Setup as of now:

Light: 1k HPS
Medium: GH 8 site Waterfarm (currently running 3 sites), Rapid rooters
Nutrients: GH Flora Series, Poor mans Clearex, and molasses
PH: N/A
PPM: N/A
Temp: N/A
Humidity: N/A

This is my first time using this system, so on this grow I intentionaly did not use any intrumentation. I needed to see if I could grow just based on "letting the plants talk to me." I had many a sleepless night, wondering if I would wake up to dead plants, and on 3 occasions, i did . I started this grow with FOUR Pichunks, a C99 and a Bubblegummer.

I will be using my meters on all grows from now on, I just needed to know that I could grow w/o relying too heavily on the "science" (for lack of a better term) of growing.

These is my first pics of many to come, I hope, but , my dog ate my camera, and all i got is my dumb cell cam, which i will try to get some good pics up in the next few days as i approach my first chop on the 15th or so.

I plan on doing a "progressive" Harvest

the Pichunk is said to be a 55 day'er but they do not seem like they will be totally ready, so I am going to take some of the Biggest cola's off the top of the canopy, and let the rest go @ 5 day intervals

the C99 will start being chopped on the 20th, in the same manner, as UFO stated they flower in 60 to 65 days.

I read somewhere that once the plants look ready, to wait a week, so I am putting my own spin on it, so to speak.

This progressive harvest will also allow me to dial in the strains to determine my preferences on the overall finished product.

Enjoy.
Dan
**wasn't sure where to exqctly put this post, as it is not a "seed to smoke" journal, more of a "last 2 weeks journal"...can be moved if it fits there better? :) **

You will see by the pic that the 3 plants decided to strecth on me. While i expected the C99 to stretch, the Barny Farm Pineapple chunk, which is supposed to be an Indica Dom strain stretched like a mofo too. Part of the stretch was due to my DOH!! moment.... I had the fan too far from plants and therefore had light @ proportionate height. I woke up one morning and my brain FINALLY decided to start working again. :/
IMG004.jpg
101_1807.JPG

Hi there, a few more pics. I got in as many as i could before the light from the HPS became too intense for the phone cam, and here are the ones that came out best.

my two Pineapple Chunk's , Michele, and Kara are two different pheno's

Kara has a really sativa like stretch, great aroma very pineappally :) , really big flowers, but not much frostyness

Michele has the stretch i want, and the frostyness is great, but smaller flowers, and the aroma is VERY faint, but earthier and a lil spicier. Will get pics of the two "side by side" next time. for now, i just got the one of "kara".

Enjoy
MrW
edit: just realized that you can see "michele" in the foreground of the C99 canopy pic.

IMG011.jpg

One of the side flowers, C99
IMG021.jpg

Same flower better pic v v v
IMG020.jpg

Canopy bud of C99 which i mistakenly labeled as Pichunk v v v
IMG015.jpg

Pineapple Chunk #2 (Kara) v v v
IMG016.jpg

nice looking plants bud will follow thread to see how pineapple chunk does its supposed to be one of the highest thc in the world:yummy:

Update

First things first.

There was a Death in the family...

my lover died :(
IMG072.jpg

but back to the pics.. If I follow the Barney Farm recomendations, I am 2 days away from cutting down my Pichunks, but they just don't look quite ready, so I have some thinking to do.

**grabs the Brain Vape**

I think I may let them go a lil bit longer, but due to some unforseen events, I am not going to be able to do the originally planned "Progressive" harvest.

The Pichunk Flowers are massive, but very leafy, and not too dense. I predict the trimming on these will be a chore, to say the least, gonna need some extra vapes for that.

I do have a C99 growing, and she is doing great, will get some of her pics up for the next update.

enjoy :)

MrW
::EDIT:: I am taking these photo's with my phone cam, so apologize for quality ::EDIT::

"Michele"
IMG071.jpg

Group Bud shot "Kara"
IMG0551.jpg

"Kara" (the lighting is unintentional, but looks sweet)
IMG054.jpg

There is my quick update, I just realized that I am taking a lot of the "same" pics. lol, going to get em all organized and see about doing a mini vid of progression pics.

Puff Puff Pass

nice looking plants bud will follow thread to see how pineapple chunk does its supposed to be one of the highest thc in the world:yummy:

thx trike:tokin:

Of the two plants, "Kara" is displaying what I would call the "signatrure" Pichunk Characteristics, as far as the smell goes.

-Really strong "fresh cut" pineapple aroma on first inhale with a sharp sweetness on the back end(almost OG'ish)

"Michele" has almost no pineapple aroma, but has a nice skunky cheese smell. Her buds are not as big as the other one, but seem to be a little more dense. She is MUCH frostier than "Kara" as well.

I made a lot of mistakes with this grow, and I got some massive stretch during flower, but "Michele's" indica parentage pulled through and didnt stretch as much as "Kara" or the C99

Puff Puff Pass
MrW

Back
Top Bottom