GH PH drops gone bad?

Kip22

Hey all

I figured I'd post this in the Hydro forum as u guys are monitoring PH a lot more than the soil folks.

Anyhow I've had slightly less happy than normal ladies since starting a few new beans. I was pulling my hair out, mixing soil, coco, pro mix differently, messing with nute strength etc etc and couldn't figure it out. My PH was right on and PPM right where it needed to be. Anyways I've got a PH pen and GH drops. I've found the drops were easier quicker and needed no regular calibration so I been using them and put the pen in the back cupboard. I know the drops are not as accurate but its all good to float yer ph between 5.8-6.8 during feed so high accuracy isn't a big deal.

Long story short I calibrated my pen on a whim and found my drops color showed a solid 6.5 but was actually 5.5. Good chance I was feeding sometimes closer to 5 maybe lower.

I had the drops outside over winter and they froze and thawed many times. Maybe that did it maybe they are a bad batch. Either way just thought I'd share that this can and did happen.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom