GIbuds - Soil - COTC Cash Crop - 1st Grow - 2015

GIbuds

Hey guys, welcome to my first grow

Base info:
Strain: COTC cash crop (N.L. x BigBud)
Medium: Roots Organics original
Container: smart pot 7ga/ 3ga DIY planter bucket( im experimenting with 2 sizes to see how big one gets over the other)
Nutrients: General Organics Go-box
Tea additives: Bat Guano, Worm castings, Blackstrap molasses, FF Microbe Brew(mycorihazea)
Grow tent: 3x3x6.5 ft.
Lights: 18/6, 2 - 300w LED full spectrum (280 true watts total)
Temp:75-81f lights on 68-70f lights off
RH%: 45-60%

I dont know what else is missing from the info, anyways , here is a pic of her at day 19.My computer is down so parden the pics. As soon as i fix it i will alter this to be better organised and with more detailed info...
CAM004411.jpg
CAM004401.jpg

I have only fed her unchlorinated tap water w/ CalMag+.

At day 14, i gave her a tea feeding using Castings, molasses, microbe brew. (no guano)

Whats up guys and gals, quick update, mainly for sticky or whoever is growing this strain. Next friday i will have my laptop back and im going to have proper posts on details like germination and veg cycle.
BONUS: My friend is bringing his big bad DSLR so proper pics coming soon.

Here we go with this update:
Today is DAY 24
@Day 22: I started LST. Nothing fancy, simple garden staples made by twist ties to hold her down.
By the next day, she was perky and reaching for the light. One thing I can say is that she loves being trained. No negative reactions from it whatsoever.

TODAY! I have seen "pistil" like things growing for two days now. But today I see definitive white hairs coming out. That's pre-flowering in just 23days!

Well here's the plan, It has been ten days since my last tea brew so I gave her a light brew mix. Its also the first time I gave her a little bit of love with some additives.
@ 2 Gallons:
 1/2 cup: Worm castings
 30ml Blackstrap molasses
 5ml. Bio Weed, seaweed extract
 10ml Bio Root, Root stimulator w/yeast to feed microbes.
 10ml Bio Marine, liquid squid (smells horrible)
 10ml CalMag+
All the above brewed for 16hrs @73°F.

***since pre flowers are coming in, I will brew a transition tea w/ High N and High P in 7 days, this will help her bloom and also get her ready for the stretch. From what I have seen online, she gets to 4ft tall! So figure she's going to require a lot of N.***

I promise better pics and updates coming soon!!

Ok here we go with the latest series of updates:
This will be done if a few posts:

Germination:
Nothing much to it;
NO special techniques
NO pre soaking

I placed my beans into Rapid Rooter cubes that I quickly dipped in distilled water. Put them in a seedling tray on top of a heat mat.
3 days later they sprouted

Veg Cycle:
I have ready many people say that when she gets her third set of true leaves, is when the seedling phase is over. She had her third set before the 7th day, so for record keeping purposes I will say Veg started at Day 7.

I have placed my beans in Roots Organics original soil. This allowed me the freedom to not have to feed for the whole veg cycle. Despite the richness of the soil, I have been feeding CalMag+ every watering. From what I have researched, and how my grow is going, autos are very calmag hungry.

On day 14, I decided to give a Castings tea. Just 1/2 cup castings, 2 tbl spoons molasses.
She has reacted greatly to the tea. Explosion in growth shortly after.

on day 23, I began LST.
LST:
This being my first grow, I am not experienced in LST. I have researched several methods and used several until I figured what I was most comfortable with.

I used tie wraps to tie a bud site to the bottom fan leaf stem; This method requires a lot of adjusting and nimble hands.
I made garden staples and tied down bud sites to the soil; This method is tricky because as the plant grows, the stakes get pulled out.

The third, and my favorite method is fishing hooks and fishing weights. Just tie a couple of weights to a hook and your good to go, I prefer this method because there is less adjusting needed. I would of done more fishing weights and hooks, but I ran out. I'll definitely be using this method exclusively.
**Warning**: This method can be hazardous, you must NOT allow fishing weights to hang freely from a stem! make sure the fishing line is long enough to pull the stem down, but be able to rest the weights on the soil. I tried this on one plant to test it out and let the weights hang, and in a few seconds it snapped the stem.

On day 24 I noticed some preflowers coming in, so this is the end of my veg cycle, more pics and updates coming soon on my flowering phase.

Here are some of todays pics, Day 30

Im aware that there are different phenos and I hope that's whats going on for me. My little side branches dont have any room and are withering in places where yours grew tall enough to give them space. They look awesome and as soon as mine get a little taller I plan on trying some lst like you're doing. Congrats on the grow so far bro. Looking forward to future updates. Keep it sticky.

Hey Hortus, im updating in a few. Im about 13 days behind GI on the same strain and im always checking his journal and instagram for updates. Its like seeing into the future lol.

Lol I thought this journal was yours for awhile sticky... Glad all is good with your grow look forward to comparing my cashcrop to yours. My tents overcrowded so I'll be pulling 5 plants to outside so I can begin some lst on my named varietys then the fun begins :thumb:

Just a quick update.

Shes so damn huge! height is about 35" tall but shes about 30" wide!

LST training was on point with this strain. I have a ton of bud sites.

She started to get frosty around day 52! As for the smell, not as strong as i thought it would be, but it is still early.

As for the 70 day seed to harvest, well i doubt that is going to hold true. I dont see this thing finishing in the next 12 days or so. I think i may need to go further on. But we shall see.

Wow. Shes definitely pretty bro. Congrats on the grow so far. I was talking with a friend in Georgia that I served with and he tells me these are nowhere near ready at 70 days. He actually grew his for about 12-14 weeks before they were ready and said they could have went longer. Looking forward to seeing your end result. Thanks for the update even though it reminds me how bad I messed mine up lol.

Naw man you didn't mess it up. I got lucky with my LED's. At first i had my LED lights at 8-12in, for maybe the first week. Then i hit the jackpot and found a site that specifically talked about my brand of LED and informed me that with the wattage i have, it needed to be 25 inches away! I dont know how cfl light spacing goes, but im sure you can find out, depending on cfl wattage, how far off the lights need to be.

As for the 12-14 weeks, man i sure hope not! I just came home today from work and my house reeks! The worst part is i dont have a carbon filter. I cant imagine how stank this place is going to be if i have to drag this on for another month!

Its so bad today that when i walked in and took a deep breathe, i felt like i was back in Afghanistan in the middle of a ganja field!

Guess i need to go get a carbon filter asap.

CFL in my opinion, is just not the way to go. Granted, I've got five gallon pot that's rootbound so the cfl light will help the root system spread but growth above ground has been pitiful. I plan to grow her on out just because of time invested and well, free meds. I started a Sweet Cheese auto to see if I could find the right distance and about eight inches is perfect. Shes growing rapidly and at 16 days old shes already almost a foot tall and in pre flower with nodes that are about two inches apart. The difference between the two plants is simply amazing. These are the only ones ill grow until my tent and lights get set up. Im lucky I live way out in the country so I just vent the smell unfiltered outside. Cash crop is definitely a stinker. Ever day when my wife gets home she gripes because of it but im immune to the smell I guess. And I was talking with an Army brother of mine who loves this particular strain and showed him your cash crop and he said with these its more like 70 days from flowering. Ill be down there next week, my oldest son is graduating the same training battalion his dad did, 2/58 The House of pain, and ill grab some pics of his at 90+ days. Truly appreciate all your input. Beautiful plant bro.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom