Giixer 1000w LED Concerns & Misinformation

I'll buy them off ya :D

Hey @djdmaze which one did you buy, the blurple or the full spectrum? I'm fixin to pick one up, I want to see what all the hubub is about.
My bad, I thought these were blurple, I bought the full spectrum. And it does give off more of a white light. I'm so new to LED lol so is the full spectrum the same as the budget led white light? But even at the low watts this Giixer is not pulling no where near 1.9g/watt....at least I don't believe so at the rate my girls are growing....

That was with autos. ;)

1.942g per watt was the end return.

Worth every penny, too.

Now I'm not here to start a big ass debate on lights, but I will offer a bit of guidance here.

First, think about this... that "3000w" blurple is going to draw 600watts from the wall. That's overkill for a 4x2 tent on just a number. However, it's also going to make your tent hot AF. Why do those units have fans, while others (like the ones I mentioned previously) don't?

It's really simple. Those lights on amazon, ebay, etc may look appealing with the price tag, but what do you get for your money? You get inferior LED's which are much less efficient. Do you know where they get that "3000w" number? It's the sum of all the 5w diodes (the little led's) in the light. They don't power the chips very hard though, because of the low quality.

On top of that, even running them at significantly reduced power, they still have to add cooling fans. Why? Because of the inefficiency, they produce way more heat. So they have to add fans to keep the light from burning up. Also because of the fans, part of the watts they actually draw from the wall go to run the fans. That light is also $300.

Now, the Budget LED board I mentioned previously draws 250w, and will flower a 4x2 very, very well. It has no fans, and all power is going to the led's. It's a full spectrum, natural light, and even has added UV. It's also only $339, and you can get 5% off with the forum discount code. It also ships free. I ordered one on Thursday, it was at my door Monday. (FYI amazon is "prioritizing" shipments and aren't as fast as they usually are, even with Prime.)

That King light is going to cost you about $40 a month to run. That Budget LED is more like $16. So that $15 difference in price is gone after just one month of use. And save $15 every month thereafter. (Note, based on 12¢/kWh.)

The king light uses Epistar LED's. They are low grade.

The Budget light uses top bin Samsung, Osram (deep reds), and LG (UV) chips.

Both lights are going to grow plants. So will many other lights. However, when you get down to the finer details, things get farther apart. Better components, less cost to run per month, and obviously grows the shit out of some plants. :D

Spending money like this is always a thing. All I'm suggesting is to be smart with it, and come out ahead. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thank you so much for the detailed post. Loads of information to take in. I'm a little higher at 18 cents/kwh. Electric bill and efficiency is a great factor to consider. The 1.9g/watt is astonishing, congrats man. I am sold on it, however still curious about the full spectrum amazon models like King. Is the budgetLED full spectrum different from the King full spectrum? Because it is a no brainer if this thing is really pulling less watts than the king yet giving me more grams/watt with the same technology? Or is it just the brand like you said, Samsung & LG make quality TV's, I know their LED's must be fire too...

LOL Thank you, I made the mistake of being cheap and looking at "1000w" in the title. I always felt like the price was just too good to be true then I see the actual wattage. Silly mistake, now I am definitely interested in the Budget LED and higher watt Blurple.
I think it's a mistake we all made in the start. At least you know now and know what to look for.

Ok, I ordered the King3000w (615 actual watts including fans) full spectrum. I'm only running it on Veg (half wattage probably) for 3 more weeks. Then full power for 12/12. Training the girls to grow low via LST, so I can prepare for raising light + flower stretch. That's my plan anyway, will post results and let you all know how much of a difference I see. Guaranteed Delivery Wednesday, 15th.

Thank you so much for the detailed post. Loads of information to take in. I'm a little higher at 18 cents/kwh. Electric bill and efficiency is a great factor to consider.

You're welcome. I admit that sometimes I can be a little vocal/opinionated on certain things, and this is one of them. After getting quality genetics, light is the biggest/most important thing you can control. I hate to see new people that are really interested in growing start out on the wrong path to success. When they fail, they can get really discouraged and many times give up.

The 1.9g/watt is astonishing, congrats man. I am sold on it, however still curious about the full spectrum amazon models like King. Is the budgetLED full spectrum different from the King full spectrum? Because it is a no brainer if this thing is really pulling less watts than the king yet giving me more grams/watt with the same technology? Or is it just the brand like you said, Samsung & LG make quality TV's, I know their LED's must be fire too...

Yes, the spectrums are different. Very different.The king is still in the blurple category. Now that isn't necessarily terrible, and there are some good LED lights (like BlackDog, or Platinum LED) that have a purpleish spectrum. However, they're using better parts and such. I personally wouldn't use them, but many people do and have great success.

The Budget LED lights are full white light, and much more closely mimic true sunlight. The 250w panel really does pull 250w, and will rock the hell out of a 4x2 or 3x3 tent. It comes back down to efficiency, and quality of parts. By using better quality diodes, they're more efficient in turning that input power into light.

So yes, the Budget LED light is for real going to pull less watts than that King, and absolutely make for a better g/watt ratio. Now light isn't the only factor in the equation. Genetics and growing skills also play a role.

As for cost, if you're at 18¢/kWh that would make the King about $60/mo to run, compared to the Budget LED light at $25/mo. So sure, that King might be a little less up front, but it's going to cost a lot more to run.

7b833b33-558a-4031-904c-7164a86bd8ad-jpeg.2097665

This flower is under a 250w Budget LED, and at just over 4 weeks of flower is getting awfully crusty.

I hate to see new people that are really interested in growing start out on the wrong path to success. When they fail, they can get really discouraged and many times give up.
It's also a great way to learn too. As long as we adapt to those mistakes. But honestly, how many times do new members come here for advice, get the advice but then do the exact opposite.

My bad, I thought these were blurple, I bought the full spectrum. And it does give off more of a white light. I'm so new to LED lol so is the full spectrum the same as the budget led white light? But even at the low watts this Giixer is not pulling no where near 1.9g/watt....at least I don't believe so at the rate my girls are growing....
Have you ever thought about starting a Grow Journal here? Not only can you take notes, but you can allow others to follow along and maybe learn or have members with tricks and tips along the way. Something to think about...

It's also a great way to learn too. As long as we adapt to those mistakes. But honestly, how many times do new members come here for advice, get the advice but then do the exact opposite.

Quite true. Happens more times than not. Then they’re back wondering what went wrong. Oh well, we all do the best we can to help point them in the right direction, but the rest isn’t up to us.

Case in point, saving $15 to burn 350w more. :laugh:

Even at half power that $15 in “savings” is ate up in a month.

I wish the op the best, but it’s sad to see money going down the drain too.

Have you ever thought about starting a Grow Journal here? Not only can you take notes, but you can allow others to follow along and maybe learn or have members with tricks and tips along the way. Something to think about...
Definitely thinking about it. Even if I start in the middle of a grow or should I wait until next grow. Might try that budget led 250 by that time....we'll see if my funds permit it in this pandemic lol

Quite true. Happens more times than not. Then they’re back wondering what went wrong. Oh well, we all do the best we can to help point them in the right direction, but the rest isn’t up to us.

Case in point, saving $15 to burn 350w more. :laugh:

Even at half power that $15 in “savings” is ate up in a month.

I wish the op the best, but it’s sad to see money going down the drain too.
Thanks man, definitely see the savings. I was more worried about not getting up to 1.9g/watt like previous post stated. Where as I know I'm paying for the watts I want with the King. But since it's my first DWC, LED grow, I just said ah, what the hell...purchased. Experimenting as well. If I'm not satisfied with the bill and/or yield. I'm going BudgetLED 100%.

Definitely thinking about it. Even if I start in the middle of a grow or should I wait until next grow. Might try that budget led 250 by that time....we'll see if my funds permit it in this pandemic lol
Any time is a good time to start a journal here....Good luck with your grow. Ask away too.....No question is a stupid one

Just to come back and update everyone on the grow light situation, things are looking good. Grow light came on Tuesday, April 14th, 1 day earlier than guaranteed delivery date. The wife and I took all day installing new carbon filter and 4in 190cfm inline fan with ducting package combo I also ordered from Amazon for 100 bucks. New power of grow light raised temps a little but inline fan helps keep humidity lower so higher temp is not harmful to plants. Inside the armoire environment feels great and they are finally thriving. For all the kiddies out there looking for an education on LED lighting, this thread should help. I thank all of the wonderful growers and members who responded to this thread. Everyone's input was extremely helpful.

Now for what we all been waiting for....Progress from a 110w Giixer1000 running at half watt (60ish hopefully) to a 615w King3000 running at half watt (300ish maybe) BTW, the book that came with the KING light says 508 watts for my model while the 4000 model says 610w. Other models' wattage match up with Amazon seller description except for the one I purchased (of course!) Nonetheless, even if I am getting a fewer watts (100ish watts IS kind of a big difference huh?) it's better/lower on bill and its enough light/power for the small grow space either way. IMO I guess I have to get a wattage meter and come back to update real wattage here and on my Amazon review.

First Picture was taken on Monday, April 13th, thank bae for this one, she had this picture 1 day before the light came. That's all work of the @Giixer ....which has since been boxed up and in storage IMO

Second Picture is exactly 1 week (7 days) later, today. April 20, 2020. Happy 4/20 everyone!
Rigorous growth. Never seen anything like this before. She needs attention/tied down almost everyday now (Third Picture), she was trained today...AGAIN lol - trying to achieve nice star shape without topping :thumb:

Still curious as to how that BudgetLED would've done. But regardless, I needed more power one way or another, and I got it, so I'm happy. Maybe will try it next grow if my funds permit it. I love experimenting and testing new products like this. Will probably do a complete journal once this is done or start the journal when I flower but with included past updates and progress I documented on my own. Oh and 4th pic shows more misleading advertising not matching Amazon seller description! C'mon KING! More brownie points for BudgetLED baby! At least I would know exactly what I'm paying for.....@KINGLED

Attachments

• IMG_1980.JPG
    IMG_1980.JPG
    608.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1997.jpg
    IMG_1997.jpg
    759.6 KB · Views: 54
If your intent is to try and provide the best that you can for your plants, then it only makes sense to improve your equipment as your budget permits.
Will cheap ass blurples grow weed? Absolutely!
Can you improve your outcome with better lights?
Overwhelming consensus says yes.

As someone who has had good results with blurples, I will be a good guinea pig. Just upgraded to a 240w board setup with Samsung 301h LEDs. I'm hoping that my "good" will go to "great"... after plugging in the new light I'm pretty optimistic...this thing is like the freaking sun!

I come from the Gavita world used to traditional grow lights. Bought a bunch of the giixer and I love em. Trick is to grow with multiple lights. Also genetics, bites, and water play a big part. I did my first CBD run With these last year and grew som monsters!!! Great flower quality as well. I Have five red solos in a tent under three of the dual spectrum lights for seed and they are doing amazing and my Purple Punch x King Kush and Bubba sprouts are under two sun simulators right now and they love em!

Back
Top Bottom