GHempster Afghani Review Grow Under Giixer LED

20200109_080004.jpg

Giixer grow has now been moved out into what was the flower room, which has now become veg room #2.

Do-Si-Dos will be moving on to another area as space is getting tight.

Had to move light up an inch or so.

Seeing no health issues and growth is comparable to other grows under different lights.

Good morning my Braddah..
I guess this is what you can call winter weather here in hawaii at 3000 ft elevation..

A2E3E8C1-44A7-4F19-9E3D-F777B5BA3ED7.jpeg

54 degrees this morning..:eek: had to break out the socks before putting on the slippers :laugh:

Tough times @Sunnyskies have to put on socks. LoL. Does not look nice there today.

We got hit by high winds.

But still green in basement so all is good.

Well must go chop wood so i will have to put on second pair socks, snow pants, sweater, jacket, toque, scarf, mits and snow boots. Now wheres my axe.

Peace :passitleft:

Don't let the sun fool ya -18°C ( -40°F )

Who wants some? @Sunnyskies ? LOL

One coffee outside is all I could take. Quickly took up position on couch.

20200115_094454.jpg

Storm coming going to be good one 3days of 120km/hr winds gusting to 130.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

20200111_223257.jpg

Afghani #1 has her tent all to herself now and is working through a bout of bad ph'd feeding causing a slight calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium issues. Oh my.

But all in all doing great and had to raise light which is always a good sign.

Could always put up a sign out front that says free snow.. Better yet 1st annual snow cone eating contest!
:high-five::laugh:

It finally slowed down some on the rain over here. We got 26” of rain in 24hrs the other day. Had to actually put on boots instead of slippers.. arm floaty’s if you had them.

Have a blessed day my Braddah!

:passitleft:

The Giixer light has brought the Afghani #1 from seed to now very well in the 2x2 tent.

One on the left is from the Giixer. There is roughly 14 nodes on this plant and she is only a foot tall.

She was a pale green in color and was a little concerning so I moved her out with her sister in the main grow room. I have shut down the Giixer light until the girls are in flower at which time I will see how the Giixer works as a bloom enhancer.

The Giixer light, for the price is a great light for a 2x2 tent bringing plants from seed to young vegging plant. The light is perfect for seedlings and will be what the light is mainly used for. The light would be great for short plants and would not have an issue flowering an 18" or shorter plant.

As all I have growing right now are taller plants. I will give the Giixer a break till a couple weeks into flower.

So if there is no updates on this post for awhile that is the reason.

GIIXER light review grow is back on. LOL

20200202_155924.jpg

I have come to find out the issues I was having were not the fault of the light and so will be giving the Giixer another go.

I have two Magnum autos under the Giixer right now. I will select the strongest and grow to harvest the one under the Giixer in a 2x2 Mars Hydro tent.

Will be running this as a side by side comparison with the GROWant review grow.

Ok LMAO Giixer light is off again. I can confirm there is a spectrum issue with the light I have. Here is side by side shot of two Magnum Autos from same seed breeder. Same size pot, same substrate, same feeding/watering, same training, planted same time, even the lumens put out by the two lights were very close ( which is why I tend to think it is a spectrum issue) and same environment except for light.

20200215_134033.jpg20200215_134025.jpg20200215_134016.jpg

In addition under Giixer there has been almost zero growth in last few days.

So I am officially closing down this thread as my light is defective in some way shape or form.

So thanks everyone that stopped by and checked out the Giixer grow. It was a rocky one to say the least and if you want to see what a fully functioning Giixer light can do head over and check out CaptainHowdy's journal @captainhowdy had great success with his Giixer.

Hey 420 fam!

Yeah, Critical mass is doing fine in the 5 gallon under the giixer minus where I spilled my nutrients and burnt the lower leaves :eye-roll:

20200215_120646.jpg

So strange to have such varying results from the same light.

Stay high my friends
The Captain.

I take it this Afghani grow was a bust from the get go as both seeds turned out to be males.

One male contracted the virus that the Cement Shoes has and will be destroyed. The second will be finished to harvest some pollen.

I find it difficult to kill plants. Even males it seems.

20200303_234902.jpg20200303_234743.jpg

What the heck. I may just grow them.
I also HATE killing plants :( sucks because I always take too many clones and have a good success rate. I've gotten a lot of friends and family growing by gifting them clones. I'd rather rehome them then kill them. The ones I've had to kill get left out for my cats LOL they kill them pretty quickly. Now imma pour some nutrient out on the floor for my fallen friends. :p

20200311_003117.jpg20200311_003155.jpg20200311_003513.jpg20200312_074516.jpg

A few pics before harvesting. Caught moments before opening.

20200314_075800.jpg

One left as he was a little behind the other.

Happy growing all.

LoL the wife looked at me strange over hearing a phone call i had said " like look at the balls on him" she said it was most excited she ever seen me talking about balls.

Thanks for stopping by @Sparkey224 much appreciated.

20200311_003117.jpg20200311_003155.jpg20200311_003513.jpg20200312_074516.jpg

A few pics before harvesting. Caught moments before opening.

20200314_075800.jpg

One left as he was a little behind the other.

Happy growing all.
Hello, I popped in late but I have the single switch Giixer 1000w full spectrum LED. These are Purple Punch at 30 days from sprout. The smaller one is a Dos I Dos a week younger. I have zero experience with indoor besides helping on a large grow in Alaska one year. I think they look good. When can I expect the growth to flatten out or experience the problems you encountered
20200313_101713.jpg
? Yellow and a few red LED's on this lamp. My tent is 36x20x62 " and I ordered another Giixer for flower stage.

Back
Top Bottom