaceious earth or very dry flour (i bake the flour for 20 min on 350f to sterilize it) this will make your pollen go much further and pollinate very well without wasting any ,but i really do prefer the de since its a great dessicant too keeping the pollen bone dry,, another method to collect pollen is to like jandre suggests defol the big leaves near the male flowers (this makes access much much easier,i tend to lst or supercrop the main stem on the male so he is growing horizontal and then you can lay out a sheet of foil or wax paper or even copy paper to catch the pollen as it falls or when you tap it,and lastly the most involved way (what im doing now with my gdp male) is to pluck the open flowers one by one carefully into a small container film canister ,snuff can,rx bottle etc, i keep it right under the area im collecting as falling pollen and flowers are likely,i collect this way for as long as the male is making viable flowers,2-4 weeks on average, this method also will allow for the male to be revegged or cloned if you want to keep a source of fresh pollen avalible, , hmmm seems like i need to move this post over to my journal as well as jandre's for those following my breeding program there lol got more detailed than i planned (good ol blue dream)

you have safe and good fortune in whatever you do, we'll be here when you return! godspeed my friend:thumb:

Bro, are you using a standard procedural breeding system? If you are I would be interested to see the data you got the info from to do it. I did it a long time ago and all my notes are gone. I mean the info that lists the characteristics, shows how to arrange the subjects by letter or number, then gives the formula for isolating these characteristics, then apllying the breeding to get those characteristics into the cultivar as desired. When I did it it was VERY.....absolutely accurate and predictable.......I got exactly what I predicted....every time!

FINAL PHOTO UPDATE!
Last set of images as I wind down the CS experiment

Sorry I have been away so long but I needed to stay down in So Cal longer than expected and I still have more to do down there in a couple of weeks. When I got back from this trip I found that the CS treated plants were pretty much done, so I pulled those. The flowers that looked like male flowers never really amounted to much, but I still managed to dust the single non treated female plant with a few flower tops before I left. Thing is, I can't tell if there are seeds in the flower buds or not.

Based on everything that is going on right now, I have decided to make this my last update and will be closing down this experiment as of now. I took some photos of the pollenated female plant as well as the three vegging clones that have been moved outside.

I am going to give the female plant a few more weeks before I start probing into the flower buds to see if there are any seeds in there or not.

So here we go starting with the vegging clones which have recently started to show some flowering activity, but hopefully they go back to veg as the light levels extend further:

P10107003.JPG
P10107023.JPG
P10107035.JPG

Pollenated GDP Female

Even without the super cold nights, once I moved this plant outside before I left for So Cal, the overnight temps were still cool enough to turn the plant a nice deep purple. You will see how much when contrasted against the vegging GDP in some of these same photos.

P10107043.JPG
P10107072.JPG
P10107061.JPG
P10107111.JPG
P10107161.JPG

So there ya go guys!

Still not sure if I am going to end up with any seeds or not, and at some point in the future I will try to post one last update to let you know if I ended up with any seeds or not.

I ca't really comment on whether or not this whole CS thing was worth the trouble or not. Granted I wasn't able to devote all my time to this, so that could have something to do with the results.

Anyway... I will try to pop back onto the site from time to time, but I didn't want to constantly keep everyone hanging all the time so I am going to close this journal at this point.

Feel free to continue to post here if you want, but I am not sure how much time I will have to participate on here going forward.

Maybe next season I can get back into doing another serious grow and document it on here. :)

Thanks everyone! :)

Hey GG7 hope all is well with life. I know you busy by the amount o time you took off from 420. Just hope everything is fine or will be soon. As of the CS it would've been great to see it at its full potential if you were able to be around more. When I added CS to my Res at 5ml per 2 gallons they started to produce seeds about 2 weeks later. It works out alot better then misting your plants to get pollen. Hope everything shapes up for you soon Would've liked to have you around for my 1.5 journal which is active now bless. This CS journal was still a great grow. Beautiful GDP reps :)

Thanks guys!

Wiz... I'm glad to read that you had good success with your CS grow! I am sure that if I had been able to devote more hands on time to mine it would have gone better.

BigIrish... I did get some seeds from a previous GDP pollenation effort, but it was a cross. With those, I could feel the pointy heads of the seeds when I pressed on the buds, but I am not feeling those in the buds on this plant. Thats why I am not sure if there are seeds in there or not.

I am giving the plant a few more weeks to let any seeds that may be in there mature before I chop the plent or take any of the buds off for drying and seed extraction.

As I said... I will post back in a few weeks on what the final verdict was on that score.

In the meantime, I will be heading out of town again, so I have sent a message over to the 420 staff to have them move this journal into the completed section.

Thanks again to everyone who followed this grow, and I hope that there are some useful info contained in here that may help folks in the future who may be considering trying this themselves.

Take care everyone and hopefully I will be back at some future date to document a new grow!

Cheers. :)

Great effort! Hope it worked. :)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

Here's hoping for beans!
:thumb:

Dear golden goose, I didnt know that was possible! Sweeeeet! joemungus

Back
Top Bottom