Ghempster Goes Organic With Emperor J By Oasis Genetics

GHempster

Hello 420 fam it is time again for another round. Last run was full nute supplement in ProMix-HP and Gaia Green amendments so this time I am going as organically as possible with only ProMix-HP and Gaia Green amendments in 3 gal fabric pots.

From seed to harvest in a 2.5x2.5 Mars Hydro tent under the GROWant GR240.

GROWant-Logo-100.png

@GROWant GR240 pulls only 80W from wall but out performs a 120w quantum board, in fact if I run the GR240 at the same height as the QB the plants would burn. The light has to be min. 4" higher from canopy over the QB lights.

Seeds are Emperor J by Oasis Genetics

emperor-j-oasis-tnsb.jpg

Purchased from True North which is a safe reliable seedbank here in Canada always great deals on seeds from lots of breeders.

Here is what was on their website for this strain.

Details
Named for the legendary author and cannabis activist, Jack Herer, we proudly bring to you Auto Emperor J.
By bringing together our Jack Herer and Ruderalis, we were able to produce a fast-flowering, well-balanced, sativa-dominant hybrid that will creep up on you.
Finishing within 8-10 weeks, you can expect the Auto Emperor J to grow to moderate height, producing a remarkable yield for an autoflower at up to 450gr/m2.
With it’s sativa-dominant genetics, Auto Emperor J is a great choice for anybody who may be looking for some inspiration or a more productive, uplifting strain.

Germinated in grodan cube using a starter solution made from Humic acid, silica and kelp there was bvitamin in there also but that was for the clones more so than the seeds. Supplements by NPK RAW are very versatile and is so handy having separated supplements around so you can make what you want when you want.

20200427_201148.jpg

Three days later had three ladies up and about. First time ever that an Oasis Genetics seed did not pop but happy there is three.

All my grows are open for comments and suggestions. Feel free to post your Emperor J's if you have or had in the past. Ask anything on or off topic as I am here to have fun and grow some meds.

So with all that said let's get growing :yahoo: :yahoo:

i'll have a look. trying for three in the 2 x 2 by the looks ?

curious how 80 Watt will do. give 'er nails. :)

Winner winner chicken dinner, lol welcome my friend.

i'll have a look. trying for three in the 2 x 2 by the looks ?

curious how 80 Watt will do. give 'er nails. :)

Hey bluter welcome to my grow, not first run under this awesome light

20200501_135102.jpg

This was from last harvest. Magnum auto.

looks good.

i'm running a true draw 600 watt 12 cob rig in a bit under 4 x 4 :p
my veg light is a 4 pot 200 watt.

don't run either much past 75%.

got a pile of hp i'm thinking about. wanna see how you roll with it.

Transplanted seedlings into final 3 gal fabric pots and as you can see we have 4 last one just took an extra day to pop up :yahoo: .

20200505_160910.jpg

Jump ahead a week and ...

20200512_123948.jpg

Three days later....

20200515_181315.jpg20200515_181321.jpg20200515_181328.jpg20200515_181339.jpg

All is well so far.

looks good.

i'm running a true draw 600 watt 12 cob rig in a bit under 4 x 4 :p
my veg light is a 4 pot 200 watt.

don't run either much past 75%.

got a pile of hp i'm thinking about. wanna see how you roll with it.

Nice setup, I swear by the ProMix-HP but is really hard to get where I am. A couple large growers buying it all up.

20200522_001623.jpg

Finally was able to get all the girls together in the tent. Three days since previous post marking day 25.

20200522_001629.jpg
20200522_001643.jpg
20200522_001651.jpg
20200522_001658.jpg
20200522_001707.jpg

After 2 days in tent and the topped girl is doing great.

20200524_232844.jpg

Hello 420 fam it is time again for another round. Last run was full nute supplement in ProMix-HP and Gaia Green amendments so this time I am going as organically as possible with only ProMix-HP and Gaia Green amendments in 3 gal fabric pots.

From seed to harvest in a 2.5x2.5 Mars Hydro tent under the GROWant GR240.

GROWant-Logo-100.png

@GROWant GR240 pulls only 80W from wall but out performs a 120w quantum board, in fact if I run the GR240 at the same height as the QB the plants would burn. The light has to be min. 4" higher from canopy over the QB lights.

Seeds are Emperor J by Oasis Genetics

emperor-j-oasis-tnsb.jpg

Purchased from True North which is a safe reliable seedbank here in Canada always great deals on seeds from lots of breeders.

Here is what was on their website for this strain.

Details
Named for the legendary author and cannabis activist, Jack Herer, we proudly bring to you Auto Emperor J.
By bringing together our Jack Herer and Ruderalis, we were able to produce a fast-flowering, well-balanced, sativa-dominant hybrid that will creep up on you.
Finishing within 8-10 weeks, you can expect the Auto Emperor J to grow to moderate height, producing a remarkable yield for an autoflower at up to 450gr/m2.
With it’s sativa-dominant genetics, Auto Emperor J is a great choice for anybody who may be looking for some inspiration or a more productive, uplifting strain.

Germinated in grodan cube using a starter solution made from Humic acid, silica and kelp there was bvitamin in there also but that was for the clones more so than the seeds. Supplements by NPK RAW are very versatile and is so handy having separated supplements around so you can make what you want when you want.

20200427_201148.jpg

Three days later had three ladies up and about. First time ever that an Oasis Genetics seed did not pop but happy there is three.

All my grows are open for comments and suggestions. Feel free to post your Emperor J's if you have or had in the past. Ask anything on or off topic as I am here to have fun and grow some meds.

So with all that said let's get growing :yahoo: :yahoo:
I would not be too quick to recommend True North Seed bank. I recently received my seed order of Oasis seeds from them and both packs of sour diesel auto were duds. They will not respond to any concerns and will not stand behind their seeds. I have ordered from them in the past but they have gone way down hill.

Winner winner chicken dinner, lol welcome my friend.

Hey bluter welcome to my grow, not first run under this awesome light

20200501_135102.jpg

This was from last harvest. Magnum auto.
U kno I can’t miss it for the world

Three days later...

20200527_225915.jpg

The tent is starting to fillout. The one bottom right is really growing fast should probably have topped her.

You will get the same yield with one plant as you would 4 with a lot less leaves to trim and a lot more quality bud. Running 4 plants on a 80 watt light you will have nothing but leaves on your colas.

The GROWant light is not like other led lights. It uses focusing lenses to increase light output.

I understand what you are saying most led lights of low power will be leafy and have little to no yield.

However not the case with the GROWant.

20200501_135106.jpg

That being said I highly doubt, with the way things are growing, that the tent will hold all four till the end. Most likely will be down to one in tent when flowering, but for veg the light is more than capable and there is plenty of room for all four.

This makes for a good experiment. See which light produces best buds. I will flower 2 under Mars Hydro TSL2000, 1 under a CHINLY 160W blurple and one under the 80W GROWant.

Well you didnt say that! I thought you were flowering all 4 under the small 80 watt.

Focusing lenses does nothing with "output". Output is.... output. Focusing lenses help focus on a certain point but the output is still the same. If you put in 80 watts then you will get 80 grams of bud, no matter if you have 1 plant or 4. If you get over this you are weighting leaves and stems or wet. Obviously this is an estimate and you will go over that or below it sometimes, to a degree.... but not much. You cant put in 80 watts and get 250 grams of bud. It is just not possible. LED companies can claim they can all day long. I have yet to see it. Just my two cents. =)

Either way, Your plants look amazing and I would love to see you with some actual wattage over those plants.

Have you put a wattage meter on your light to see actual wattage, and not just what the company states?

Well you didnt say that! I thought you were flowering all 4 under the small 80 watt.

Focusing lenses does nothing with "output". Output is.... output. Focusing lenses help focus on a certain point but the output is still the same. If you put in 80 watts then you will get 80 grams of bud, no matter if you have 1 plant or 4. If you get over this you are weighting leaves and stems or wet. Obviously this is an estimate and you will go over that or below it sometimes, to a degree.... but not much. You cant put in 80 watts and get 250 grams of bud. It is just not possible. LED companies can claim they can all day long. I have yet to see it. Just my two cents. =)

Either way, Your plants look amazing and I would love to see you with some actual wattage over those plants.

Have you put a wattage meter on your light to see actual wattage, and not just what the company states?

I will plug the meter in tomorrow. But dude it's not my first grow with the light. I know what it can do. I am not going off what the company said. The last grow was 2 plants and return was a quarter pound which would have been larger but lost 3 weeks from hot soil not anything to do with the light. This of course is in a journal but I don't mind talking about it agian. :hmmmm:

In the GROWant journal I talk about my reservations with the light and how I had to test the light multiple times as I didn't believe the results the first time.

And in the beginning of this journal I already pointed out that this 80W ( manufacturers rating ) out performs my QB which runs 300W (manufacturers rating) . I run the QB at 18" and to match these readings I have to run the GROWant at 20".

As far as the focusing lenses are concerned these are developed for horticulture to spread the led light in a manner that is good for plants. It is not the same as a focusing lens say on a telescope or camera.

Dude I do more reading, research and experimenting than you could imagine and plus this is but one of many journals I have currently running on many platforms.

Commercial horticulture lighting has been using lenses for years. A led on a QB board is only effective at a very short distance because the diodes have very little spread and move left or right from directly below the diode and the light dissipates quickly with these lenses the led light is spread out requiring the light to be raised higher above canopy which in turn makes the area of effect larger than the QB light and also moves the heat of the light away from the plants. This small light is perfect fit for this 2.5x2.5tent at $115 where a QB to fit this tent would run probably 300 and if you had to have a SF than it probably would be 500. The GROWant light just makes sense. Have you tried the GROWant or something else using this type of lenses maybe something by Scynce if not maybe give it a try.

A quarter pound is around 110 grams, Which is in range of the statement I said. You can only get what you put in. Its basic science. I would love to see you produce more out of it if possible though. Keep us updated! That is what I mean about the 1 plant or 4. You will always yield the same no matter how many plants you do. It will just be a lot better quality bud with less leafy colas running one plant under such a small light.

A quarter pound is around 110 grams, Which is in range of the statement I said. You can only get what you put in. Its basic science. I would love to see you produce more out of it if possible though. Keep us updated! That is what I mean about the 1 plant or 4. You will always yield the same no matter how many plants you do. It will just be a lot better quality bud with less leafy colas running one plant under such a small light.

Listen I started 4 autos, i am vegging them in this tent. If they out grow tent they get moved. This is a bumper crop while I veg some photos. If I am reading you correctly, you are still trying to tell me something that I just spent a year journally about. I hear what you are saying. My larger wattage lights are reserved for my photos.

And who is us, sorry just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom