GHS Trainwreck, Rainforest system

dogstick

What is up all, just going to get this journal on the way. My girl got her medical and I am doing, well everything lol but who doesnt love putting the green thumb into this hobby. I hope you all enjoy it and hope some can gain knowledge from it. Well here we go..
Started seeds with the wet paper towel trick and then put them in rapid rooter plugs to germinate.
Also using 1/2 of the GH recomended Nutes through each cycle.

5 Greenhouse seeds Trainwreck
GH Rainforest 66
Lights P.L light systems 400 mh and 600 hps
Bulbs, MH used philips, HPS New grolux
Hanna ph+ppm combo meter
2 walmart fans
Frigidaire 6000 BTU
4in Vortex inline fan
Growlab 120 3'11*3'11*8ft
100 gallon air pump with 2 13in airstone in the bottom of res

General Hydro Nutes and Supplies
Flora Nova Grow and Flora Nova Bloom
Floralicious Plus
Florablend
KoolBloom
Sub-Culture M and B
Ph up and dwn
FloraKleen
Now lets see if I can post pics!

1790.JPG

Shot of my growLab

IMG_00324.JPG

Side shot of it and the other side is just a 6in intake hose

Alright thought I could figure this out but how do you upload successfully and also what is the limit size allowed for the photo? I managed to upload into member galleries but when uploading on this page just shows the x in the corner. brothers and sisters some help here

IMG_01024.JPG

IMG_01042.JPG

IMG_01073.JPG

Alright I went for a couple more days than went 36 hours off and now present time with 5 days into flowering on the transition nutes 50/50 of both flower and grow. Next change coming up will be all flower.

Well all and all up to this date things been going good. I think I will have to get a dehumidifer for the off times cause the RH is around 60% and am notictig some wet tips from when I tuck the leaves in and they are touching each other. I had to switch a frozen bottle 2 times a day in veg and 1 time a day to keep my res at or around 67 degrees. The temps have been good for how warm it is here. under 80.

I have two fans 1 blowing at the light and the other circulating the bottom portion of the room. Pretty impressed with the P.L light system, managing to
get the light about a foot from the top and of course there is not a hood on it. You would have to we wire it to fit a hood but could imagine that you could get the light super close.:peace:

Thanks Roca, pretty stoked on it. Just took a look at your journal, those ak's are looking great. 1 of my favorite strains is a AK cross with NL so yummy and stank.

I read that if you lower your rez temp that allows you to have a warmer climate in the room. Can anyone tell me if this is true and if so how low can you go?:thanks:

thanks vaporeyes, how is your RF treating you? I am sure I will be going into battle with the ppms and ph soon leaving only 2.8 gallons for each plant. 5 gallons of course would be better. Who knows its taking a gallon a day out of the rez now, guess we will find out.
First time on this system, I like it but think the full potential is in the diffrent caps that fit it like the 36, perfect for starting clones and moving into a aeroflo or waterfarm. I dont have much space but thats probably what I will do next go around.

your actually farther along than me, im 3 weeks in to my first go and a total newb but learning much here. I was thinking the same thing about the cloning aspects of the RF after this run. I actually just picked up several DWC buckets
and will be going that route from now on but the RF seems to be great for getting your feet wet. I have all 6 filled right now and im using LST to keep them low profile but i could see where its going to get a little crazy soon..

res changes are going to become a nightmare as well im thinking ...

6 wow!! How are you draining it then? I have a transfer pump and it takes about 4 minutes to empty it. I dont see how you could really do it with the front hose on the unit without it being a pain.

6 wow!! How are you draining it then? I have a transfer pump and it takes about 4 minutes to empty it. I dont see how you could really do it with the front hose on the unit without it being a pain.

right now im taking the net pot out and using a pump but the roots are going to put an end to that..I have 1 thats not quite keeping pace to the rest so i may have to sacrifice her ...

Thats exactly what I guessed you were doing but yea come flowering no way you are going to want and take those up every time. Did you just have someone hold it? That did come across my mind but 5 plants i think is enough for this system. gl you could always throw the weak one outside somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom