Giixer 1000W LED Unboxing & First Impressions

GHempster

Giixer LED Lighting has sent out a 1000w ( 100 double chip 5w leds ) for review.

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS :

20191202_115510.jpg

No shipping protection at all, inside box was just bouncing around in larger shipping box. The Giixer box was thankfully not hurt.

The company logo and box was nice looking and would have good shelf appeal.

20191202_115542.jpg

20191202_115532.jpg

Inside Giixer box the light and accessories were well packaged.

20191202_115648.jpg
20191202_115704.jpg

Appears to have good air flow. Two fans and and interior heat sink to dissipate heat from the two small drivers mounted one on each side at opposite ends.

Upon close inspection there is a fair amount of solder flux on board where drivers were soldered to board that could have been cleaned up better.

Veg and Bloom switches.

20191202_115710.jpg

VEG only

20191202_115757.jpg

BLOOM only

20191202_115807.jpg

FULL SPECTRUM

20191202_115816.jpg

The board is more red leaning and appears that it may be great as a bloom booster.

The light is very bright for the 110w draw from wall and for the size of the unit. I was really impressed with the brightness and with the red spectrum.

The issue here that I have is that this is not the advertised light. The led patterns are almost opposite compared to the advertised light. And advertised as having uv and ir leds which this unit has none. Because this data is incorrect in the ad it is hard to trust that the lux and ppfd readings listed in ad are correct but we will test.

More to come in part 2

THE MANUAL

The manual was one sheet of paper folded in half. And first off was safety instructions. According to manual this light ...

20191202_120148.jpg

Should not be used by irresponsible people :oops:

also later on same page it states the unit is not fully submersible

and since I am a adult child that is fully irresponsible and really wanted the light so I could see while swimming I will now turn this review over to a more responsible adult.

the manual also goes on to say that the all important manual must stay with unit in case it is given away later as theses safety measures must be adhered to for warranty.

The manual had no important info for the grower and they wanted me to hire an electrician to plug it in. Oh man did he laugh when I had scheduled an appointment with him in order to plug in a light so I asked him if he could plug in my toaster while he was here and I asked him what I could do when he was gone. I said I have lots of things here that requires plugging in. So we are in talks for me to hire him on for a more permanent basis.

The manual also talked about a bypass power outlet that can be used to daisy chain multiple lights with but mine must have missed that part of manufacturing as it was not there.

oh and a couple spelling mistakes but now i am nit picking.

All in all did not need this piece of paper and made company look bad having it in the box.

I ended up finding better info on the package itself.

20191202_140804.jpg
20191202_140811.jpg

CONSTRUCTION & INSTALLATION :

The light is well built and solid. Easy to hang and hook up. Came with one adjustable hanger which I added 1 more to steady light as one hanger will cause light spin. For the price of these cheap hangers I would recommend company to send two with all lights.

The light runs quiet and the drivers after an hour running registered at 30°C with the hottest part of case on outside unit was only 28°C.

20191202_173938.jpg

Lux Readings :

On Veg @ 30cm 12000 LUX
On Veg @ 60cm 6400 LUX

On Bloom @ 30cm 9000 LUX
On Bloom @ 60cm 5000 LUX

On Full @ 30cm 25000 LUX
On Full @ 60cm 10900 LUX

Advertised as 16700 Lux at 30cm and 4890 Lux at 60cm. On ad it doesn't say if tested with only one switch on or both but hints that it is from both switches on.

Granted my equipment for testing is not very good but I did run two tests with different testers. Both test were closer to my results that I posted above.

Stay tuned for some growth results to be posted weekly here till full review completed. At which time I will post my opinion on light.

So far not so bad interested to see how it performs compared to the 165w blurple lights I currently run.

Ok as Old Salt pointed out to me. There is two different ads for this light.

The ad which I used for my review is the ad for this light on Amazon.ca website not the .com as the two are different.

Thanks Old Salt for pointing this out.

Hi, @GHempster
Thanks for your suggestion! Actually you get the light with old version manual, we already updated to be chromatic manual for United state market. however it is not good enough for us. i think if more professional growers could give more suggestions that will be helpful for making professional manual. i will keep attention your post, thank you!

GROW REPORT :

Had to drop light from 50cm ( 20" ) to 30cm ( 12" ) as I was getting some stretch.

20191203_224449.jpg

The light is in veg only mode the pic coloring is from camera trying to white balance the blue.

Had tried switching to both switches on before dropping light to see if increased power was enough to stop stretch but they continued to stretch so put back on veg only and drop to 30cm.

If stretching continues I will try both switches on at this height.

UPDATE :

I took pic with both switches and as you can see the light is very red.

20191205_204556.jpg

The stretching did stop but with so much red I couldn't keep it with both switches on, so I drop the light again to 25cm (10") and turn just veg switch on.

20191205_204710.jpg

and as you can see we are down to the Afghani girls and we will flower one under this light for the review. I will be running a journal for this grow so come check out how the Giixer is doing by clicking link here Giixer review journal .

I will come back here after harvest to give full grow impressions and final thoughts.

See you over at the journal.

Back
Top Bottom