Gibgezr's First Grow - Northern Lights Feminized Auto - 2017

Day 87

A branch caved under the weight of a small bud last weekend, so I cut it off and dried it. The trichomes hadn't started turning amber yet, so this is a somewhat unripe 2 gram test of my crop. I smoked a tiny bowl yesterday and again today, it was smooth and tasty (I was pleasantly surprised by this), and very potent. Very, very potent. Hmmm...how much more potent does it get when it's 80% amber trichomes??? I'm looking forward to testing this out. Anywhoo, I seem assured of a good smokeable crop, so colour me pleased.

Pics of the trichomes as of today, day 87:
Day87_1.jpg
Day87_2.jpg
Day87_3.jpg

Seeing mostly milky on the picture on left and some amber on the picture at the right.

I'm not an expert on going to 70% Amber - My experience is that the potency will not increase as you go past 10-20% amber after that the THC starts shifting. Most think the ideal harvest is at 30% Amber and 70% Milky. It really depends on the type high you want. At 70% Amber I would expect you to get a really heavy couch lock type of product. If you want a more euphoric heady high then go for about 30% amber.

Final harvest done, all dried and bottled as of today. Final weights:
Plant #1 : 43.09g
Plant #2 : 94.53g
Plant #3 : 225.90g
Total: 363.52g

So the plant in pure coco really pulled through for me. Made a couple of pounds of cannabutter in the slow cooker, and it's very potent (brownie batch tested, came on super slow and then hit like a truck for hours and hours; made the classic mistake of eating a second brownie after a little over an hour because I was only feeling a mild buzz...oops).

Took forever for the trichomes to start turning amber, but based on the potency of the final product the wait was worth it. My summer is set :cool:

VIVOSUN 6 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Fan, Pre-filter Included, Reversible Flange VIVOSUN 6 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Fan, Pre-filter Included, Reversible Flange
1666159366789.png

It is a good filter. I have one myself and it works great. You might want to also pick up a variable fan controller. Help control both the sound and temperature.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Grow Journals

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom