GH Not That Great?

maybe i'll take two of my seedlings and put em in some good quality dirt. the hydro shop nearby has some high speed fox farms dirt thats like 23 bucks for a bag.

when you say organic do you simply mean soil or do you mean ORGANIC? i.e. bat guano, fish emulsion, etc. im told organic bud tastes better....

can i take the rockwool cubes that have my sprouts and just plop them in some dirt? or is there a better way to do that transplant?

Personally when I say "organic" I mean everything comes from a natural source.

So yes things like molasses, guanos, kelp, manures and other things of that nature. It is most often that a organic bud will taste better then a chem bud. Obviously there can be exceptions but most of the time that will hold true.

my 2 cents on nutes. I've only got 2.5 grows under my belt, but have used several types during this time. Experimented quite a bit and ran experiments during the run splitting diff nutes or organic vs chem nutes.

My takeaway is that unless you are a super pro grower use what is easiest and most cost effective for you. Notice I didn't say cheapest. Bang for the $ comes to mind. If you get 30% more yield for 15% more cost, that's a win situation. However, most people won't take the time to emipirically test themselves or their nutes/system. So that moves more towards what's easiest for you not to F#%k up your crop. Even though I continually try not to mess them up I keep doing it :(. Unless you are super duper patient, you'll get a big head when things start looking good and all of sudden after becoming an internet expert you think you know wtf you are doing and end up doing a steriod feed and then the wheels fall off. Ok, sorry I got off topic a bit ;). But seriously, plants take up the different elements and they don't give a ratts a$$ who made them as long as they are in proper quantities and properly available to the plant, ie ph, solubility etc... So some guys/gals are probably prone to goofing a certain way, and they may end up liking a nutrient that is more forgiving in that area ie N, P, K, micros etc... Organics tend to be more forgiving from my experience, but while they be better for nubs in that way, they are harder to max your efforts as well. Chems will nuke a plant fast, and will also pump it up like Swartzenagger. As far as taste in chem vs organic. I'd say yeah maybe that's true. Taste I'm not totally sold on as far as FLAVOR(grape, hash, pineapple, etc...) so much, but smoothness; ie: smooth or less harsh. I keep thinking about Jonnie Walker black vs the red. Red aint bad, but it aint black either, more harsh/less smooth. But even so I'd say maybe 10% and it would take a real weed snob or pro to tell the difference. So it's not like going from CVS rot gut scotch to Johnny Walker Blue :high-five:

As far as brands like GH go. I've read plenty to say they are very good, but more of a generic approach. Lot's of proven info on it though. I'm now using BPN and I've been very impressed with the product but even moreso the support. You can email Corey and he'll hit you back usually within a few hours. Can send pics and he'll help troubleshoot your efforts and that's free tech support folks for our favorite fruit. Try that with most of the other nute companies and even if they do help, I doubt it will be as affordable.

BTW, hope your project goes well ;)

not one specific thread no.

I just learned what kinda nutes weed likes through reading thousands of threads, blogs, books, posts, ect. Not just on this site but all over the internet. Youtube can also be a good source for learning. Although I have found it has a lot of idiots as well.

The first video I ever watched was jeorge cervantes. It has a lot of good all around info and is a great start on just growing in general.

I agre jeorge cervantes is the weed man herb God

Back
Top Bottom