Gigabane's Journal - 1st Ever Grow

GigaGrew

Hi all

as with everything else in my life, i seem to have gone about this all backwards.
i germed seeds before having any equip, or money to get equip
i started trouble shooting my grow before i started a journal
i didnt even bother counting the days, but having thought hard about it im certain i planted them 2 saturdays ago meaning today is day 19 of my grow.

the link below is the story so far, now i will continue it here in journal format through to completion or fail..

Noob grower - zero budget - some sings of trouble

Re: GiGaBaNE's Journal. 1st ever grow.

ok for some reason it wont let me edit my post again.

Day 19

Plants are alive and well.
the plant with the acid burns had to be trimmed. the leaves on one new stem were turning mutant, they had gone narrow near the stem and the leaves had flipped over so i cut it back to the healthy part, will see if they recover.

looking forward to going shopping tommorow, not a great deal to throw at it this payday, but i shall endevour to improve their quality of life ;)

GEDC0019.JPG

GEDC0020.JPG

GEDC0022.JPG

this plant has gained an inch of width since i flushed the soil =D
GEDC0023.JPG

running 6 hours of darkness per day atm, switching to 13 as soon as i get them in nice new pots and into my almost ready grow box.

:popcorn:

Day 20

Ok. bloody royal wedding. its a bank holiday so my money isnt showing as in. went and blew a little anyway.

got new pots for my plants, will photo them later. hoping to get some time tonight to finish my grow box, lol dont know who demands more attention, my 2 plants or my 4 kids ;)

Bought this, doesnt look too strong which is fine by me. hoping it will make sure i dont suffer nute lack too badly. Will look into the grow forums later to understand more about the balance between N.P.K

GEDC00051.JPG

GEDC0008.JPG

is that liquid or pelletised?:cheer:Imean time released

oh yeah sorry how you doin.try the nutes and how to use them thread pretey good info. oh by the way are you a nurse or a doctor? just askin. and Im workin on the ol lady about pics. will watch your grow. hope big buds for you!

lol im doing ok. finally managed to get up into the attic to look at the cupboard i planned to use as a grow box, but the spiders up there forced me to retreat (pair of pit bulls i can handle, but cobwebs and spiders in a confined space..some other time perhaps)

Anyways, plan B is a tent in my bedroom, lol.

couple of questions guys.

those seed leaves right at the bottom, can they be buried when i repot? got large pots and im gonna bed them deeper.

a plant can flower then re veg then flower again right? how many times can it do that before it dies?

fish again, haveyou tried one of those aquarium tst kits I think you can get one at the pet store or I think you call them gaarden shops for a couple bucks. I dig the cabbage thing prety smart. but if your that worried about it try that. aint no expert just trying to help. most of the things i have screwed up or problems ive had is fukin with them to much. that said those are your babies and I cant tell you how to raise your kids.

man ive been a chippy for almost 30 years and hospitals are the worst oh my boss was from birmingham and thats what he called us carpenters. somuch stuff in the way or trying too keep everything clean. sure saw some prety nurses though

im gonna say those spiders might be your best freinds if you go with the attic. aint no other bugs hanging around.:wood:

im gonna say those spiders might be your best freinds if you go with the attic. aint no other bugs hanging around.:wood:

haha aint no me hanging around either ;)

yeah im no stranger to chippy dust =p

im labourer/banksman currently saving to get cpcs dumper, then cpcs appointed person, and well, you know cpcs their list is longer than most of our plants, lol

are you forbidden to go near spiders or just paranoid:rofl:

arrgh. i looked at that thread, but to be honest its all american supplies and im not shopping for names.

can someone just reccomend a safe NPK ratio for veging and one for flowering?
im the type that would juxt want to buy brand x bottles of straight N P and K and mix them myself

that bottle i got is 3-2-6 im wondering if i can just use that and add extra N for vegging then use extra P when flowering.

appologies for noob questions btw. trying to keep up, i got about 50 tabs open in explorer this site has so much data that i keep losing my way =/

you know just a inside joke . try osmocote I use it in my veg garden and ive heard fair revuwse : anyway what ever ;about it on this site hope that helps.:cool:

I use fox farms myself but this is still my first grow. have heard good things about it here one is called grow big .its a6-4-4 npk thars for veg and big bloom that has liquid bat shit and worm castings after that ive been using dried banana chips and skins for potasium addatives. ff stuff is kinda expensive if yor short on pounds the osmo stuff is fairly cheep

Back
Top Bottom